Sign in to follow this  
Timster1973

Monastery "R" - 2013

Another abandoned Belgium jewel in the crown. Don't know the history on this place but the builders are in and caught us after about an hour or so. We asked nicely and they didn't seem bothered so we carried on. :D

Mainly wanted the chapel upstairs in #1 but the place was just like St Hilarius and absolutely huge. We probably could have spent an entire day here but we had a few others to do in the area and thought we should move along.

8471462921_2f16b5e670.jpg

8499044290_082ccefda7.jpg

8554232823_d0012897e3.jpg

8489948586_6cc549dd5f.jpg

8538236538_9505635259.jpg

8490292588_cc39a27ee3.jpg

8481182009_beaf6f3b33.jpg

8504975936_3e4b2555f8.jpg

Like a lot of the sets I've shared on here, a lot more are either on Flickr or still waiting to be processed.

Thanks for looking.

Oh this place was a pain in the arse for me..nice shots mate just reminds me how i couldnt get in at 4pm while workmen where scurrying about :(

Any chance of a crap report? All theses brilliant ones are getting boring now...

Not really dude... Keep em comin!! :)

I could probably post something crap if you like? I got a few early ones when I wasn't really using HDR to its best effect ;)

Thanks for all your comments though dudes :)

Tim

Another top report, you continue to amaze :P , I can't believe how laid back the majority of the people are out there, builders would send you packing over here or call the authorities, another great contribution Tim, thanks for sharing fella!

:thumb

Its really good to see this level of processing from you and many others on the forum

and if you guys keep it up are gonna give HDR a good name lol

Great shots bud and cheers for posting and sharing :thumb

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By TheBaronof Scotland
      first day of our trip for Euro Explore
      really interesting place

Cheers
      THE BARON
    • By AndyK!
      The Blue Chapel forms part of a monastery in Italy. The area above the altar is painted blue and the high level windows flood the space with light and create an amazing blue glow behind a suspended figure of Jesus on a cross.
      The chapel is beautiful. It is a large space with ornate decorations, and all the seats are still in place. Alcoves at either side contain figures of people in glass boxes.
      The rest of the monastery is quite stripped and decaying. There are a large number of rooms in the building which would have mainly been used as living quarters.
      Visited with @SpiderMonkey, @PROJ3CTM4YH3M and Kriegaffe9

• By Grunpfnul
      1#

2#

3#

4#

5#

6#

7#

8#

9#

10#

11#

12#

13#

14#

15#

• By MiaroDigital

• By thecrazyfool
      Another from the Europe trip in December. A quick early visit to this abandoned but clean monastery.
      Spent just over an hour here. The main highlight is definitely the church. Such a grand place but clean as well.
      Apart from the main church, didn't venture too far into the adjacent buildings as was strapped for time.
      Can't really find much information about this place.....
      Pictures:

Disclaimer

Oblivion State exists as an online forum to allow like minded individuals to share their experiences of Urban Exploration. We do not condone breaking and entering or other criminal activity and advise all members to read the FAQ articles about the forum and urban exploring in general. All posts are the responsibility of the original poster and all images remain copyright to the original photographer.

We would just like to thank

Forum user AndyK! from Behind Closed Doors for our rather excellent new logo.

All of our fantastic team of Moderators who volunteer their time to keep this place running smoothly.

All of our members for continuing to support Oblivion State by posting up the most awesome content. Thank you everyone!