nickynackynoo

A Place to Drink and Dance, Lancashire, May 2013

accrington.................. stanley........... please dont tell me I`m so old no one gets that joke

Accrington Stanley? Who are they? :)

What a building!! Nice one!!

accrington.................. stanley........... please dont tell me I`m so old no one gets that joke

Stunning ballroom mate, nice shots !!

Accrington Stanley? Who are they? :)

What a building!! Nice one!!

Before or after Humphry? For our older viewers :-)

Guest Dubbednavigator

Very very nice, impressive start :thumb

Why do these nice buildings have to be in bloody lancashire? :(

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By RossWAdventures
      I've code named this place as Meadows Cottage. This place is a hidden time capsule, with diaries and newspapers from as early as the 1940's. The most recent items had dates around the 1980's so it's hard to say how long this place has even been abandoned for. I actually explored this place back in May but have not yet shared it to the forum so here it is. 

So this place i understand was owned by a old lady named Mrs Banning, unfortunately when she past away this was past to her nephew that lived in Isle of Man. He had no care or need for the building or his aunties items inside.. it's since become left to decay and nature reclaimed the building and its surrounding area. With the recent sale of the building the new owners plan to demolish and rebuild on the land.. but this is said to currently be on hold due to bats, now taking residency in the cottage.

It was obvious the surrounding garden that was once overgrown around the cottage was recently cut back, making for a easy access. I was very surprised to find what we did inside just left and forgotten. Here's some pictures form the explore followed by the Video of the explore.

Here's the Video i made from the explore:

• By coolboyslim
      The Explore ...
      Got there after i nice walk from the village and was quite surprised by how big and cool looking it was. And at first it looked it quite good condition. But that soon changed. In i went cam ready first rooms where ok and in fairly good condition. The bar was great and the dome disco room was ok but badly trashed. Sadly the dome and been fairly smashed up. Then the scare. I went into another room with carpet and squish it went. Holy crap looked up and the ceiling to the bedrooms had a huge crack and water was coming through. I jumped back and thought damn explore going to end earlier cause its damn dangerous. However i said go for it but very very slowly. Found a nice staircase slightly away from the crack. Into one bedroom and another. The rooms where awesome and in really good condition well most anyways. Then the truth about the damage came. The metal fairies had indeed been and made so much damage that the floor was very very weak. To make matters worse the roof was starting to give way has water came in destroying all in its path. Even the fairies pulled out . I was to go no further but really wanted the money shot from roof of the dome. What to do. I looked out of the window and tested a few places it was squidgy and was not risking that until i saw a nice beam. I went for it and i will let the pics tell you the rest ENJOY.
      I know its one of my older things but not sure if on here or not. Anyway its bad there now and deffo dont look like this. Hell it was bad when i went lol.
      History
      The privately owned Moorcock Inn Hotel and Restaurant, has closed and reopened a number of times under different management over the past 40 years. It finally shut its doors for the last time near the end of 2010.
      In 1975 it was put into liquidation after losses of £97,500 were revealed. Later that year, the building was gutted by fire, but was then fully restored and re-opened in 1977. Plans were submitted to turn the site into a development of luxury flats, but after a number of years of wrangling, the plans were thrown out and the hotel became known for fruit machines and discos.
      In 1984 it re-opened as a quality venue offering fine cuisine and functions. In 1995, permission was granted for 14 new bedrooms and a conference centre.
      The future of the once popular country hotel hangs in the balance after plans to knock it down and build three houses were re-submitted.
      Council’s planning committee turned down proposals to demolish it in November last year, saying the size of the houses did not meet local need and were out of keeping with the rural area.
      Pics.

Said risky roof lol

The self playing piano. Sadly now trashed

On we go

What was left of dome. Now wrecked even more.

