Sign in to follow this  

House of fun -jun 2012

i havent had time to find any real "solid" info on this place and i dont want to give half of it as it will ruin it

but as we walking on to the site we we heard "stop where you are!" thought it was police but turned out to be some teenagers warning us about a gas leak and that its really bad in the house (couldnt smell gas at all inside but on the outside it was really strong) we asked a few questions about the history and they were saying about it was a care home for the rich :dunno:

they lead us to this photo and apparently the bloke on the left was the "manager" and the one on in the middle was a millionaire

i have no idea if this is true but i went with it :)

if anyone knows any information please comment it i really would like to know the story

*(if there's any spelling/grammar mistakes sorry about that but is my dyslexic :D )*

full set :http://www.flickr.com/photos/samcain/sets/72157631525615090/

temporary roof

i still have no idea why people write these "messages" on the walls and doors :lol:

my mate trying to find out whether the gas is coming from outside or inside

looks like a interesting game

fire damage downstairs

love this shot

the remains of the bathroom

really creepy

love this chair

when i saw this i was so confused and still am :dunno::dunno2:

everyone has a hobby mines happens to be taking this photo :D

looks like a bit heavy for me :D

looks like it got hot in here

chairs :lol:

this isnt the first place i would think of to pop some pills :dunno:

evertime i look back at this photo i keep thinking about how long it must of taken to do this room withthe tiles

I think ive seen this place reported on before

this shot rings a bell

Think maybe nelly or sk may have done this place??

Interesting, there was a place close to use similar to this when I first got into exploring, I went back to explore it a few months later and the builders had moved in and repair work had started, I was told by some one it was a rehab centre for rich people with drug and alcohol problems, nice pics as always

Thanks for posting !

Wevsky- this place had been posted on 28DaysLater and I know landie man has been here

But this is the first forum that my photos have been (OS and Flickr) :)

yeah i spoke to nelly he showed me the 28 report,did you not get inside for the mosiacs or wasit sealed

Yeah I managed to get in but only got a few pics of them. I was playing around with my new flashgun :D

ah wasnt sure if they had been stripped out..got one you could add to this by any chance?

ahhhh, I thought Id seen something like it before, really surprised its still there though, thought it would be long gone!

Nice pics chap, show us the rest :)

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By oldskool
      Ok the ice house opened 1900 closed 1990 ......NO ONE TOLD ME ABOUT THE DOME CAMERA .........

Thanks for looking Oldsk@@l..........
    • By a World in Ruins
      First post on here guys so hope it works!
      Tipped off by a friend Matt about this house I decided to go one cold winter morning to see it for myself on a solo run. Entry into the house a tricky assault course through the overgrown garden which hasn't been tended to for decades by the look of it. 
      A very peculiar house this in that its location is in a sleepy little village of pure chocolate box quintessential Englishness. A more  desirable a place to live would be hard to find to get away form the chaos of city life. Clean air and peaceful surroundings, the parish church all capture the imagination yet this house contradicts everything around it.
      Somewhat derelict with overgrown gardens, a rusty old iron gate with a disappearing path leading up to the house don't fit in to its surroundings. What the local residents make of it I'd love to know. Why it has been left to fall into such a bad state is anyone's guess. I would imagine the house itself is worth a lot of money having 4 bedrooms and a lot of land regardless of the location which I'd imagine to be quite expensive to live in. Doesn't anyone own the house and if so why have they just left it for so long to fall into disrepair? It's not really secured either so it doesn't seem like anyone ever goes to the house to check on it. Very strange.
      From the decor and the possessions still left inside I'd date it becoming abandoned around the mid 1980s. Piles and piles of newspapers - mainly The Daily Mail & The Telegraph - clutter each room. Using a tripod proved tricky as the floors were covered in stacks of old newspapers. The most recent date I could find without checking all the hundreds left around was 1984. Maybe one of the former residents was a hoarder of newspapers? In the entire house there were literally thousands left behind no room escaped their occupancy.
      There were few clues as to who lived here, just names on envelopes which obviously won't be revealed. What their occupations were I have no idea. Downstairs were two reception rooms littered with vintage possessions including several televisions a typewriter a Bakelite rotary telephone amongst other things. The most interesting items were the framed portraits of children. Who were they and where are they now? Piles of old photographs and personal documents were left behind on the writing/study desk seemingly unwanted by anyone. 
      A double split staircase leads to the upstairs bedrooms. Two were empty so weren't photographed, the other two still had everything left behind including clothes and yet more newspapers. 
      I always think that every abandoned home must have an owner somewhere. It seems this one - despite its obvious appeal to potential buyers - seems to be truly abandoned with no one left to have any interest in it. 
      Enjoy the images

