Sign in to follow this  

A Quck Dover One With Kris and Char feb 2011

Right was bout time our Troglodyte pulled his finger out and came to visit with Peach,and space invader came along..so monday night after the drive to my area they arrived so we spent a night and most part of the day doing dover so to speak.

Trip consisted of Doe , The hospital Postern,st martins deep shelter ,Crete road resevoir and hills resevoir followed by st margarets esplanade tunnel ,the grand shaft and to finish off Winchelsea tunnels..Havnt got pics from all the locations but some from 4 places on the list !

Pics !

That was a few from DOE..now a few from Crete Road

Some of the grand shaft one angle looks pretty much the same as the other :)

And end of the trip was Winchelsea

Not exactly a groundbreaking explore but we all had fun

Thanks for the invite mate :D

was fun..you gunna do a report onwinchelsea sure you got plenty of pics

Great pics myself and my lad are going to attempt to do Winchelsea tomorrow morning amongst other locations !!! :D

Its a nice relaxed explore meat youll enjoy it

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By silverainbow
      Well guys, this has been covered on more than one occasion, and I've visited this site on more than one of the numerous open days over previous years never been lucky enough to get any Pics due to the hoards of people all over the place, So when one very kind Barry Stewart offered me free reign of the place for a few hours obviously I happily and very gratefully took him up on his offer.
      So, For a bit of History ;
      The Drop Redoubt is one of the two forts on Western Heights, and is linked to the other, the Citadel, by a series of dry moats (the lines). It is, arguably, the most impressive and immediately noticeable feature on Dover’s Western Heights.
      The artillery at the Redoubt faced mostly inland; it was intended to attack an invading force attempting to capture Dover from the rear.
      The construction of the Redoubt was in two periods: the first being from 1804-1808 during the Napoleonic Wars, and the second from 1859-1864 following the recommendations of the 1859 Royal Commission.

Well, That's all folks, Thanks for taking a look

More can be found out about this fantastic Structure Here;
    • By Wevsky
      This has been the one shelter i dover that's eluded me due to the entrance or rather the route down to it!three years ago i had a go and last year but my body would not allow me to go down the ever disappearing cliff path to it..
      Fast forward 3 years and with a lot of encouragement from the guys i finally got down to it ..cheers lads
      Visited with SpaceInvader Obscurity and UrbanJunky was a great meet up and pukka day out
      Brief blagged history
      Lydden Spout Battery was constructed in 1941 on the cliffs between Dover and Folkestone. This consisted of three 6� naval gun positions, magazines, gun rooms, a plotting room and a large deep shelter. The guns were removed in the 1970’s but the foundations are still visible to date. All underground parts are in a good condition. Above ground most buildings were demolished but an officers mess remains and is now used as a cow shed

Thanks for looking and im rather chuffed i got down there..thanks again to the guys for getting me down there:thumb
    • By Frosty
      Few pics from St Martins, nice little shelter, could also be known as the nutcracker!

Sorry pretty crappy pics!
    • By Frosty
      Just chucking this back up as redoing all my reports, visited with fortknox0, history is on his report, truely a special place!

Sorry its pic heavy!
    • By Harry
      Now home to the local pigeon population this small deep shelter was built to protect troops of the nearby Z-Rocket from incoming axis bombs during WWII. There was two main entrances down into the shelter and one emergency escape exit. All in all, a great little splore, one of many in the area.
      Un-lined section which leads to the emergency escape exit.

Wardens room/office, with the un-lined section in the distance.

Main tunnels are lined with steel girders braced with corrugated steel sheet.

Steps leading up towards main entrance, now infilled with bricks and rubble.

The original timber and plywood lining still remains, although damaged and decomposing.

Last but by no means least...