• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Ninja Kitten
      Every now and again i hear this nag."mum..mum..when can you take me sploring,,,something fun like a school..a swimming pool and a place with loads to look at...."not much to ask really! ...a quick call to my bestey PS and wer in the car ... an hour or so later and we pull up...may as well teach them the tricks of the trade while their young hay:) A fantastic splore as always with PS and a young Nitro Ninja..
      Looks like the headmasters out for the day....its splore time !

• By Harry
      This battery was constructed to house six 9 inch guns on high angle mounts (70 degrees) which would fire heavy projectiles upto ten thousand yards down onto the deck of ships attacking the harbour of Portland. The guns were directed by Position Finding Cells, two at Priory Corner on West Cliff and four on East Cliff.

Magazine entrance - feeding the guns by rail and delivering the shells at muzzle height.

Two storage buildings.

Bombproof shelter.

Another magazine and the rail still remains.

Bombproof shelter and laboratory entrance.

... and that's the lot!

• By Gigi
      A superb place.. It is a school and features beautiful gardens, ruined church, derelict labs, art classroom, an old manor house, amphitheatre, canteen, swimming pool, music room. e.t.c It's got a lot!
      I have been here many times now,(without permission haha) and have shot it professionally for a location library too, I am good friends with the caretaker and owner now so it's there to use if I need it.
      It closed late 2000, due to lack of money. I believe the main house is listed but not sure of the other buildings. All in all, a huge variety and mixture, and a great place to explore.

2 - great room

3 - school labs!

4 - haha.. sorry

8 - Synagogue

10 - Those stairs.. wonderful

11 - The overgrown office rooms

12 - my friend Fraser

13 - Retro TV

14 - Squash court

15 - my dad joined me on this trip.. He didn't keep very quiet! haha Monkey.

16 - Shower rooms

17c- Manor House/Blue toning

I have done several client shoots here too
    • By franconiangirl
      I have hardly any information about this former boarding school. Apparently it was an institute for boys only. The building is in a decaying state. Fortunately, the vandalism isn´t too bad so far. The size of this insitution almost kills you. It´s very emotional to explore this part of history, when obviously a stong religious belief was one of the most important parts of education. 

As already mentioned above, this institution was huge. It´s picturesquely embedded between hills. It consisted not only of numerous dormitories and classrooms but its own chapel  and infirmary - with rusty bed frames and old medical stuff left behind - as well. You´ll find traces of religious importance again and again, for example old images of saints - to remind you over and over about the importance of a strong belief that was once an omnipresent theorem in this institution. Let the pictures speak for themselves.