Gigi

UK School O - Visited 2011 (several visits)

A superb place.. It is a school and features beautiful gardens, ruined church, derelict labs, art classroom, an old manor house, amphitheatre, canteen, swimming pool, music room. e.t.c It's got a lot!

I have been here many times now,(without permission haha) and have shot it professionally for a location library too, I am good friends with the caretaker and owner now so it's there to use if I need it.

It closed late 2000, due to lack of money. I believe the main house is listed but not sure of the other buildings. All in all, a huge variety and mixture, and a great place to explore.

thepool.jpg

2 - great room

IMG_9071.jpg

3 - school labs!

IMG_1941.jpg

4 - haha.. sorry

IMG_1904.jpg

IMG_1896.jpg

IMG_1763.jpg

IMG_9133.jpg

8 - Synagogue

IMG_9104.jpg

IMG_9082.jpg

10 - Those stairs.. wonderful

IMG_9069.jpg

11 - The overgrown office rooms

IMG_8420.jpg

12 - my friend Fraser

IMG_1873.jpg

13 - Retro TV

IMG_1823.jpg

14 - Squash court

IMG_1786.jpg

15 - my dad joined me on this trip.. He didn't keep very quiet! haha Monkey.

IMG_1766.jpg

16 - Shower rooms

IMG_1764.jpg

17c- Manor House/Blue toning

1-1.jpg

I have done several client shoots here too

• Like 1

Love the range of image work here Gigi, from selective DoF and wide open spaces to give us a sense of space. It's nice that the school has been relatively untouched by vandals or scrappers which is always nice. Good stuff indeed.

Oh wow, this is really impressive! Great shots!

Can't believe how much supplies there is left, top marks :thumb:thumb

Guest Scattergun

I've seen shots of this place before and these are right up there. Really cool looking place :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By SticksandDrones
      This is my first Urbex adventure. I recently moved to West Sussex and though I'd have a look around at some popular and easily accessible sites to explore. I stumbled upon Bedham Chapel and after some quick research, I found the location and travelled there. We drove down a single track road until spotted it in the woodland below us. We parked a few hundred metres further down the road and set out on foot to get there.

This is my video report that I captured and I apologise for the clickbaity title of the video and the fact that it's so weird it looks staged. But it really isn't! My girlfriends reaction to this is real and we were definitely creeped out by our find. If anyone has any idea of what this ceremony was about, please let me know!

Video Link

• By SILVERSKULL2004
      Explore

This was a fairly easy explore as these buildings are not as protected as the main college and the park relies on tourists to inform security about any vandals.
      The gymnasium was the hardest to get into as we had to avoid getting seen by any onlookers. So going at a later time of day would be advised.
      You should be cautious if you get further into the student centre as some of the doors looked to be alarmed.
      The classrooms are in the open and not surrounded by anything so you are likely to be spotted by security or tourists.
      We had a run in with security who were quite well mannered and laid back. All they said was that we were not to go near the building as it is a demolition site. 
      Explored with @little_boy_explores

History

Student Centre

I can't believe they left this in the open

Gymnasium

We didn't need to this door

Classrooms

• By UrbanLurking
      Stoke Hospital Morgue.
      Been closed a fair while now, been here 3 times and never been able to gain access to this part of it due to it being locked off and being caught by secca once! 

• By The Urban Collective
      The beautiful post-apocalyptic page field mill - Video Report