skeleton key

Iconic Dick Willows cider shop closing ! WHAT

Have just become aware of some bloody horrible news via Glenn Bruce on FaceBook and linked to his thread on 28 regarding the Iconic Dick Willows cider shop closing.

Will the Wiltshire weekends in the mine party's ever be the same :cry:

After careful consideration, we have taken the decision to leave the

premises on Box Road from the end of March. It seems an appropriate moment to restructure and focus on our core business - making cider!

We would like to thank all our wonderful customers who have supported us through the past four years.

The barn will still be open to the public and some of the existing businesses will continue to operate from the building, including Kellyann Bespoke

Picture Framing, Blooms Florist and the Walk of Curiosity (antiques and collectables, bygones and curios).

For the time being you will be able to find Dick Willows at the weekly Bath Farmers Market, Green Park Station, Saturdays from 9.30am. You can continue to keep in touch with us via Facebook...or if you drop us a quick email to info@dickwillows.com we can add you to our mailing list and keep you up to date with all our cider news. All other contact information at http://www.dickwillows.com.

You can rest assured, we will continue to make great cider, we hope to be in the running again this year for the Bristol Good Food Awards best cider, we will be at the Bath Farmer's Market every Saturday, the Dick Willows Cider Bar will be popping up at private and community events throughout the year, and we may well put on some events in the future. So we're not going away! x

Shit am gutted :sad2:

Guest Scattergun

I am a cider drinker, I drinks it all of the day. I am a cider drinker, it soothes all me troubles away. OOH ARR OOH ARR AEH!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Dubbed Navigator
      A lot of effort has been made to improve this site over the last 6 months, however this is a question I don't believe has been asked.
      What would you like to see on OS?
      There are a few things in the pipeline currently, but it would be good for us to get a picture of what our members want to see.
    • By Ninja Kitten
      Explored...laughed...spiked...and battered with my besty Perjury Saint..
      beep beeep beep!! its 4am time to splore!! a text comes through "" OI T**T get up! Time to coffin Dodge!" x .........
      We have both looked at this one for a year or more and ummed and arrged at it...a 50 ft wall surrounds it...rotating razor wire on every access point..spikes topping all the walls...major drops..plus on the doorstop of an extremly busy area..but neither of us were going to settle until be gave her a really good bash.. after negotiating the wall we slowly tiptoed across a very snowy slippery ledge with a " dont look down " drop and hay prestow...its coffin time!
      you either look at it and do it... or just walk away,,,today the was no walking away..
      Inside needless to say it was incredible completly fasinating...it was pitch black when we got in and to be confronted with two coffins was rather spooky to say the least... the history is just amazing with coffins being made here for Lady Diana and sir winston Churchill....
      This explore was just brilliant with fab company as always..cheers Tink!
      On with the Pics...

And after all that sploring my keeper watches over me while i sleep.......

• By he who must rome
      A day out smootchin and what's this place i pass many times and never seen until today !!!!!, a repair shop for steam trains....... nice place but I can not give any history on this place or about trains (not my subject sorry), never the less they were very helpful so on with the pics...

hope you liked, ill try and go again some time and get some worthy history about each chooo chooooooo all i know is some are from poland (rescued) and one in re build stage from america also some were used in ww2.....
    • By WildBoyz

“As fresh as they get. Vegetables harvested from neighbouring fields and sold in a traditional road side market style. If you are travelling north, through the Kapiti Coast, pop in to sample their seasonal faire.”

Sang Sue Limited was a Chinese owned ‘acknowledged expert’ in the fruit and vegetable business. Although there are many other fruit and vegetable suppliers in the Kapiti coastal region, Sang Sue’s was known for its exceptionally fresh produce. In addition to the naturally grown products sold at the premises, Sue also supplied freshly baked bread from a small onsite craft bakery, because ‘good bread is one of the great pleasures of the table’, and beer, spirits, wine and cider sourced from boutique breweries around Kapiti. The cellar was described as being ‘well-stocked’, and the team of liquor sellers were very knowledgeable and passionate about their fully licenced goods. The small business boasted that it sold nearly 800 different subcategories in food and drink; some of these included fresh produce, dried and dehydrated fruits, mayonnaise and salads, delicatessens, cheese and cheese products, and food products machinery. Unfortunately, despite its success, back in 2015 the New Zealand Transport Agency acquired the business and closed it to make way for the MacKays to Peka Peka expressway; an 18 km four lane project that will cost the government $630 million. 

Our Version of Events

Leaving Wellington early-ish, in an effort to reach a town called Bulls, we decided to have a quick break at a random fruit and vegetable suppliers that appeared to be abandoned. Hoping there might be some sort of home brew leftover we decided to investigate. Upon closer inspection it was obvious that the shop itself was fully stripped of anything interesting, so we decided to head around the back. We didn’t expect to find an awful lot around there, but experience has told us to always check the entire outside perimeter of a site; you never know what might be lurking. 

Bypassing the guard dog warning sign, and a very large barbed wire fence and gate, we crawled through some extremely thorny bushes instead – because that seemed like the least painful option at the time. As we emerged through the sharp barbs, dead branches, and from beneath a large truck trailer that had become part of the bush, we were expecting to find an overgrown back garden; maybe, we surmised, it would have had an old algae-filled pond or something. We soon discovered our assumptions had been incorrect, however, as we found ourselves stood inside a bizarre vehicle graveyard of some sort. There was an array of vehicles: cars, quad-bikes, tractors, trucks and vans. It was quite clear that some had been there for a long time as the ground was steadily absorbing some, and foliage had consumed others; one, which was completely sealed, even had a bush growing inside it. Much more satisfied with our find at this point, we decided to hang around for twenty minutes to grab a few shots. After that, we left. Jobs a goodun’.

Explored with Nillskill and Bane. 
      Sang Sue's Place
      1: Sang Sue Fruit and Vegetable Shop

2: A Quick Look Inside

3: Sue's House

4: Sue's Bed

5: Sue's Shed

6: Sue's Indoor Garden

7: Sue's Little Runaround Buggy

8: Sue's Other Indoor Garden

9: Sue's Storage Warehouse

10: Sue's Machinery

11: Sue's Till

Sue's Vehicle Collection
      12: Fork Lifts

13: Quad-bike

14: Standard Van

15: A Bigger Van

16: Tractors

17: Digger

18: A Bigger Digger

19: Farm Equipment

20: Sue's Fleet 1

21: Sue's Fleet 2

22: Sue's Fleet 3

23: Sue's Fleet 4 and Car With a Bush Inside

24: The Beast

25: Sue Has a Dark Side

• By Paulpowers
      After an early start with work I was looking for somewhere to go for a nap so I headed to the local supermarket to hide in the carpark and get 40 winks.
      The first thing I noticed as I pulled into tesco was a fence with "DANGEROUS BUILDING DO NOT ENTER" well this was like a red rag to a bull so I was straight in.
      Above ground was just a shell but around the side I had spotted a bricked up arch a hole big enough to scramble in, inside was a nice selection of tunnels and arches