he who must rome

CF memory card for Canon 7d ?

Well it's decided I'm getting a Canon 7D next question 2 cards come to mind

16 GB with a 90Meg/s or a 32 GB with a 60 Meg/s both are SanDisk

which one to go for ?.........is the 60Meg/s fast enough to shoot at max frames per sec ? and fast enough for the HD Video recording !

or should i cut back on size for a faster transfer rate ?. can anyone help please.....cheers for any info given.

It's a 12 megapixel camera, so each frame in RAW is going to be approximately 15-16mb each. Remember you do have a buffer memory in the camera which works like a cache on a PC hard drive - this is enough to store 17 RAW images anyway which at 3 frames per sec will store 5 1/2 seconds worth of shooting.

60MB/s it's plenty fast enough in theory, as the maximum output of the camera per second should be 16mb x 3 which is 48MB/s. To be fair thou, I'd probably go for the slightly smaller but faster card, as even 16GB is a lot of space, in RAW that's enough for approximately 1000 images which in my opinion is more than enough - I've never taken this many images even on a week long road trip. If you want more space, you can always buy two, that was you've got a spare to keep in your camera bag for those moments when you leave you memorycard in your PC card reader (come on we've all done it at least once! )

M

hmmmmmm 18 meg pixle maniac but yes i was thinking where the 'bottle necking' would be i have asked at the shop and a cannon rep both could not answer my questions !.......fek and i know nothing yet about dslr's ! cheers for the info about camera internal details though this helped a lot i believe i now will be getting the 32gb card at 60mb/s or a 16gb at same speed ...cheers m8, think when i get this camera i might b some time b4 i get some good shots !!!!!

hmmmmmm 18 meg pixle maniac but yes i was thinking where the 'bottle necking' would be i have asked at the shop and a cannon rep both could not answer my questions !.......fek and i know nothing yet about dslr's ! cheers for the info about camera internal details though this helped a lot i believe i now will be getting the 32gb card at 60mb/s or a 16gb at same speed ...cheers m8, think when i get this camera i might b some time b4 i get some good shots !!!!!

ive had a dslr since last may and was compairing my earlier reports and tbh im getting better still room for improvement with lighting etc !

I've had a dslr since last may and was comparing my earlier reports and tbh im getting better still room for improvement with lighting etc !

:beer:

I've a lot lo learn that i know......just hope its going to be like riding a bike.....the more you do it the better you become.....unlike a bike though you don't eat tar mack lol :thumb

Edited by Stussy

I wouldn't worry too much about the speed of the card if its just for urbexing.... how many 8 shots per second do you do lol? There are very few fast moving subjects unless your trying to capture every hilarious moment of a fellow explorers dissapearing through a rotten floor :D

I used to work for canon so have a fair bit of knowledge on the 7D, It's an amazing camera that's recently dropped massively in price.

If i were you I'd probably go for 2x 16gb cf cards, Main reason being if your going to use the HD movie then the faster cards will help.

The other reason is that CF can get corrupted pretty easily and the higher the storage the more likely it is to get corrupted and possibly lose all of your images. I personally have the 16gb card in my 50D and use one in a 5D they seem to work absolutely fine speed wise. In jpeg you'll get roughly 2000 images and about 1000 in raw on a 16gb.

Hope this helps, if you need any info or advice the please just drop me a message and I'll help you out :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By HitGirl
      Visited with one non member
      Hidden away in a country lane is this little gem full to the brim with personal treasures and memories.
      I spent hours looking through stuff and reading old letters from the 1920's onwards
      Some of the letters were so sad i shed a tear

• By macc_explore
      The Explore
      Tried this one a few times with no luck at all so very happy to finally get inside! Quite a personal one for me this as it was were I watched my first movie at the cinema (Superman 4).. strangely the place doesn't look anything like I remember it, only the entrance area seemed familiar to me.

The History
      'Opened as the Forum Cinema on 16th May 1931 with Clifford Mollison in “Almost A Honeymoon”. It was designed by William R. Glen and Alfred Ernest Shennan for Associated British Cinemas(ABC) at a cost in excess of 200,000 pounds.

A massive six-storey curved Portland stone facade remains a distinctive and highly prominent feature of Lime Street – one of Liverpools major thoroughfares. The foyer was lined with Italian marble. The auditorium, in a semi-Atmospheric style, depicted Venetian scenes, contains an amazing proscenium treatment consisting of a vast curved canopy over the arch and the side boxes. Indirect light light was a feature, except for a huge ‘sunburst’ light fitting above the balcony.

A shallow stage was provided together with a Compton 3Manual/12Ranks organ on a lift in front of the stage, which was opened by organist Reginald Foort. Because of the relatively small width of the site the 1,835 capacity was achieved by having a huge circle containing 750 of the seats.

It was re-named ABC from 17th February 1971 and due to its opulence and excellent location the cinema survived intact until 1982 when it was converted to a three screen operation by installing two mini-cinemas under the balcony seating 272 and 217 seats. From 1986 it had been re-named Cannon. It closed on 29th January 1998 with a special screening of Humphrey Bogart in “Casablanca”, when a special admission fee of 50p was charged.

There were proposals to convert the building into a conference centre, but these stalled and the building has stood empty since closing. Proposals were put forward in late-2007 to convert it into a ‘boutique’ hotel and supper club, with plans going to Liverpool City Council in July 2008 and if permission was granted, work could start in late-2008. The building remained unused in April 2012. It is Grade II Listed building.' 

• By Norfolk Explorer
      Visited with clarexplres and cheers for the heads up from Black Shuck a few months ago.... But as usual I only just got round to this nice post now. 
      An hours drive and walking up the wrong side of the field to try and find the ROC post to start off with and eventually we were on our way in
      This was the 1st time I had been in a ROC Post and actually felt how cramped it must have been down there. With stuff strewn everywhere you could hardly more. This site is listed as locked on the Outdated Subrit site and you can see from the images it has not just been opened up recently either.... So get out there checking other ones folks. 
      This particular post  opened March 1958 and closed September 1991
      What are they
      Royal Observer Corps Monitoring Posts are underground structures all over the United Kingdom, constructed as a result of the Corps' nuclear reporting role and operated by volunteers during the Cold War between 1955 and 1991.
      In all but a very few instances the posts were built to a standard design consisting of a 14-foot-deep access shaft, a toilet/store and a monitoring room. The most unusual post was the non-standard one constructed in a cellar within Windsor Castle.
      Almost half of the total number of posts were closed in 1968 during a reorganisation and major contraction of the ROC. Several others closed over the next 40 years as a result of structural difficulties i.e. persistent flooding, or regular vandalism. The remainder of the posts were closed in 1991 when the majority of the ROC was stood down following the break-up of the Communist Bloc. Many have been demolished or adapted to other uses but the majority still exist, although in a derelict condition.

We could have had some serious fun if this was still there

• By Funlester
      This was one of the sites we did on a full day in Sheffield. We bumped in to come pensioners at this site who explore but mainly for the street art.
      History
      Stones Brewery (William Stones Ltd) was a regional brewery founded in 1868 by William Stones in Sheffield, West Riding of South Yorkshire, England and purchased by Bass Brewery in 1968. After its closure in 1999 its major brand, Stones Bitter, has continued to be produced by the Molson Coors Brewing Company.

• By Vancolen Kevin
      Small location with a lot of decay and a nice surprise in the basement , some old vaults ...
      I liked this location , because I did not expect to find the vaults there ...
      The Bank Job by Vancolen Photography, on Flickr