Sign in to follow this  
Temple

Wire wool spinning in Dover.

Nice one, never tried the wool spinning myself, will have to give it a go! :thumb

Doesn't seem to last long before it burns out?

Never tried myself either..does look good in the odd shot tho i must admit..thats a lot of candles to pick bacj up again theres many steps in there :)

There were a lot Wevs! Some other s***s just left their rubbish and their candles behind!

Nice to see theres some decent people about who pick up after them selfes..some may say why bother but if everyone thought like that the place would be a tip,no road sweapers employed for them parts lol

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By chambre
      This jewel is situated in the middle of a small Italian town. We had a very early start which paid off...
      Pictures where taken in 2014...
      Enjoy!

For fashion victims: Ger more here=> http://www.industriesafari.de/Viewer/Knitwear14/index.html
    • By mookster

I don't think this place has had widespread exposure even on American explore sites before, it's kind of in an area which is often overlooked as far as explores go with almost nobody local on the scene.
      Titchener's is a large iron works company still operational in upstate New York to this day, they make large scale metal items such as staircases, railings and ornamental architectural items. However they also had a factory which was responsible for pioneering the glued-together staples we know today, operational from 1880 to 2005 when it closed down. They not only made staples, their various wire products were used in cash registers, computers, hospitals, in clean room manufacturing areas, on equipment used by the US military and, most obscure of all, to hang chickens by their feet on automated plucking lines.
      Around a third of the factory has been demolished but the remaining sections have been left to rot and decay. It turned out to be a lot nicer inside than I thought it would be initially, and is quite an interesting place to photograph. After closure, a lot of the old staple-manufacturing machinery was donated to a technology museum as well as boxes of old records and catalogues found inside.

Thanks for looking, more here https://www.flickr.com/photos/mookie427/albums/72157657384615684

• By Stussy
      Still miles behind in posting some reports up, but this was from an small trip to Engerlandshire and Welsheepshugger land between Xmas and New Year. First stop of this particular cold morning was one of two mills I visited. The first is known as Tweed Mill, and access is not the easiest, but a bit of decent balance and no stopping half way over its simple enough for what is a bit of a gem of a little mill. Ever since I first saw this place appear on the forums a few years ago, I knew it was right up my street, lots of nice natural decay, and plenty of bits left behind to see!!

The second mill, only a mile up the road, was jam packed with machines, making it a bit harder to get the images I wanted, but did my best, known as the Wool Mill.

Many thanks for looking, as always, click the pics if you want to see more or visit my Flickr
    • By Andy
      A partially strange decorated abandoned factory for wire.

Disclaimer

Oblivion State exists as an online forum to allow like minded individuals to share their experiences of Urban Exploration. We do not condone breaking and entering or other criminal activity and advise all members to read the FAQ articles about the forum and urban exploring in general. All posts are the responsibility of the original poster and all images remain copyright to the original photographer.

We would just like to thank

Forum user AndyK! from Behind Closed Doors for our rather excellent new logo.

All of our fantastic team of Moderators who volunteer their time to keep this place running smoothly.

All of our members for continuing to support Oblivion State by posting up the most awesome content. Thank you everyone!