Maniac

Photo of the day

I look at this Image and even though its a terrible shot it makes me smile Every time I look at it.

Whilst Splorin an Industrial Location I came across metal Thieves Ripping the place up with Power tools.

I tucked myself away and called the Police then sat back and watched the show.

Which resulted in both being loaded into a totally different Van than they had come in. :lol:

Metalthieves.jpg

Splorers Two

Metal thieves Nil :thumb

Edited by skeleton key

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By eyevolve
      lil place in my backyard...
      i've been coming to this spot for over a decade. tragically i've only picked up a camera a few years back. it's nice to be able to visit a location many times in the continuation of self improvement and documenting the destruction of a location. heres a few shots from over the past year:

pano from last summer. i ran here one day as the sun set. i wanted to catch the lighting.

belly of the boiler.

behind the controls. another scrapper hard at work i see.

test shop.

looking down

the next year would be sad times as kids from all over began to populate this place. i used to be able to walk around for weeks without running into a soul, and now there could be 30 kids here. 

in a short period of time shity taggers would desicrate the temple. angering the gods.

even the snow doesnt cover that grime.

she sure is a beauty tho. i've been to quite a few generating stations and none compare

it felt like a train station grande hall. standing in the freezing cold taking a pic of snow falling (or ceiling)

so ladylike

everyones favorite hallway which was in a movie for 3 seconds. (relax-its photoshopped.....or is it???)

until next time . . . 
    • By MiaroDigital
      A abandoned mine in Czech...
      2 visit's

The Moos Factory 01 by Miaro Digital, auf Flickr

The Moos Factory 02 by Miaro Digital, auf Flickr

The Moos Factory 03 by Miaro Digital, auf Flickr

The Moos Factory 04 by Miaro Digital, auf Flickr

The Moos Factory 05 by Miaro Digital, auf Flickr

revisit:

The Moos Factory revisit 01 by Miaro Digital, auf Flickr

The Moos Factory revisit 02 by Miaro Digital, auf Flickr

The Moos Factory revisit 03 by Miaro Digital, auf Flickr

The Moos Factory revisit 04 by Miaro Digital, auf Flickr

The Moos Factory revisit 05 by Miaro Digital, auf Flickr

The Moos Factory revisit 06 by Miaro Digital, auf Flickr

The Moos Factory revisit 07 by Miaro Digital, auf Flickr
    • By Ninja Kitten
      The House Of Tears...this place has been a labour of love and hate on occasions...Those who recognise her will know the history and the tragedy that runs throughout her walls..she is simply stunning to walk around in knowing that some of our legends of music have stayed there also made it even more of a truley amazing place to be...after seeing a post on her a couple of years ago and her getting battoned down faster than lightening i decided to hunt her down and give her a whirl back in september..lady luck shone that day and we got the whole afternoon to wander about her..i know the tourist trail hit her very quickly and no doubt youve seen her already, but heres my take on a magnificant building slowly being preserved..
      splored with Perjury Saint
      i hope you enjoy her as we did...

• By Wevsky
      Visited with Obscurity Stealth SpaceInvader UrbanGinger and Fortknox0 and on two different visits
      Nice to get back in here with a dslr as last time was early days and a camera fone,its not huge but was worth going back for a better look
      The origins of these caves, which are not natural but built by man, is shrouded in mystery. The caves may take their name from Vortigern, who supposedly gave the area around Margate to the Saxons as a reward for helping him fight the Picts and Scots. Rediscovered by accident in 1798, the caves are considered by some to be of Saxon origin, consisting of a series of natural passages, which have been artificially enlarged. However, few experts think these 'artificial cavities' (as they are called) go back that far. The first time they appear in history is fairly recent. The guide book would have the visitor believe that the caves are over a 1000 years old and possible even of Phoenician origin! The more likely explanation would perhaps be a more modest medieval origin, or even a Georgian folly. Locally they put the Shell Grotto down as a Victorian folly built at a time when the local shell fish industry would have produced enough shells for them to be freely available (being a by-product).
      Somewhere near the close of the 18th Century, a man of eccentric habits, named Francis Forster, built a large house in Margate which he named after the county of his birth - Northumberland House. In or about the year 1798 his gardener, digging behind the house, made the discovery of the Caves. A private entrance was cut. It was during this time that the cave murals were created. In 1914, a new entrance was made from the cellar of the vicarage and this is the entrance used today.
      On with some pics
      Quick map

Not a huge place but was nice to revisit after it being not possible for such a while