Sign in to follow this  
HitGirl

Memory Lane Cottage Feb 2013

Visited with one non member

Hidden away in a country lane is this little gem full to the brim with personal treasures and memories.

I spent hours looking through stuff and reading old letters from the 1920's onwards

Some of the letters were so sad i shed a tear :(

IMG_6343.jpg

IMG_6331.jpg

IMG_6332.jpg

redone2.jpg

IMG_6350.jpg

passportedit.jpg

IMG_6362.jpg

IMG_6361.jpg

redone1.jpg

It was a bit touch and go in some places Wevsky, Its very unstable, I dont think it will last for much longer :( xx

I normally end up going thru floors..atleast you didnt have that to worry about being a cottage ;)

Have you heard of bribery SK? :D

Lolz

I was like a kid in a candy shop SK

It an amazing place :) Best explore yet

Its just one of those places that takes you back in time for a brief moment and thats what makes it both special and sad :thumb

Lovely, a truly outstanding find, bet you couldn't believe your luck, thank you for sharing, and as Sk said I too could spend all day just meandering through and absorbing a lifetimes history :)

:thumb

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By RossWAdventures
      I've code named this place as Meadows Cottage. This place is a hidden time capsule, with diaries and newspapers from as early as the 1940's. The most recent items had dates around the 1980's so it's hard to say how long this place has even been abandoned for. I actually explored this place back in May but have not yet shared it to the forum so here it is. 

So this place i understand was owned by a old lady named Mrs Banning, unfortunately when she past away this was past to her nephew that lived in Isle of Man. He had no care or need for the building or his aunties items inside.. it's since become left to decay and nature reclaimed the building and its surrounding area. With the recent sale of the building the new owners plan to demolish and rebuild on the land.. but this is said to currently be on hold due to bats, now taking residency in the cottage.

It was obvious the surrounding garden that was once overgrown around the cottage was recently cut back, making for a easy access. I was very surprised to find what we did inside just left and forgotten. Here's some pictures form the explore followed by the Video of the explore.

Here's the Video i made from the explore:

• By Stussy

Slowly catching up on my reports.

This lovely little place situated in the Grampian area of Scotland. I spotted this one on google maps and went for a look, parking up at the nearest point I could which would not attract any attention, this resulted in me having to walk over 3 fields over a stream and strangely into a new plantation of Holly Trees which surrounded this lovely little place.

Not much too it, but you can decide for yourselves.

Thanks for looking!
    • By Stussy
      This quick selection of pics is from a recent trip into the mountains near where I live to visit some lovely cottages.  These locations are all within close proximity to each other so makes for a nice day out.

First stop was an old school, which was half converted into a house, but never quite got finished and sits quietly at the side of the road.

Next up, a good few minutes walk away was this old cottage which was well set off the road, but sadly very negligated, so much so it was filled with sheep shit half way up the door, but what a view!

The Straw Cottage, lying quietly down a old foresty road, ground floor was full to the ceiling with straw bales, but the first floor held some nice pieces of furniture.

The last stop just up the road in a very overgrown cottage, I thought it would be pretty rubbish, but I was pleasantly surprised!

So there you go four fairly average cottages, but all very lovely in their own way!

Thanks for looking!

• By Stussy

Lovely little location on a few hundred metres from each other.  The Farmhouse and the Cottage situated in rural Grampian, I found these on route to another location, didn't spend too long here as they were fairly empty but had some lovely little features and a bit of a surprise when I had a good look around the table inside the cottage!

The Cottage

The Farm

Thanks for taking the time to look!

• By Stussy

I haven't posted for a while, been pretty busy with Euro explores and finding new explores (more to come), but realised I hadn't posted this lovely little location from last year.

The pics are from my first visit and a couple visits with friends I took here.  The site is a very strange place, the images I am posting are from what I have called the main Cottage, a lovely hand built chapel (by the former resident)and the Garden Room.

Hope you enjoy this place as much as I do!

The Cottage.

The Chapel

The Garden Room

From my first visit.

Revisit

Thanks for looking!

Disclaimer

Oblivion State exists as an online forum to allow like minded individuals to share their experiences of Urban Exploration. We do not condone breaking and entering or other criminal activity and advise all members to read the FAQ articles about the forum and urban exploring in general. All posts are the responsibility of the original poster and all images remain copyright to the original photographer.

We would just like to thank

Forum user AndyK! from Behind Closed Doors for our rather excellent new logo.

All of our fantastic team of Moderators who volunteer their time to keep this place running smoothly.

All of our members for continuing to support Oblivion State by posting up the most awesome content. Thank you everyone!