Paulpowers

[UK] The Duke of Lancaster

Not really sure where to put this

I didn't get on-board so all the pics are external and not really what I class as exploration

On August 10th, 1979, a former Sealink passenger ferry called “The Duke of Lancaster" was beached at Llanerch-y-Mor in North Wales with the intention of turning it into a floating leisure and retail complex called The Fun Ship but the project never achieved it’s full potential due to many long running legal disputes with the local council.

I've heard tales of pikey security being heavy handed but the guy that was there saw me, I said hi and he watched me from his car

9193956995_123def9e0f_c.jpg

9193967159_c8596c12b0_c.jpg

9193971717_b86030afb2_c.jpg

9196807004_6fbca78a9d_c.jpg

9194007203_14663ff5a0_c.jpg

9196788106_72e861d0b9_c.jpg

9193992581_83a95bb54a_c.jpg

9196778390_51b88bf9c3_c.jpg

9194001657_6ecec08c24_c.jpg

Edited by skeleton key

Guest Scattergun

Lookin good mate. She's a bit the worse for wear now eh? What likes the guards? Heard they're a bunch of heavy handed thugs.

com on guys get the back shot go early morning before secca are up they busted us and tryed to take my mates bag fuckin heavy handed knobs yes beware secca lol

cool shots dude and also cctv and the back end of the ship sssshhhhhh

Guest Dubbednavigator

Art work like that isnt really my thing, but thats fantastic

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Lavino
      Visited the ship in north wales with woopashoopaa vulex and Telf great looking ship with some good graffitti. Lots of barbed wire and fences around the ship but managed to get to the ship but then we heard " your not supposed to be here" by the secca guy coming from his cabin. Did manage to get some pictures was a nice leisurely look around and nice scenery to be had.on with my history and pics....
      On August 10th, 1979, a former Sealink passenger ferry called The Duke of Lancaster" was beached at Llanerch-y-Mor in North Wales with the intention of turning it into a floating leisure and retail complex called The Fun Ship but the project never achieved it's full potential due to many long running legal disputes with the local council.
      Make no bones about it, until it was converted into a car ferry she was one of the finest vessels afloat at the time. The first class quarters in the late fifties and early sixties were the best around, silver service restaurants, state rooms and luxurious cabins. In fact, the facilities and the accommodation on board Lancaster were so good she was frequently taken out of her usual ferry service and used as a cruise liner with frequent annual cruises around Scotland, Scandinavia and the Mediterranean.

• By Lucky Pants

Lancaster moor Asylum (formerly known as The County Lunatic Asylum) May 2013

During the nineteenth century Lancaster became a Center for the treatment of mental
      illness, in 1809 it was decided that the proposed County Lunatic Asylum would be built at Lancaster.
      Lancaster Moor Asylum was Lancashire’s first County Lunatic Asylum, opened in 1816,
      extended in 1824 and annexe completed in 1882, and by 1891 it accommodated 1833 patients
      but could hold up to 2400, the building occupies a site comprising an area of about 41 acres.
      The renovation is well on its way with huge piles of rubble piled outside of the main block and
      new windows being fitted almost throughout but still well worth a look .
      Nice relaxed explore with Mars Lander after the security dodging of the amusement park.

Thanks for looking, always a pleasure .

• By sonyes

Well this was actually the backup plan, after our failed revisit to Lancaster Moor. I had seen previous reports and thought it looked a nice little place, so off we went!

Explored with TeeJF and Zero81, great company

The History on this place is a little hard to come by, but a large part of the site was designed by W A Deighton in 1901. Deighton was a well-known brewery architect who was also responsible for the Grade II-listed Cook Street Brewery in Salford.

Mitchell's were established in 1865.

Mitchell's of Lancaster is a well established family owned pub and hotel company, operating seven individual, quality hotels and 55 traditional inns in North Lancashire and Cumbria.

Established for over 140 years, the company was founded by William Mitchell and is now run by the founder's great-great-grandchildren. The story goes that a chance meeting with a friend provided the money William needed to build his own brewery. Once the brewery was built, William went on to build a number of large hotels and inns, strategically sited within the Lancaster and Morecambe area. The company no longer brews its own beer, but maintains the family traditions of running good quality establishments offering an excellent range of cask ales, fine wines and home-cooked food in comfortable surroundings.

Well on with the show

Well thanks for looking, and I hope you enjoyed

• By shatners
      Absolutely loved this place... a fantastic explore around a stunning old asylum which was subsequently partly converted into a hospital with large wards and a theatre before closure in the 1990's.
      Lots of cracking original features left, a never ending complex of chav free peely paint paradise and a I found an in date packet of Space Raiders!
      No better way to spend a glorious sunny Sunday morning than in the company of Skankypants, Shush, Mr Toby, Hitgirl, Richard and Auntie Pam, a bloody splendid group of thoroughly excellent people... doesn't get much better
      I managed to get a cracking scrape on my head as you can see in the last picture from the beautiful chrome door on a bed pan poo suction machine... it even had a log on board... so there's a story to tell my kids.
      All pics taken with a rinky dink OMD EM5 and 17mm.... cheers for looking!

I know I know.... sex on a fucking stick Nice scrape on my head from the poo pan cleaner door :-(

Disclaimer

Oblivion State exists as an online forum to allow like minded individuals to share their experiences of Urban Exploration. We do not condone breaking and entering or other criminal activity and advise all members to read the FAQ articles about the forum and urban exploring in general. All posts are the responsibility of the original poster and all images remain copyright to the original photographer.

We would just like to thank

Forum user AndyK! from Behind Closed Doors for our rather excellent new logo.

All of our fantastic team of Moderators who volunteer their time to keep this place running smoothly.

All of our members for continuing to support Oblivion State by posting up the most awesome content. Thank you everyone!