Wevsky

Trustfire TR-3t6 3800 lumens

Heres a quick heads up from me

If your looking for something with a little more guts then there is this

420325847_499.jpg

It claims 3,800 Lumens again as mike mentioned above i doubt this very much.

It takes 18650 battery's which come in all price ranges and mAh outputs,i wont pretend to fully understand the mAh but in a nut shell its all about the length of time a battery will power your torch

I would suggest paying that little bit extra for decent trusted brand names as ebay has many that aren't what they say they are,Trouble with these batts is they can be unstable so try and get ones that are protected against over charging or discharging as they can split and leak!

This torch can take 2 or three 18650's depending if you have the extension tube which can be purchased around £5 which in short means longer life but not brighter beam.

Downfalls on this torch are the burn time isn't that great at its brightest so in my case i use this for lighting big areas on short bursts.

Build quality for a Chinese torch is excellent and this one of mine has been dropped many times and has never died yet!

Price wise its about 27 pound with the 18650's and charger £22 on amazon with out!!

heres a quick example of a short burst of light using a 5 second exposure in a large area

8689725382_914766d071_c.jpg

I would recomend this for use in large and smaller areas where you just need to see where your putting your feet..Top tip buy spare battery's as they don't last long

I have one and its great for lighting a big area for a quick burst shot like you show above but it is absolutely useless for doing a proper lightpainting job on exposures over 10 seconds as you can't focus the beam (spot to flood like a Lenser) and tend to flare out the photos in places.

Fantastic torch for lighting up a long tunnel when you can't see the other portal or if the other portal is blocked though.

And yes, the batteries. Buy plenty if you intend using this as a regular torch. Three 18650's usually have a burn time of 1 hour on full power.

I have one and its great for lighting a big area for a quick burst shot like you show above but it is absolutely useless for doing a proper lightpainting job on exposures over 10 seconds as you can't focus the beam (spot to flood like a Lenser) and tend to flare out the photos in places.

Fantastic torch for lighting up a long tunnel when you can't see the other portal or if the other portal is blocked though.

And ys, the batteries. Buy plenty if you intend using this as a regular torch. Three 18650's ususally have a burn time of 1 hour on full power.

ah mate the throw on them is wide ,yes i agree very bright indeed and i apply a t6 for spotting the end if need be but this is mainly used for a bit of backlighting or fook off big mines :)

Edited by Wevsky

This is a cracking torch, got one myself a couple weeks back and love it. It does eat batteries, but so useful in short bursts :) I like to use it in smaller rooms as well as a excellent back light instead of trying to light paint things. Seems to get a whiter result.

One fault I think there could be is the switch can be a bit temperamental when the juice is running low and often takes a few clicks to turn on.

This is a cracking torch, got one myself a couple weeks back and love it. It does eat batteries, but so useful in short bursts :) I like to use it in smaller rooms as well as a excellent back light instead of trying to light paint things. Seems to get a whiter result.

One fault I think there could be is the switch can be a bit temperamental when the juice is running low and often takes a few clicks to turn on.

never had too much trouble with the switch other than having to cycle thru the modes to get back to brightest

Ooh I like that Wevs, nice bit of kit!, what's the reliability been like ?

:D

i've dropped it a few times and no problems..as long as you have charged/discharged batterys correctly and you have protected cells then you should have no problem