Perjury Saint

UK St Josephs Seminary... June '13

Friday night and a text comes through...

'Shag, we're goin EPIC tomorrow! Get yourself up here for 3 am, St Jo's could be a goer!!'

Plans for a jaunt up to Ushaw are immediately thrown out of the window!! If theres a chink in the armour then this could be an unforgettable one...

After the briefest of slumber I'm hotfooting it up the M6 to meet up with the crew, namely Mars Lander (who?!), Lucky Pants and PROJECT MAYHEM and after a quick brew we're off!

I was giving this one 60/40 (odds stacked against us!)... Well sod the odds! We're in!!

IMG_4863-L.jpg

It's a bit gloomy so we head up, up, UP... And find the observatory

IMG_4726-L.jpg

View from the top...

IMG_4741-L.jpg

As we descend, it all unfurls...

IMG_4836-L.jpg

sem1-L.jpg

IMG_4826-L.jpg

IMG_4755-L.jpg IMG_4829-L.jpg

We even find a stuffed bird display!!

IMG_4810-L.jpg

IMG_4796-L.jpg

And other artefacts...

IMG_4737-L.jpg

IMG_4855-L.jpg

IMG_4786-L.jpg

IMG_4845-L.jpg

Corridor aceness aplenty...

IMG_4858-L.jpg

IMG_4906-L.jpg

And general 'epicness'...

sem2-L.jpg

IMG_4902-L.jpg

IMG_4925-L.jpg

Moments after this last shot was taken we we're ousted by the LOUDEST alarm known to man! It wasnt long and we were homeward bound... Unforgettable?! Most definitely!!

Thanks for looking...

Edited by skeleton key
Added country under prefix

Great stuff. #2 made me sware out loud!! Ha, I came across Mars on flickr, thinking surely I would remember having a contact with that name!!

Guest peterc4

Well done mate, was well away when I got the text. 11.35 pm gutted didn't see it till morning, top notch job

Guest Scattergun

Fuckin sweet dude, awesome stuff. Really nice lookin set there, love the corridors :) Where the hell was my txt Mayhem?

Nice stuff mate, this much reminds me of ushaw but on a much more grand scale.

Was all set to do Ushaw, but got the call to do this one... No contest! Will do Ushaw soon... :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Britain's Decays
      Last year we tried to get in Scarborough sports centre but they have seriously locked that place up tight, nothing on the roof, no tunnels or anything.So we just made a short video of the outside. Today I went back with the newest member of our URBEX team, the drone and got some higher up shots. Here are the photos from the drone...

• By SILVERSKULL2004
      Explore

This was a fairly easy explore as these buildings are not as protected as the main college and the park relies on tourists to inform security about any vandals.
      The gymnasium was the hardest to get into as we had to avoid getting seen by any onlookers. So going at a later time of day would be advised.
      You should be cautious if you get further into the student centre as some of the doors looked to be alarmed.
      The classrooms are in the open and not surrounded by anything so you are likely to be spotted by security or tourists.
      We had a run in with security who were quite well mannered and laid back. All they said was that we were not to go near the building as it is a demolition site. 
      Explored with @little_boy_explores

History

Student Centre

I can't believe they left this in the open

Gymnasium

We didn't need to this door

Classrooms

• By UrbanLurking
      Glen Parva was constructed on the site of the former Glen Parva Barracks in the early 1970s as a borstal and has always held young offenders. Since its opening in 1974 the establishment has seen considerable expansion and change and now serves a catchment area of over 100 courts, holding a mixture of sentenced, unsentenced, and remand prisoners.
      In 1997, Her Majesty's Chief Inspector of Prisons walked out of an inspection at Glen Parva because conditions were so bad. After a subsequent inspection a year later, the report stated that there was "hope for the future" for the prison but added that a lot of work still needed to be done, and recommended that some staff should be moved because of their attitude towards inmates.

Our  Explore: 
      Late night mission to this place made the entry a slight more easy then in the daylight, secca made this explore a lot more challenging haha! but a shame it had to be in the dark and access to most of the rooms made me see only a slight percentage of this place.  but i seen what i wanted to thankfully! And cheers to the lot that helped! 

Enjoy the pics the few of them the rest are for the  archives 

• By SticksandDrones
      This is my first Urbex adventure. I recently moved to West Sussex and though I'd have a look around at some popular and easily accessible sites to explore. I stumbled upon Bedham Chapel and after some quick research, I found the location and travelled there. We drove down a single track road until spotted it in the woodland below us. We parked a few hundred metres further down the road and set out on foot to get there.

This is my video report that I captured and I apologise for the clickbaity title of the video and the fact that it's so weird it looks staged. But it really isn't! My girlfriends reaction to this is real and we were definitely creeped out by our find. If anyone has any idea of what this ceremony was about, please let me know!

Video Link