Sign in to follow this  
Temple

Wire wool spinning in Dover.

Nice one, never tried the wool spinning myself, will have to give it a go! :thumb

Doesn't seem to last long before it burns out?

Never tried myself either..does look good in the odd shot tho i must admit..thats a lot of candles to pick bacj up again theres many steps in there :)

There were a lot Wevs! Some other s***s just left their rubbish and their candles behind!

Nice to see theres some decent people about who pick up after them selfes..some may say why bother but if everyone thought like that the place would be a tip,no road sweapers employed for them parts lol

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Wevsky
      This was yet another revisit ,but this time i actually spent some time and got some half decent shots,and Obs let me play with the fisheye..Not a huge amount of pics for a change..
      Visited with SpaceInvader Obscurity and Stealth..Very nearly ended thigh high in water in what looked like a solid container,turns out it was full of water and crap so a wet foot was a lucky escape.....There is a Motorhome type of affair on site and entry to access is a tad on the dodgy side. and at one point end of the evening Legs had to be done from a nice shiney police car heading for where we had just rapidly left.
      bit of history from tut net
      Fire brigade plans of the 1970s name these 'D.O.E Tunnels', and they were at the time at the rear of the Dover Storage Company, in Limekiln Street. This area now forms a shipping company's yard. The tunnels themselves probably date back to the early 19th Century, but must have been worked over a period of years, and are just East of the Oil Mill Caves. There is evidence of use throughout the years, including use as air raid shelters during WW2, and a stairway seemingly built during this time links the tunnels to the main train tunnel nearby. A large portion at the rear of the tunnel has suffered a severe roof fall at both ends of a tunnel intersecting the main chamber. The brickwork in the main section is impressive and remains in good condition.
      Some pictors.

Thanks for looking.
    • By silverainbow
      This shelter is at the site of Fan Bay Battery a WWII site originally comprising 3 x 6" guns with associated magazines, shelters, Plotting room, Admin and accomodation areas. Today only traces of the gun pits can be found underneath the undergrowth and all surface buildings have been demolished.
      How ever there are still extensive underground remains to be found at the site, the largest of which is the deep shelter, This was constructed in 1941 by No.172 Tunneling Coy Royal Engineers, it is still accessible as are the magazines.
      Visited with Dan H (Non Member) so on with a few Pics, Firstly the one of the Magazines

And now the deep shelter which in my Opinion is still more than worth a visit

Thats all Folks
    • By silverainbow
      This is another one of those that Ive been meaning to do for a while and despite having been in the Drop Postern a couple of times I never took any pics, well until now , Theres a massive amount of history about the general area and fortifications that surround it here
      http://www.subterraneanhistory.co.uk/20 ... dover.html
      Visited with Porky Porkster, The Chop Explorer
      A few Pics ;
      Drop First
      Looking down the staircase

At the Bottom

Hospital Next
      Bit of a squeeze this

Looking back up

These Extremely well preserved doors at the bottom

A few exterior shots

Porkster doing er, I dont know really

And some random car bits rotting away in the elements

All in all a very relaxed mooch, Thanks to Pork Chop for showing me where Hospital Postern was

• By silverainbow
      Ive been dying to get in here for ages, Ive heard so much about the place, seen so many pictures and read so much history, I thought Id never get the opportunity so when I heard that EH were doing tours I though Id dip into my pocket and "Go See", History more than covered by Fortknox and Frosty in their bloody marvelous report ,http://www.oblivionstate.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1925&p=13950&hilit=Dumpy#p13950 , my pics dont do it justice I hate using flash specially when Im surround by 24 other people, so here goes

Thanks for viewing Guys
    • By silverainbow
      Hello one n all, this has been eluding me for some time and every time in the past Ive attempted it either the tide has been in or I havent been able to get up there due to the entrance being 30ft up in the cliff, So having conquered it heres some history and a few pics !
      The beach at St Margaret's was seen as a possible landing place for an invasion fleet, so was well defended during the war and old photographs show barbed wire entanglements and a pillbox and this tunnel system still remains. It was also a crucial point as the powerful gun batteries were located close by, and would have been a target for sabotage. The tunnel appears to have been dug to allow guns to be placed in rooms cut into the cliff face, to cover the beach. The original entrance to this tunnel, located at the end of the esplanade, is now sealed and the only access is a rope up to the machine gun post in the cliff face. Inside, conditions are good and the majority of the tunnel is lined with tin on the roof and supported by bricks. Parts of the tunnel which are unlined still appear to be sound, although steps lead up to a second room, which has been lost due to erosion
      Explored with my Partner in cryme Dan and so on with some pics

Looking back at the way in

The original now sealed entrance, Thanks for looking !