Nelly

Lad falls through roof at the Rank Hovis Mills in Ramsgate

Hope so, I thought that the bridge was the worst part of the Ramsgate Mills, the rest of it seemed pretty solid??

Well it held me anyway ;)

:thumb

Nelly from what ive heard its not looking good..there was an almighty slagging off/debate on a fb page over tis and people posting videos up off access and glory hunting ..20 foot fall off roof news said can only be the lower part at the front i guess but it also said he fell into the building?fuck knows mate

I guess news like this brings home the fact that you have to be careful out there, regardless of the exact circumstances, one false move is all it takes.

I hope the lad is OK and my thoughts are well and truly with his family right now.

Ah thats a wank :(

Was he UE or simply a local thrill seeker mate, not that it makes a defference

RIP

Not sure mate i think kids of that age would find this sortof place a playground when bored..im sure a fuller story will appear

One of the messages on the fb page was from his mother, said he was on the roof getting his ball.

yeah i did hear that!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By MrObvious
      Another rooftop that's been on my list since i began Urbex and photography 2 and a half years ago.

Europa house 63m high, constructed in 1969 for offices.
      I'm not sure when the place closed... but it's now being redeveloped for (I'm assuming) uni student accommodation.

Explored with @CuriousityKilledTheCat, @TheVampiricSquid & @Biebs

Enjoy  

Thanks for looking  
    • By MrObvious
      Thought i'd keep these 2 in the same report because they were part of the same company. 

History

Mills... 

Tonedale Mills, including Tone Mills, was a large wool factory in Wellington, Somerset that was the largest woollen mill in South West England. Owned by Fox Brothers, it was most famous for the production of “Taunton serge”, and later the khaki dye used by the British Army. The mill was established in the middle of the eighteenth century, and thrived during the industrial revolution. At its peak, around 6,500 metres of material was produced at the factory each day. The cheap cost of producing fabric in third-world countries contributed to the factory mostly closing during the 1980s.

Dye Works...
      Due to the acquisition of the old flour mills this became the cloth finishing works. Sitting on the banks of the River Tone, the mills originally used water wheels on the river for power generation, the housing for which are still in place. Later with the introduction of steam and then electric power, the water was used as part of the cloth finishing process, and was managed more carefully with the introduction of a reservoir and sluice gates. Within the reservoir, the water was treated before its use. The finishing works and dye factory were both on this site. The former had a boiler house attached, while the latter had an engine house added.

Explores 
      Explored the first time with @TheVampiricSquid & @Biebs
      After arriving at the mills, we'd struggled to find a way in without alerting the neighbours, so we thought we'd try the dye works while waiting for some more info on easier access.
      when we arrived at the dye works, access was fairly simple, unaware of where access into the main bit, i'd managed to piss on it lmao, luckily there was shit loads of tarp laying around...
      When we finished up at the dye works, we headed back to the mills with a better route to take. This place was massive, and was slowly being taken over by nature!
      after spending a little while in there, we'd bumped into a couple of chavs who thought we were there ghost hunting... Then they started to trash the place, so we made a swift exit. 
      During the first visit i was told about the boiler rooms... but we had to skip it incase the police turned up. 

so i headed back there a couple days later with @CuriousityKilledTheCat
      we'd gone back to the dye works so she could grab some shots in there, then up to the mills.... after a short look around, we'd soon discovered the boiler rooms, was definitely worth the revisit!  

Shout out to M.S for the info!  

Enjoy  

Mills

Dye Works 

Cheers for looking!
    • By MrObvious

History 

Brunel House is a former Ministry of Defense office building that was used to provide accommodation to civil servants and naval officers from the 1960s until the Cold War ended.

Visits

I've had this building on my to do list for over 2 years now, ever since i started getting into exploring and photography.

after not trying for months, I thought i'd try my luck with the place again with @CuriousityKilledTheCat while trying to give her a tour of some local spots and miserably failing every one. 
      To my surprise, we'd found a way in, and took a long walk to the top... i know, 12 floors isn't a long walk, but i was pretty shattered already xD 
      We'd finally reached the top, and what a view! can honestly say it was worth the wait! 

