Wevsky

Belgium La Crypt -May 2013

This was pretty much the last explore from day 1 of our trip,yes its very done to death but i havnt seen it so it was new to me and something i wanted to do..Think the cemetery is closed now as there is signs pof work being carried out with portacabins and security etc

Explored with crazy fool,SpaceInvader and Sx-riffraff

Not a huge amount of pics as they all get a bit samey tbh..Loads i could have done with the 50mm but im not a fan of too many close ups of peoples names on the stones,so here's a mixed batch !

DSC_0235.jpg

Now theres a few shots i have with this guy,He's called eric which is the name sx-riffraff gave him..thing is my wife does a lot of crochet and wanted me to take something she had made and photograph it in various locations so she can post the pics on the sites/pages the crochet gang use..so if its not "proper exploring"Tough :rolleyes:

DSC_0229.jpg

DSC_0234.jpg

DSC_0231.jpgDSC_0238.jpg

DSC_0237.jpg

DSC_0239.jpgDSC_0242.jpg

DSC_0241.jpg

one last one of eric..

DSC_0245.jpg

• Like 1

I think this place is awesome! great photographs and would love to visit this place, im getting a real fetish for cemetery's and graveyards etc :D I blame Nelly!

Edited by Rik

Grrrrr, always security there hence a fun one to go and do. I need to do this one as we ran into the workmen last time we were there.

Bang on photos there dude. Loving it mate.

Wevs, you really don't know how jealous I am about this, I love this place and I NEED to get there :(

Top shots mate :thumb

Guest Scattergun

Great shots, still never been here. Never got beyond the gate lol. oops.

Top tip..dont use the gate :)

well............ no one told us that cameras arent even allowed in the cemetry, bold as brass we walk up to the gate for the guard to point at the sign and tell us to turn around lol

DOH !!!

Lovely shots wevs

well............ no one told us that cameras arent even allowed in the cemetry, bold as brass we walk up to the gate for the guard to point at the sign and tell us to turn around lol

DOH !!!

Lovely shots wevs

Thought it was tripods they didnt allow?either way going when its open not a good idea lol

Great location and pics mate

& loving the Top Tip

:jump

Bloody lovely this was sk..my first actual crypt..and it didnt disappoint :thumb

This is a fab place, I could, and hope will at some point, spend aaages looking at the inscriptions, + you got awesome pics :)

:thumbs for Eric too!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By teddybear
      A large hospital,build in the 60's and will be demolished soon. It was one of the hospitals where they also removed the lamps and tables in the OK room.
      But still a nice location for a Saturday with a nice staircase.

More can be found on my flickr page.
      http:// https://www.flickr.com/photos/94301594@N07/albums
    • By Himeiji
      For those who is planning to go to Antwerp metro! Beware that it's Belgium, and the actual presence of trams in the tunnels might not be consistent with their schedule!
      Being already inside one of the tunnels of the active line, we suddenly heard noise behind. I checked the schedule in advance, the next tram was supposed to be only in 8 min, but  it was behind us now! There is nothing in the tunnel where one could hide in, so we had to run to the next station. We managed to hide there right before the tram arrived (thanks to the guy I was with, because he found a good place while I didn't know what to do  ). I don't know if the driver saw us or not, but no one came to search for us.   

• By franconiangirl
      The old primary school has apparently been abandoned for quite some time. Crumbling plaster is leading the way. Decay as far as the eye can see. Now and then friendly yet strong reminders written somewhere: "Instortingsgevaar" (danger of collapse). Certain areas of the school building are definitely in a pretty bad condition which is obvious even without knowledge in statics. Remnants of the former school life are scattered throughout the whole building. Toys, photos of former students as well as old books. All these things just intensify the frozen in time atmosphere. A beautiful little place left to rot right in the middle of active school grounds. 

That´s the reason we chose the summer holidays for our visit. Despite of that the grounds were really busy that day. Apparently, preparations for the upcoming school year took place. Sneaking into the building was quite easy, whereas sneaking outside unseen became an almost undoable task. While taking photos inside the grounds had become more and more busy. The only chance was trying to head towards the exit as fast as possible. And so the inevitable happened. Only few steps after leaving our building we heard a loud "Hey" behind us. Two workers appeared but couldn´t hide their smiles. Still feeling relief a woman, probably the headmaster, came out of the active school building opposite of ours and shouted angrily at us threatening us to call the police. Disappearing as fast as possible was the only option now. Barbed wire or not. After a detour to our car and an adrenaline level slowly going back to normal we finally escaped safely. A brief look back to our arrival: while searching for a parking space we were watched by an elderly man standing behind his window with his curtains in his hand. He observed us so obviously so that we decided to look for another place to park our car. Yet not before waving at the conspiciously behaving man who responded by waving back at us right away. So better never tend to underestimate the local "security". 

• By teddybear
      A repair facility  of a big steel factory here in Belgium. Abandoned for many years but still surrounded by razor wire .
      Here they repaired the trains and also other equipment used in in steel factory (radio's, chargers,....).
      It' took some walking to see all of the building (and still missed some parts.It was a solo explore so I was cautious about every sound I heard. Found a former living quarter of some copper thieves with sleeping corner and a crude home-made heater/stove. This was my kind of Sunday morning activity. Tnx for watching. Hopefully not to many pictures.

• By obscureserenity
      Red Morgue Hospital

History

I couldn't find huge amount history on this location but from what I've gathered the hospital was built at some point in the early 20th century. It was funded by investors and at a time when nursing care was predominately carried out by the clergy. They wanted the hospital to become more secular in order to distance themselves from the church. 

The hospital was mainly used for surgery and featured several operating theatres but later on a maternity ward and outpatient clinic was introduced. About 90 years later the orginal hospital building was combined with a larger nearby hospital. The Red Morgue hospital was eventually closed around 2013. By this time it was only used to see outpatients, as most of it's services were provided by the new hospital which was more modern and sophisticated. 

Visit

Visited with @darbians on a weekend trip to Belgium. I was really keen to see this one after finding out about it and seeing a few photographs. It was great to see an old hospital in fairly good condition with some items still left, combined with a nice bit of decay.  As always,  hope you enjoy my photos 😄

(Spot the rookie error 🤣)

If you've got this far, thanks for reading!