Stussy

Recover you Memory Card

Ever had that day when you've driven 4 hours to shoot an amazing place, had a great explore and head home to find your memory card is empty??

Its happened to me a couple times, generally because I'm Scottish and a tight arse and only buy cheap memory cards!

There could be a solution and should be your first step when you get home.

I personally use Card Recovery it has saved me several times! Very simple to use, just plug it in and select the card and let it do its work, but the downside it costs around £25 for a licence.

There is a minor issue when using Raw format though, this programme converts .cr2 (Canon RAW) into .TIFF. Unsure why, but it doesnt affect the information stored in the file. I personally manually change the extension back to .cr2 and they work fine!

There are several free ones that can be used, but I haven't tried them myself but apparently work just as well.

MJM Photo Recovery

Image Recall

Smart Recovery

Hope this helps!

ive just re downloaded this software and it only recovered the last set of pics i took..the last version a tad older recovered about a years worth

Hey guys,

I made that mistake 2 days ago, i found a site called http://www.pandorarecovery.com/ its completely free it just relies on donations! it recovered over 600 pictures for me that i forgot i had even taken dating back to this time last year! it recovered my USB stick and my memory card! a really great site!

:D hope it helps!

Hey guys,

I made that mistake 2 days ago, i found a site called http://www.pandorarecovery.com/ its completely free it just relies on donations! it recovered over 600 pictures for me that i forgot i had even taken dating back to this time last year! it recovered my USB stick and my memory card! a really great site!

:D hope it helps!

sooo glad you got them back :)