• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Wevsky
      2nd to last explore this one,happened to be along our route back toward ferry port so as Urban Junky had mentioned he popped in here when we met up at the hotel it seemed rude not to go have a look..
      Seems it was some form of coal washing site from what ive been told..
      There is a inscription in the wall outside and it reads..
      This sorting laundry was built with the help of Credit marshall testimony of the generosity of the united states of America..
      Well thats how google translates it.The site is massive big holes everywhere and brutal concrete design we spent hours wandering about shooting this place.
      explored with Sx-riffraff SpaceInvader

Big ugly and full of angles to shoot ,so in all i loved it

• By yonaguni
      this house always gave me the creeps as i drove by..then i noticed it was abadoned...I asked around and found out A Mrs Coffee live there..known as the town meanie..she had a hard life..her only son was killed in a car accident..her husband committed sucide..she had a daughter but noone knew anything about her...

The basement held the sad reminders..a buys and girls bike for children long gone...

the old lady had started hoarding...

the house was unlivable who knows how she got around

books were everywhere

several rooms were so pack all i could do was poke my camera in the door

that painting came home with me..

this was the master bedroom..it was impassable

i think the old lady slept in the bathtub

now to the really creepy room...judging by the art it looks like late 60s early 70's

wow weaird as hell..seems the daught noone knew about left as a young child or died with the brother in the same accident...because her bed room is largly unchanged since the 1970s

A very strange room

the kitchen was the only toom in the hoiuse that seemed normal

it was once a nice house..

i watched as workers picked over the house..i saw them smiling with arm fulls of stuff they decided to keep...i went in a few more times to find it almost completely stripped...i found dolls in unopened boxes..it was near chirstmas time so i took them and out them in the donation boxes for kids..before the other scavangers could grab them..they tore the house down..and quickly built another who sold quickly a new familt now lives on this spot....

I caught several voices thought my walkthough gost of this haunted doll house...makes me wonder if the new house is haunted too...

• By obscureserenity
      Campina Youth House

Haven't seen this one posted anywhere so I decided to chuck a quick report up on it. I would say this particular location could be described as disused rather than abandoned, as it looked like there was redevelopment work going on when we arrived. Hence why it is so nice and pristine. Anyway, onto a little bit of history I found..

History

The Youth House was orginally built as a leisure centre in Campina. A city situated roughly around the South East of Romania. It was constructed by local authorites in order to create a space for young people to participate in a range of sporting activities such as: aerobics, matrial arts and boxing. It was also established in order to promote culture and education and the house provided various facilities for the arts. The Youth House hosted a large auditorium to  showcase fairs, exhibitions, conventions, concerts and festivals. 

Visit

Visited with @darbians and Gina on a long weekend trip to Romania. We were driving past and saw what we orginally thought was a hotel and decided to check it out. Finding this place was defintely an unsuspected susprise and I'm very glad we decided to pull over. I really enjoyed photographing this one and I espiecally liked the mosiacs which reminded me of the ones at Buzludzha I had seen the previous year. I hope you enjoy my report!

When you find a window open on the top floor, gotta get a few photos from the roof 

Thanks for reading!

• By yonaguni
      When i was a kid this was known as  Crazy Marys house...The rumor was she froze to death but had pleanty of money to put the heat on....it wasent true..she was a mean old lady for sure who scared the crap out of me screeching  at me when i walked by..Her Husband was a doctor and who killed himself  in the house..he was an old fashiong doctor...back in his day you never went to a hospitol you went to the doctors house...he amputated arms, legs, preformed surgury in the basement..

He died in the late 1960s his wife in the 1980s...the house has never see anyone stay there for long..they alway seem to move out

After crazy mary died workers came to clean out the house..my friend knew one and he went in..i was still too scared..he came out with an skeltons skull and jaw...old time doctors used to have them...he lured me in and i saw a room filled with sinks and it was all to creepy for me

its been empty for years..and looters took the starecase and all the copper..

check out the floors

a homless person had moved in an kept himself warm almost burning the house down

For such a big house the doctor never had any children

th
      The house is for sale but it needs alot ofrepairs andthe neighborhood has declined so no one can afford it
      heres my video walkthough i hear a few ghostly voices

• By AndyK!
      We had no idea how we would get on here. After driving through the night and arriving in the early hours, our entry was just awful! As we sat in the freezing cold, and the light started to appear at the windows, we could see it was worth the effort. Visited with @SpiderMonkey, obvs!

History

The Royal High School was constructed between 1826 to 1829 on the south face of Calton Hill in Edinburgh, at a cost of £34,000. Of this £500 was given by King George IV ‘as a token of royal favour towards a School, which, as a royal foundation, had conferred for ages incalculable benefits on the community’. It was designed in a neoclassical Greek Doric style by Thomas Hamilton, who modelled the portico and Great Hall on the Hephaisteion of Athens.

After the Old Royal High School was vacated in 1968, the building became available and was refurbished to accommodate a new devolved legislature for Scotland. However, the 1979 devolution referendum failed to provide sufficient backing for a devolved assembly. Its debating chamber was later used for meetings of the Scottish Grand Committee, the committee of Members of Parliament in the United Kingdom House of Commons with constituencies in Scotland. Subsequently, the building has been used as offices for departments of Edinburgh City Council, including The Duke of Edinburgh’s Award unit and the Sports and Outdoor Education unit.

With the passage of the Scotland Act 1998 and the introduction of Scottish devolution in 1999, the Old Royal High School was again mooted as a potential home for the new Scottish Parliament. Eventually, however, the Scotland Office decided to site the new legislature in a purpose-built structure in the Holyrood area of the Canongate. A number of uses have been suggested for the building, including a home for a Scottish National Photography Centre. As of 2015, Edinburgh City Council – the building’s current owners – have initiated a project to lease the building to be used as a luxury hotel.

Finally a few shots of the grand neoclassical exterior...