Lillesden School for girls visited 2012

One of my favourite places I've ever been, except for the sorry state it's now in.

Back in 2009 they did start working on it, it didn't last for long. It was for sale a while back for 1.25 million, don't think it sold thou.

Guest Scattergun

Loved the look of this, nice one mate. The domed ceiling and mirrors were real nice :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Ghost-Scooter
      In January I visited this abandoned part of a hospital that is still in use. Unfortunately most of the rooms were almost cleared - but nevertheless worth to be shown.
      DSC09857-Bearbeitet-Bearbeitet by Ghost-Scooter, auf Flickr
      DSC09858-Bearbeitet-Bearbeitet by Ghost-Scooter, auf Flickr
      DSC09861-Bearbeitet-Bearbeitet-Bearbeitet by Ghost-Scooter, auf Flickr
      DSC09856-Bearbeitet-Bearbeitet by Ghost-Scooter, auf Flickr
      DSC09832-Bearbeitet-Bearbeitet by Ghost-Scooter, auf Flickr
      DSC09833-Bearbeitet-Bearbeitet by Ghost-Scooter, auf Flickr
      DSC09830-Bearbeitet-Bearbeitet by Ghost-Scooter, auf Flickr
      DSC09862-Bearbeitet-Bearbeitet by Ghost-Scooter, auf Flickr
      DSC09835-Bearbeitet-Bearbeitet by Ghost-Scooter, auf Flickr
      DSC09836-Bearbeitet by Ghost-Scooter, auf Flickr
      DSC09828-Bearbeitet-Bearbeitet by Ghost-Scooter, auf Flickr
      DSC09829-Bearbeitet-Bearbeitet by Ghost-Scooter, auf Flickr
      DSC09838-Bearbeitet-Bearbeitet by Ghost-Scooter, auf Flickr
      DSC09841-Bearbeitet-Bearbeitet by Ghost-Scooter, auf Flickr
      DSC09844-Bearbeitet-Bearbeitet by Ghost-Scooter, auf Flickr
      DSC09846-Bearbeitet-Bearbeitet by Ghost-Scooter, auf Flickr
      DSC09850-Bearbeitet-Bearbeitet by Ghost-Scooter, auf Flickr
      DSC09847-Bearbeitet-Bearbeitet by Ghost-Scooter, auf Flickr
      DSC09848-Bearbeitet-Bearbeitet by Ghost-Scooter, auf Flickr
      DSC09851-Bearbeitet-Bearbeitet by Ghost-Scooter, auf Flickr
      DSC09854-Bearbeitet-Bearbeitet by Ghost-Scooter, auf Flickr
      DSC09852-Bearbeitet-Bearbeitet by Ghost-Scooter, auf Flickr
    • By The Urban Collective
      Taxal Lodge - Photographic Report - 2018

#TaxelLodge Photographic Report - 11th March 2018 Built-in 1904 Taxal Lodge was once the home of Lt. Col. H. Ramsden Jodrell, Who passed away in 1950.
      The home became a Special School, for disruptive and emotionally disturbed kids that lived on site 5 days a week. It replaced an older Taxal Lodge that originally stood further up the valley. 

Over the years there have been various reports of abuse within the school and a lot of visitors and students claim that the lodge is haunted. 
      Once the plug was pulled by the authorities the school was closed in 2005. Since its closure, the lodge fell victim to vandals & arson.

Now other nature has now begun to stake her claim... 

The Urban Collective 
      We Film It...

• By sj9966
      I'm sure you all know this place first hand, it was a very popular place and it's had a lot of Urbex traffic pass through it.
      Visited with Rusty on a Sheffield day trip back in September 2011
      A real cool old place, I'm not sure of it's current status.

• By darbians
      Sadly this place is no more. One of my first explores last year, it may please some of you to see non processed images from myself too
      Here is abit of history from Geograph:
      The Norfolk Lunatic Asylum was situated in Yarmouth Road, Thorpe St Andrew near Norwich. The architects were Francis Stone and John Brown (Norfolk County Surveyors) and Robinson Cornish and Gaymer of North Walsham. The County Asylum was intended specifically for pauper lunatics and was only the second institution of its kind when completed in early 1814. The buildings were originally designed for the reception of 40 male patients in April 1814, followed by female patients in June of the same year. Roughly 70 patients were present on average in the early years. Extensions in 1831 and 1840 allowed this number to double and more substantial additions in the late 1850s as well as the construction of an auxiliary asylum, which was completed in 1881, some 700 inpatients could be accommodated. The auxiliary asylum or annexe is situated to the north of the main buildings, on the other side of Yarmouth Road, connected by a lane that was carried over the main road by a bridge. In April 1889 the institution was re-titled the Norfolk County Asylum, and after its modernisation into 'a hospital for mental disorders' (with reorganisation into distinct male and female asylums) there was room for more than 1,000 patients.
      To read it all look here:
      Sorry no tripod So a few flash shots have been used!
      17 Hope you enjoyed thanks for having a look.