Sign in to follow this  
Ninja Kitten

UK A day out at School...2012

Every now and again i hear this nag."mum..mum..when can you take me sploring,,,something fun like a school..a swimming pool and a place with loads to look at...."not much to ask really! ...a quick call to my bestey PS and wer in the car ... an hour or so later and we pull up...may as well teach them the tricks of the trade while their young hay:) A fantastic splore as always with PS and a young Nitro Ninja..

Looks like the headmasters out for the day....its splore time !

• Like 1

Brilliant, lovely pics as usuall! My kids just aren't interested in what we do, they think im a little mad, you are very lucky :D

Guest Scattergun

Haha, this is brilliant! You didn't leave him there did you? :o Those old gas taps take me right back, although I'm a little alarmed by the radioactive material in a school..

Great set of pics NK, looks a really good family adventure! Wouldnt mind a nosey round here myself :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Lenston
      Visited with The Kwan on a rainy Saturday, some lovely bits left in the area and we missed quite a bit so theres always an excuse for a return visit.
      Some History
      The name Ratgoed derives from “Yr Allt Goed”, which means the steep, wooded hillside. Ratgoed mine was also sometimes known as “Alltgoed”. The Ratgoed slate workings lie at the head of what was originally called Cwm Ceiswyr but became known as Cwm Ratgoed because of the quarry. It lies north of Aberllefenni and northwest of Corris in, what is now, the Dyfi Forest.
      The slate that was quarried at Ratgoed was the Narrow Vein. This runs from south of Tywyn, on the coast, to Dinas Mawddwy about 18 miles inland and follows the line of the Bala Fault. The Narrow Vein was worked along its length at places such as Bryneglwys near Abergynolwyn; Gaewern & Braich Goch at Corris, Foel Grochan at Aberllefenni and Minllyn at Dinas Mawddwy. The slate at Ratgoed dips at 70° to the southeast, the same as Foel Grochan.
      Ratgoed was a relatively small working, it was worked from around 1840 until its closure in 1946.

Le Kwan

Thanks for looking
    • By The Urban Collective
      Taxal Lodge - Photographic Report - 2018

#TaxelLodge Photographic Report - 11th March 2018 Built-in 1904 Taxal Lodge was once the home of Lt. Col. H. Ramsden Jodrell, Who passed away in 1950.
      The home became a Special School, for disruptive and emotionally disturbed kids that lived on site 5 days a week. It replaced an older Taxal Lodge that originally stood further up the valley. 

Over the years there have been various reports of abuse within the school and a lot of visitors and students claim that the lodge is haunted. 
      Once the plug was pulled by the authorities the school was closed in 2005. Since its closure, the lodge fell victim to vandals & arson.

Now other nature has now begun to stake her claim... 

The Urban Collective 
      We Film It...

• By sj9966
      Some pics from this once excellent, now demolished morgue that was part of the Harold Wood Hospital in Essex.
      Not too many locations like this in the UK at present, few and far between!
      Visited in July 2011.