Sign in to follow this  
skankypants

UK Shropshire house.... 2013

My first post on here,so hope i dont mess it up,,,here are a couple of pics of a place i found yesturday in Shropshire....fully boarded from the inside,so no shots of internals unfortunatly...think it would be a belter though...

muchwenlockhouse023_zps2afbcefc.jpg

muchwenlockhouse020_zps3d142a8b.jpg

muchwenlockhouse019_zpsc04be0d8.jpg

muchwenlockhouse014_zps309a9687.jpg

muchwenlockhouse012_zpsa1a489fc.jpg

muchwenlockhouse009_zps0185d16f.jpg

Hope this works...... ;)

Great first post buddy and links are working fine :thumb

Will just put at least a year in the title for you as helps with admin on the forum :D

Love these old houses you just never know what you going to find in them .

Thanks for sharing & any thing i can help with just shout :beer:

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By UrbanLurking
      Explored here a couple of weeks ago seems a bit destroyed now which is a shame bet it was a decent explore at one point. 
      A bit of history,
      Royal Army Ordnance Corp (RAOC) Marchington, was built around 1957 and dealt with the supply and maintenance of weaponry and munitions and various other military equipment until 1993 when the Corp amalgamated with the Royal Logistics Corp. The site is now an industrial estate. It was also a Central Vehicle Depot during this time until the barracks closed in 1970, and the Territorial Army took over. Until it finally closed the site in the early 1980s. Marchington also housed the Armys fleet of Green Goddesses which came under the jurisdiction of the Office Of The Deputy Prime Minister (ODPM).The site is now an industrial estate. The Barracks lie bare and derelict and the married quaters have are all now private housing.

• By AndyK!
      The Station Hotel is a grand Victorian building situated in the heart of Ayr town centre. The hotel consists of 71 bedrooms, complete with en-suite bathrooms, plus a host of suits for functions and a cocktail lounge.

The hotel, which is attached to Ayr railway station, was originally opened by the Glasgow and South Western Railway in June 1866 and become part of the British Transport Hotels (BTH) at Nationalisation. It was sold by BTH in October 1951 and has changed ownership a number of times, having been owned by Stakis Hotels, Quality, and Swallow Hotels.

The Station Hotel is currently the oldest and most famous hotel in Ayr. The hotel has retained almost all of its original features inside and out. The hotel started to turn away customers in 2014 and closed around 2015. After suffering neglect for some time beforehand, the building is now deteriorating; the railway station have had to take action to safeguard their customers from falling debris.

Visited with
      @SpiderMonkey

The car park is fenced off due to parts of the exterior falling off

Entrance and staircase

Reception

Lift and staircase on the first floor

Into the cocktail lounge....

The corridor leading to the next parts was suffering decay due to leaks in the roof

The Arran Suite...

Restaurant...

The restaurant's kitchen

Other public spaces around the hotel...

The Kyle Suite bar area

The Carrick Room 

The Kintyre Suite

And finally, the hotel rooms...

View of the decaying rear facade overlooking the railway station
    • By little_boy_explores
      Dobroyd mill

The history

Dobroyd Mills was built in 1829. A fine cloth manufacturer Dobroyd Ltd was founded at the mill in 1919. The mill closed in 1974, but was re-opened in 1976 under John Woodhead Ltd spinners. It currently houses several businesses including a classic car restoration firm and tea rooms. The future of Dobroyd Mills became a subject of debate when the current owners Z Hinchliffe began reducing the height of the chimney last year (2011). Concerned neighbours referred Dobroyd Mill to the English Heritage when the works began. But an inspector from  English Heritage decided the Mill was not suitable for the list of buildings of Special Architectural or Historic Interest.  Planning permission to knock down two sections on the northern end of the complex was granted by Kirklees Council last month (2012). The stone structures were deemed unsuitable for modern use.

The explore

The Mill resides in pleasant surroundings with parts rented to a few small businesses including a quaint tea room... doing some rather unorthodox rambling to the bemusement of nearby dog walkers we eventually arrived at the Mill.  The Mill sits on top of a stream and in it's surrounding offers some peace from modern living. The exterior is generally in good condition with little sign of vandalism... The Mill stretches over some 4.04 hectares and took just over an hour to explore. Theres a few original features scattered around including some pretty heavy duty scales ... eleswhere empty rooms which bizarrely looked like they had just received their annual spring clean. looks like 'Love 37' and 'CarrotBoy' have done a few jobs here too.  

The pics

• By UrbanLurking
      The care home 2018
      Not sure to much about this place, its been closed for around 4 years now and there is no damage on it whatsoever, ive been eyeing it up for around a year but never managed to gain access. But i struck a lucky one this week. Although what i did notice when i managed to gain entry was that none of the windows where smashed, but all the windows bar the upper level where boarded so no one could look in. So right were in, the first room was the kitchen, we noticed a infer red camera in the corner, then a slight beeping noise? We shit it and get out at this point we was taking no for an answer, we headed into a little forest nearby were we could see the front door and check if SECCA or police came we waited for about 35mins and nothing came then  we discussed the options over a ice cold pint. so we did some googling and heading back, we came to the kitchen again, dodged the sensors and got to the front door where the main alarm system was, nothing happened this time no sensors no nothing? odd? we carried on strolling round after about 4/5 rooms the slight beeping noise came back on, then off, 20mins later back on? Not a clue we ignored it. we strolled round, some rooms had things moved, thrown about etc, so people had defiantly been in without a doubt. This place was cool. Things remained in places, i like that. But some rooms had a really strange feeling about them. after around 40 minutes in there, we seen about 40% maybe abit more, We decided to head out something felt weird like we didn't belong there. We got out and went back to the forest to check if secca arrived, 15 minutes later a van pulled up, it was secca. He didn't see us, but we could see him. He sat there 5/6 minutes, but for some reason did not check the building? Strange.. ... Until next time peoples. I'm not finished with this place. I shall be heading back to finish what i started. Enjoy the pics! 

• By Britain's Decays
      Last year we tried to get in Scarborough sports centre but they have seriously locked that place up tight, nothing on the roof, no tunnels or anything.So we just made a short video of the outside. Today I went back with the newest member of our URBEX team, the drone and got some higher up shots. Here are the photos from the drone...