HitGirl

UK The Crumbling Cottage April 2013

We slipped upon this little beauty while heading back from another explore, and Im glad we stopped the car, It another little treasure that was full of someones belongings, The building was literally crumbling beneath our feet

IMG_6816.jpg

IMG_6817.jpg

IMG_6820.jpg

IMG_6825.jpg

IMG_6826.jpg

IMG_6829.jpg

IMG_6831.jpg

IMG_6832.jpg

IMG_6834.jpg

IMG_6836.jpg

• Like 1

lovely as always :D. like i always say, i love splores with little details everywhere you can sit and study for house :D, lovely =]

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By The Urban Collective
      Daresburyhall - Photographic report - Feb 2018

Daresbury Hall is a former Georgian country house in the village of Daresbury, Cheshire, England.
      It was built in 1759 for George Heron. the hall descended in the Heron family until 1850, when it became the property of Samuel Beckett Chadwick. By 1892 it had been acquired by Sir Gilbert Greenall, later Baron Daresbury.

During the Second World War, it was used as a military hospital and also by a charity, now known as Scope. It became semi-derelict after being bought by a millionaire who died before restoration could take place.
      In April 2015, a huge cannabis farm containing six hundred plants with an estimated street value of 750.000 was discovered at the estate.

In 2016 there were plans to partly demolish and convert the house but in June of that year
      the empty building was badly damaged by fire.

Unfortunately, during our visit, we were asked to leave the sight by security via a speaker system on the estate. We did, however, stick around for 20 mins until it went off again, to be honest,
      I'm not sure whether the system is automated and linked to motion sensors.

There is a lot of cameras on the sight too as shown the last pic.
      Any way we couldn't enter the property as it is completely sealed now with boards on all windows and doors etc except for a stable and a few dilapidated sheds.

We did the best we could in the situation we had.

Thanks for any feedback.

Pagefield mill - photographic report - Feb 2018 

I must admit guys this place is one of my favorite explores up to now, from researching the history to seeing just how dilapidated it has become. It truly was a marvel for the eyes.

Rylans mill or page field as it was later known, was built for Manchester's first millionaire John Rylands in 1866/7. The mill was later taken over by Wigan technological college and became known as Pagefield campus.

There have been numerous fires on the premises since its closure sadly destroying some of the remaining beauty of the place, but also creating a different kind at the same time.

There was also a network of bunkers below the mill which had unfortunately been sealed off due to the danger to the local youth.

Any feedback greatly appreciated thanks.

Hope the photo file sizes are good as I had to reduce them due to the cap.

Brockmill first began operations around the mid-1700s and further expanded when the Earl of Balcarres bought the mill and built a furnace at Haigh foundry half a mile downstream.

The two sights prospered building large steam cylinders and fire engines also building the first locomotive for Lancashire, and plenty more to follow.

Later the mill expanded into brick and textile making, however, the works closed in 1885 more recently the mill was used for the production of herbal medicine

Unfortunately, i  found no date as to when production stopped
      I'm sure you'll agree though guy's it's a wonderful explore in a serene location.

Hey, guys here's a link to my Urban Exploration photographic and video portfolio!
      I will be uploading regularly across the web and would like to become an active member of this community.
      Thanks for any feedback guys!

Take care.

https://clarky15031.wixsite.com/theurbancollective
    • By -Raz-
      After finding ourselves in a live swimming baths in Birmingham we had a short trip to West Brom to have a look at this place which from the outside doesn't look too big but once inside its huge, loads of interesting stuff!
      Visited with @hamtagger & @Fatpanda

Cheers for looking