Stussy

Thinking of a new Tripod?

I'd love to find one that does it all, folds up teeny weeny enough to go in my rucksack, that's as light as a feather, yet big enough to do everything I need it to and strong enough to be thrown down into tunnels etc, does any such tripod exist ?

:o

I use this 1http://www.wexphotographic.com/buy-velbon-sherpa-450r-tripod-with-ph157q-head/p1000281, cant fault it, been dropped and chucked of scaffolding, in water mud.. You name it it has had it. But it is god damn heavy..

Think I am going to give one of these a go though http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250877448307&fromMakeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:watchlink:top:en

I'm a cheapskate basically, and I'm so clumsy I cringe taking my 10-20 lens out splorin. It's the only thing I have photography-wise of value.

As for treepods, I got this one, currently in Curry's for the princely sum of 25 quid if you order online and collect from store.

http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/cameras/accessories/tripods/velbon-df-51-tripod-21146565-pdt.html

9989029126_a761c79d16_m.jpg

Max height 152cm, folded height 58cm, weight 1.38kg. It's a tad heavy and not the most compact, but is sturdy and takes my heavy Rupert with no issues/instability.

I've had mine about 3/4 months, it doesn't slip on portrait and it's not broke despite it belonging to me :) Does what it says on the box and I've no complaints :)

Silverainbow have a look at the Velbon UT 43D ii its max Height is 156.5cm , folded up its only 29.5cm and best of all it's only 1.17kg , I was using the 34d for sometime with my D7000 with added battery grip and a sigma 10-20 and the tripod and ball head held solid with that kit , I loved it , but as I've just upgraded to a bigger camera and lens I'm looking at getting a stronger tripod because of the increased weight. the 43D still holds my new kit but it feels like it's right on the maximum limit of what it can hold safely and as my new kit cost quite a bit more I just don't want to risk it , but I got to say the 43D is a great tripod and I will miss it.

here's a link to it on ebay

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Velbon-UT-43D-II-Ultrek-Tripod-with-QHD-43D-Ball-Socket-Head-/261371976074?pt=UK_Tripods_Monopods&hash=item3cdafbd98a

Edited by Dmax

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Merryprankster
      i put this on 28 so thought id share on here aswell, someone was talking about the pains of climbing cranes with a tripod so thought id share my sling that ive knocked up, pretty practical and makes life easier climbing fences and stuff- if you can get hold of the lifting loops i've used...
      just cable tied a couple of carabiners to one of the legs and bobs your uncle

as you can see using four lifting loops as a sling means you can choke them together....

i lined the inside of that pipe lagging with an old belt and that's also come in handy with certain fences so i keep it on one of the tripod legs- if anyone asks its back padding :grin2:
    • By Maniac
      Then you can get your tickets tonight, before they officially go on sale tomorrow morning by clicking this link.
      http://www.seetickets.com/see/price.asp ... 92&userid={29DC6FE9-99C4-4E5F-826A-5E8CBFBF10C0}&filler1=see
      It works, a friend has just ordered using it. See tickets are just shit at keeping their website URLs off seach engines!
      Unfortunitely I'm not able to go this year due to work commitments, but if anyone else is thinking of going, this link will ensure you can order your ticket before the big rush tomorrow!
      Maniac.
    • By Ryda
      Hey, im currently lugging around some beast of a tripod. made by Cullmann, it does the job, but its big and its heavy.
      Does any one know of a cheapish, sturdy one that is a bit smaller, when i met everyone i noticed how much smaller their tripods are to mine so ive decided i need a change haha
      Just something that will extend big enough so i havent gotta get on my stomach to take the pic, but not too big that its annoying to carry around.
      annnndd thinking about it, if anyone knows of a good bag for camera, torch, tripod?
      Fankoooop

Disclaimer

Oblivion State exists as an online forum to allow like minded individuals to share their experiences of Urban Exploration. We do not condone breaking and entering or other criminal activity and advise all members to read the FAQ articles about the forum and urban exploring in general. All posts are the responsibility of the original poster and all images remain copyright to the original photographer.

We would just like to thank

Forum user AndyK! from Behind Closed Doors for our rather excellent new logo.

All of our fantastic team of Moderators who volunteer their time to keep this place running smoothly.

All of our members for continuing to support Oblivion State by posting up the most awesome content. Thank you everyone!