Hope you enjoy this. Remember this was early in my explore days and only with phone lol. Also changed up pics to add a little more exclusivity rather than a replica of other report. Think it means more like that. Anyhow thanks all for reading and looking.
    • By WildBoyz
      History
      Charlton Bonds is a former bonded warehouse. It was constructed in 1885. The building itself was put together using concrete and cast iron framework; ornate brick, a stone façade and a slate roof were added for decorative purposes. The large property comprises of three former dance studios, changing facilities, office and meeting spaces, a former Chinese café area and a sizeable basement. A number of other buildings have been constructed close to Charlton Bonds meaning that a small courtyard also lies at the centre. Inside that courtyard there are five individual gravestones.
      In 1835, before Charlton Bonds was created, Newcastle’s Jewish community purchased a plot of land within the vicinity and a synagogue was erected shortly afterwards; more land was later purchased nearby for use as a burial ground. Although it was initially a well-used religious site, much of the local Jewish community moved and the decline in the number of followers was considerable. Consequently, the Jewish synagogue was demolished many years ago; the exact date is unrecorded. Since its closure much of the Jewish graveyard was redeveloped and, even though the removal of the site was disputed, the plot was allocated to a new theatre company. The Jewish community were only permitted to hold onto a smaller part of the graveyard and these are the graves which still exist today. Five graves have remained undisturbed, however, the Hebrew inscriptions have eroded from all but one of the stones. The one that can still be read commemorates ‘Matilda Gaskell’ who died in 1851. The grounds were last ‘restored’ in 1961 when they were covered with red gravel.
      Our Version of Events
      We decided to hit something in the North East this month, so we set out to see if there’s anything interesting happening in Newcastle. After checking out a few other sites – mainly older ones we’ve done before to see what they look like in their current states – we arrived in Newcastle City Centre fairly late on. We immediately set off on the hunt for something worthy of exploring and it wasn’t long until we stumbled across Charlton Bonds, the former warehouse. After seeing that there was indeed an access point we decided to take a closer look since the area has a bit of a unique history. It’s a surprisingly large site, so it takes a fair bit of wandering to get around it all, but there’s plenty to see along the way; lots of random bits and pieces anyway. The most interesting bit, by far, is the small Jewish graveyard that’s located in the centre courtyard. Here’s to Matilda, and the others who have no names!
      Explored with Ford Mayhem and Soul.
      1: Fun and Games

2: Corridor to Dance Studio

3: Time to Dance

4: Dance Studio Leaflet

5: One of the Former Studio Rooms

6: Another Dance Studio... Presumably

7: The Dance Studio in the News

8: Seating Area for Dance Studio

9: DanceCity

10: Amp

11: Dance Studio Toilets (Immaculate Condition)

12: Dance Studio Showers

13: More Changing Room

14: Bits and Bobs

15: Broken Brolly

16: Chinese Cafe (What's Left)

17: Chinese Dancing

18: Chinese Cafe Leftovers

19: Chinese Lampshade

20: Kitchen Area

21: The Jewish Gravestones

22: TV

23: Office Space

24: Rocking Horse in the Attic

25: Inside the Tower

26: The Attic Space

27: The Perfect End to any Explore

• By Mumi
      Hey m8s! Glad to share my Youtube Channel and my Facebook page. Feel free to join!
      Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/MumisPlace
      Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MumiLugaresAbadonados
      Regards!
    • By Andy
      These are my first "real" (conscious / aware) Photos from an abandoned place.
      I've took them 23 years ago, in 1991 (I'm getting old ... ).
      It was an abandoned mansion with a chapel in Trier / Germany (today it is restored).
      The image quality is not very good. But I think it might be interesting to see my old photos from that time.

14 - Perfect shoes and clothes for Urban Exploration ...

Disclaimer

Oblivion State exists as an online forum to allow like minded individuals to share their experiences of Urban Exploration. We do not condone breaking and entering or other criminal activity and advise all members to read the FAQ articles about the forum and urban exploring in general. All posts are the responsibility of the original poster and all images remain copyright to the original photographer.

We would just like to thank

Forum user AndyK! from Behind Closed Doors for our rather excellent new logo.

All of our fantastic team of Moderators who volunteer their time to keep this place running smoothly.

All of our members for continuing to support Oblivion State by posting up the most awesome content. Thank you everyone!