Millennium Mills

Bad new's again from me. Confirmed by a fellow splorer and an OS member, access has been boarded and nailed up, ladder from the leap gone as well as access after that has been boarded up. looks like we will have to find other means of access in the future =/.

They're moving fast by the looks of it ...

You went with Mr harry Mr D ?. he told me about how he gained access, but the london splorer said it had been cleared as he went close to the time you and him went

Also like to add I am definitely up for this place if a few want to go to find alternative access, anyone up for it give me a shout :)

i kow a bloke who was there 2 days ago mate found his own way in regardless of the usual access being blocked..think out of the box a little and onwards and"upwards"

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By oldskool
      For those that know me will know i hate mills, i think there boring but as my urbex partner in crime loves them i find myself frequenting them often ....ok mill f was abit of a fail a very long drive to find NO access so we hit the smaller version across the way .
      Still holding some original features and some excellent light ....i must admit it was pretty photographic .....all reet on wit pics...visted with Mr.Host

Ok few hours past time to drive back up north .....now still being early we decided to pay a re-visit to Mill Delph .......now we explored this mill over 2 years ago but i saw some photos from Zero81 on the net and asked him were they were from he told me mill delph,i was like no there not we didnt see that when we were there ....but to my knowledge two years ago that part was locked (we only missed the best part ....go figure) the first few pics are from 2 years ago the machinery is from this week .....

No light in the basement .....

Cheers for looking ...........Oldskool
    • By oldskool

A really nice mill with a little hidden jem.The workshop is like a time capsule worth the trip just to see this, a little history....

Dalton Mills was once the largest textile mill in the region, employing over 2000 workers. It was built by Joseph Craven in 1869, replacing the original mill which was owned by Rachel Leach in the 1780's.
      The mill was named Dalton Mills after the manager employed by Rachel Leach, a man called Dalton.
      In its heyday between 1869 and 1877 the mill provided jobs for workers all over Keighley and the Worth Valley.
      As the textile industry declined, the fortunes of Dalton Mills changed and up until 2004, it had been virtually empty for almost a decade. John Craven, the great-great grandson of Joseph, who had built the mill, eventually chose to sell Dalton Mills to Magna Holdings, to ensure it’s survival.
      Part of the renovation of the Clock Tower has included restarting the landmark clock which has not ticked for 25 years. In the mill's heyday, thousands of workers relied on the clock to get to work on time, but the hands had not moved for a quarter of a century. Last year Magna Holdings repaired the clock, and illuminated the faces, so it can display the time to the whole of Dalton Lane again.

Smurf Surf.........

Thanks for looking Oldskool....

• By chris banks
      I am a filmmaker and YouTuber, and i'm trying to get into Urbex. I really enjoy finding out about the history of the sites that i want to visit and exploring them with my son.
      Last week we visited a site in West Yorkshire. The site is an old fur fabrics mill and has been covered before on this forum.

This is a first attempt at Urbex, so go easy on me!

Exploring local abandoned mill in a cinematic style.

Dudfleet Mills (Abandoned) - URBEX - Urban Exploration - DJI Spark Footage - Cinematic Edit
    • By HitGirl
      Explored with Therealindianajones and one non member

• By HitGirl
      Explored with Therealindianajones and one non member,
      Called snake River Mills because it was by a river and we found a snake lol