• By The Urban Collective
      Daresburyhall - Photographic report - Feb 2018
      Daresbury Hall is a former Georgian country house in the village of Daresbury, Cheshire, England.
      It was built in 1759 for George Heron. the hall descended in the Heron family until 1850, when it became the property of Samuel Beckett Chadwick. By 1892 it had been acquired by Sir Gilbert Greenall, later Baron Daresbury.

During the Second World War, it was used as a military hospital and also by a charity, now known as Scope. It became semi-derelict after being bought by a millionaire who died before restoration could take place.
      In April 2015, a huge cannabis farm containing six hundred plants with an estimated street value of 750.000 was discovered at the estate.

In 2016 there were plans to partly demolish and convert the house but in June of that year
      the empty building was badly damaged by fire.

Unfortunately, during our visit, we were asked to leave the sight by security via a speaker system on the estate. We did, however, stick around for 20 mins until it went off again, to be honest,
      I'm not sure whether the system is automated and linked to motion sensors.
      There is a lot of cameras on the sight too as shown the last pic.
      Any way we couldn't enter the property as it is completely sealed now with boards on all windows and doors etc except for a stable and a few dilapidated sheds.
      We did the best we could in the situation we had.
      Thanks for any feedback.

• By Branden_Jones
      Explored a long road and found a house that was abandoned, some evidence of vandalism, not the most interesting of building but the way it has naturally fallen is quite beautiful
    • By crabb
      With a 2.5 meter high, fully reinforced security fence, cameras at every angle and motion sensors tucked away in strategical places, this building was designed to keep people out.
      A load of good that did, eh? 
      This building is shrouded in mystery, its former use was totally unknown and even google wasn't any help! Turns out it was the old headquarters for the Department of work and pensions, but they could not afford to keep it running, so became a rejected building for social security. No one has ever documented this building and not a single photo of the insides can be found.. Until now. 
      Not my fanciest of camera work but the night time was the best time for this trip. So granted the shots could be better but with not a lot of time on our hands (and maybe setting a motion detector off) we had to make do! 
      The building itself was actually very clean and tidy, in and out. Fair bit of dust and clutter from the stripping off pipes from underneath the flooring but no graffiti, no vandalism.. Not a single sign of "outsiders". 
      Truly trapped in time with 1990's tech scattered, but nothing of worth, just old school things that required Ethernet and a few tapes and old floppy disks.
      For the most part it was quiet and things were calm, the main worry was watching for the missing floor panels and pesky motion sensors above a certain few doors. So I gather most office blocks like this are still protected (A company called 'clear way') which is kind of surprising considering how long it has been abandoned and I cannot find out anything to do with that buildings future. 
      Originally used as a primary headquarters for the department of work and pensions, handling data and dealing with data to do with peoples income and possibly entitlement of benefits, sits unused and had been abandoned between around 2002 but the exact time is yet to be known.
      It was being used through the 90's that's for sure with lift service sheets with the last service being 2002 and floppy disks and tapes dating through the 90's.
      It is unfortunate we could not see the whole building, as out of the three floors it had only the ground and second were explored. The lower ground floor proved to be a challenge as that's were the sensors really were, so we decided to leave it and head out quiet as a mouse. But not without having one last look at the glass atrium of course. 
      Over all this building is still somewhat a mystery and i'm fairly certain we are the only people to document this building, which is mad for me.
      This is my first real forum and I hope you enjoy the photos,
      Til the next one!
      "Take nothing but photos, leave nothing but footprints"
      1. scouting a way in

2. The atrium, looking straight through

5. This tells me they were short of funds.

7. The windows for the atrium

8. Lift mechanics

9. The lift motor and pulley system

10. Service history for the lift

11.  A letter (with buildings address) for evaluation of the one lift

12. Typical office corridors, minus the health and safety hazard

13. Vintage mounted desk with plug sockets built in

14. Huge computer room

15. Keys still left as they were since closure

16. Media storage units

16. Hand drawn schematics for lift dated 89

17. Lift room