klempner69

The Billy Banks Estate,Penarth rear Cardiff..visited 2012

I really enjoyed this explore wandering around this wonderful example of 60`s Social Housing,and it even won an award according to the history.

All demolished as of the end of 2012..

P1070915-M.jpg

P1070901-M.jpg

P1070902-M.jpg

P1070897-M.jpg

And that was the late Billy Banks

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By chambre
      Some old stuff from 2010 - a pressing plant somewhere in Germany

A few more here: www.industriesafari.de
    • By klempner69
      To some,this will be quite bland as an explore,but for me,my job involves working in and around social housing schemes,and when I heard about Billy Banks,I had to see it.
      This estate was an award winning project in the early 60`s,but in the late 80`s began to decline,and by 2002,most of the residents left leaving a few private owners to fight a compulsory purchase battle with the council.The last resident moved out in November 2011.We visited March 3rd 2012 and the following weeks,the estate was ring fenced and by July was demolished.

I think you get the picture ok..the setting actually isnt bad at all..this estate sits atop a hill overlooking Cardiff Bay,so I would imagine the new developers will charge top whack for any new builds having this view.
      Thanks for looking.

Disclaimer

Oblivion State exists as an online forum to allow like minded individuals to share their experiences of Urban Exploration. We do not condone breaking and entering or other criminal activity and advise all members to read the FAQ articles about the forum and urban exploring in general. All posts are the responsibility of the original poster and all images remain copyright to the original photographer.

We would just like to thank

Forum user AndyK! from Behind Closed Doors for our rather excellent new logo.

All of our fantastic team of Moderators who volunteer their time to keep this place running smoothly.

All of our members for continuing to support Oblivion State by posting up the most awesome content. Thank you everyone!