Timster1973

Great new format

Guest Scattergun

You've done well guys. It's a thank you fae me too for the insane amount of work you guys have put into the new forum :D It's looking great and I'm looking forward to being a part of it!

Guest Captain Slow

Another +1 on the like bus for the new look, cant knock the old one though as it was from 2008! Its also good to see things are picking up on here and reports & posts being made.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By slayaaaa

Intro
      I was up Norfolk/Suffolk for a few days and had a few visits planned, nothing went as it should and ended up feeling a bit rubbish. I needed somewhere I could sit on top of and relax for a bit. I found this and was incredibly glad I did. Sometimes you don't need to travel far to find what you're looking for.
      All fisheye, a bit gritty and a bit crap, but it was fun. Enjoy.
      History, present and future

Then it was refurbished...
      ...Sort of
      http://www.edp24.co.uk/news/railway_bridge_footpath_reopens_as_630_000_refurbishment_of_vauxhall_bridge_in_great_yarmouth_is_completed_1_2819542
      £630,000 and they only half finished it?
      The rotting side is slowly falling into further disrepair and you get the feeling it's loosing hope, It shouldn't be red, it never was originally and it doesn't look original or as characteristic as the black side. Shame, Hopefully it'll all be done up and they'll finish the job before it's too far gone falls into the Yare.
      The visit and pictures
      So it was one of those weeks

Had a crappy few visits that didn't go as planned and didn't quite feel too brilliant

I'd had a day of fails and then missed the train I was intending to catch

After many wanders I'd found my way back and took a rest, I couldn't relax and needed to get up somewhere

Google came to the rescue and then there I was

I needed to get to this, at least do something and then there I was, in the end the trip wasn't wasted

It had a lot of character and it was a great night, dark skies highlighted with clouds and a pretty strong wind blew the bridge sideways

I was in and it felt relaxed, again you sit up somewhere and it's all the same, big rush, then you chill at the top, the pictures are always different but every time you climb down, you want to be back up again

The thing swayed like anything but that added to it

It had character and for some reason it just felt good to be there

It wasn't even high, it was just fun, like a climbing frame that had been neglected, waiting for some numpty like me to sit on it

Even better, the public wandered below me oblivious, to be fair, I was oblivious to them

It was just silent

The fresh air cleared my head but the wind was as if you were even higher up

I clambered down and casually crossed back over on the public section right passed the locals

Then I got to the point where you look back for one more look and then onto the next

No tripod, No light but luckily I had a bit of time and bridge

The images don't show it as it's best but that's not the reason I climbed it

It was fun

And it was windy
      I hope you enjoyed!
      Cheers

• By Landie_Man
      And so concludes my back posting, I may dig out the odd one. Note I did not put on an archive note in the title as this is too recent, the others from early 2013 have one
      So this is cropping up all over the net now, I went with a mate who kindly drove.
      Not much history on it, looks to have been derelict for years, but its a lovely little splore. Also, I wouldn't try and get on the roof. I got half way up the ladder but went down again/. Its missing 2 mounting points, and the one its on is nice and solid, but I am not sure about the bolts holding the ladder to it, hence my swift retreat.
      All external metal work has suffered some rot, so I would stay inside if I were you!

Dodgy ladder and rotten roof, I would suggest leaving this ladder be.

Some lovely views
      More at:
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/landie_man/sets/72157634162265353/
    • By Rik
      Hi folks
      Here is my first post, any feedback appreciated, went for a walk in the woods, and stumbled across this Water Tower and Pumping Station (I think its a pumping station had signs all over it DANGER DEEP WELL and was locked unfortunately but grabbed a couple of shots from inside the door had to have a bit of a nose around in the water tower and would have loved to have climbed the external ladder, but thought I would give it a miss as I was on my own!
      Apologies for the quality of the photographs, taken on a mobile phone until I get a real camera
      Its the posting that counts though right
      All got to start somewhere

Good job I didn't have a fried breakfast that day, squeezed through ok

Danger Deep Well sign, I presume this is a kind of pumping station?

Couldn't get in this building unfortunately

Looks like a concentration camp!

Danger Deep Well (apparently)

We're in! Bit of a squeeze!

First Floor

2nd floor staircase

Access to the roof

No idea what this is, answers on a postcard please!

Next visit I will climb this to the penthouse roof! Would be some stunning views

Keg of Beer? No unfortunately

Way in and out

Danger High Voltage?

Workshop on the ground floor apologies for quality it was dark.

Fusebox?

Anyone we know?

They were right, next stop was up the external ladder to the roof!

A peek through the door into the pumping station/deep well.
      Thanks for looking and hope to bag something a bit bigger and interesting next explore and with a decent camera
    • By Doug
      Twice Under is a classic 1988 B-grade movie about a murderer killing people in the drains.
      It’s well worth a look if you are into that kind of thing

• By Wevsky
      Right not much i can say about this tunnel it has some war time graphiti so im assuming it was used as a shelter or was used by ww2 personel .The tunnel it self is self has brick lined and unlined sections leading down the well,it goes up a fair way to what looks like a wooden cap at the top and the sound of generators can be heard,someone said they thought dumpy was above the shaft but we really dont know! right not many pics as it is just a tunnel leading to the well shaft!
      Right starting from the well shaft itself and walking back to entrance heres the few pics i got,special thx to frosty for leaning over the shaft with my camera to get the pics and also for the cave spider shot!

And one of frostys spider..im calling him egor:)

Right after that i did a return trip to st margarets so frosty obs and knox could get up the rope where the beach level is even higher pretty soon you wont need to climb atall!

Disclaimer

Oblivion State exists as an online forum to allow like minded individuals to share their experiences of Urban Exploration. We do not condone breaking and entering or other criminal activity and advise all members to read the FAQ articles about the forum and urban exploring in general. All posts are the responsibility of the original poster and all images remain copyright to the original photographer.

We would just like to thank

Forum user AndyK! from Behind Closed Doors for our rather excellent new logo.

All of our fantastic team of Moderators who volunteer their time to keep this place running smoothly.

All of our members for continuing to support Oblivion State by posting up the most awesome content. Thank you everyone!