The second visit was with @TheVampiricSquid, we'd spent a good couple of hours up there taking a few snaps and enjoying the view, The walk up was a lot easier that time xD 

Enjoy  

Cheers for looking!
    • By MrObvious
      The Explore.

This was the first stop off on our 24 hour road trip, celebrating @Redhunter's birthday with @TheVampiricSquid, @CuriousityKilledTheCat and a non OS member.

After spending the day before shooting a wedding, and having no sleep since 7am... we set off for the midlands at midnight to pick hun up, Then up to leeds....

After a long ass drive, silly o'clock McDonald's, copious amounts of energy drink, reversing around an island in a service station we finally arrived at about 4-4:30 am and met up with a few more people. 

We reached the top in time for a dissapointing sunrise.... but the views made up of it! 

The rest of the building has been pretty trashed now, and set fire to, but they still made some interesting photos

Enjoy  

Thanks For Looking  
    • By coolboyslim
      Hi all this is a cool little place. Its the barton undercroft in manchester. I couldent wait to give it an awesome title name cause well its an abaondoned horror walk also now lol. Very cool. Anyway on with some history.

History

The arcade was listed as a Grade II* listed building on the 25 January 1972. The listing includes the "block of shops (Barton's Building) and offices enclosing the arcades." It was constructed by Corbett, Raby and Sawyer in 1871.[2] Hartwell describes the Barton's Building facade as "utterly ignorant.. the ground floor pilasters must be seen to be believed."[3] The arcade, however, is "a gorgeous glass and iron shopping arcade with glass domes..., the best example of this type of cast-iron and glass arcade anywhere in the country."[3] The entrance to the arcade on St Ann's Square incorporates a large, cast iron and glass wall. The two entrances on Deansgate are hidden behind the Barton Building. The building is of "four storeys with an attic, a long nine-bay facade to Deansgate, divided in half horizontally by a balustraded balcony".[2] The structure is composed of cast iron and glass. The iron work was supplied by the Macfarlane Saracen Glass Factory in Glasgow.[3] The building was one of the first to be built on the newly widened Deansgate.[4] The arcade was restored in the 1980s. The original shop fronts and decorative floor no longer exist

Thats from wiki but some other bits i found

It was used as some sort of ghost tour by a company called flecky bennet. And they talk about anne frank etc. It was used has a bunker in the blitz etc. When they was told they couldent do it anymore seems they left a lot of stuff. very intresting if a little fooked up and creepy has shit when you turn a corner and 6 mannequins stare back. Anyway was bloody great fun And visited with @stranton and a big thanks to @bolts also. Things went fairly well until we opened a door and out came the alarms and secca. Talk about move fast lol. we got out ok but fook wish i could have mooched a bit more. Got a couple of pics from roof also. Overall just a fun night. Just dont mension the fact we went into a carpark found an open door went for a we mooch has you do only to find a fooking bank vault and cctv every where jeesus we ran like the wind lol. Shame sadly no pics for obvious reasons ie bloody cam right at us. Outside on the side of the building in big fooking letters it says BANK lol. Yes folks a maybe live bank by accident lol. Awesome. Never stuck around to find out. And good job cause a guy was seeling us in and he said his stuff about police and we where robbers etc etc lol. And off we went.
      Anyways some pics for you. Enjoy all thanks for reading.

Pics..

Give me an hand lol...

Lovely old stairs

Roof shots

Thanks to everyone who looked i hope you all like it. On to the next laters all.

Disclaimer

Oblivion State exists as an online forum to allow like minded individuals to share their experiences of Urban Exploration. We do not condone breaking and entering or other criminal activity and advise all members to read the FAQ articles about the forum and urban exploring in general. All posts are the responsibility of the original poster and all images remain copyright to the original photographer.

We would just like to thank

Forum user AndyK! from Behind Closed Doors for our rather excellent new logo.

All of our fantastic team of Moderators who volunteer their time to keep this place running smoothly.

All of our members for continuing to support Oblivion State by posting up the most awesome content. Thank you everyone!