Hi All,

I am a complete newbie to urban exploration and after viewing several websites etc I have decided to step into the light!

Any advice on sites to visit in Surrey would be greatly appreciated.

Additionally (please do not judge) I am going to be visiting any recommended sites with my 10 year old son. He is also an avid photographer and joins in my passion for long forgotten places.

Any help or points in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Spyro xx

Hi Spyro welcome to the forum and cheers for taking the time to say hi.

I will get back to you regarding the best ways of coming across locations etc.

Your request is different as more open walk in accessible to cater for both and creates the next generation.

There are ways we do things together to ensure who we share with are sound.

:thumb

Any help or points in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Spyro xx

Always carry Vaseline, don't ask why because when you need it you will know!

What sort of spots do you intend to visit?

Guest Dubbednavigator
Such a shame you were not around just a few short years ago. You had two beauts right on your door step :-)

Aye, now only in pictures :(

Welcome along to OS, plenty to be found having a search about, hope to see some reports soon :)

Guest Scattergun

Welcome aboard mate, you'll like it here. Couldn't really help with that area but I'm sure some of the more seasoned folk closer to there can be more helpful. Best way to find things is just to head out and see what you can see. It's vague I know but it's how we all start. A wee rummage through google will yield some interesting bits and bobs too ;)

Wow, thanks guys for such a warm welcome. I am feeling really good about this community xx

I have been researching today and come up with a few places to visit at the weekend. We are going to start off with something really simple and probably considered boring to you guys but I need to easy lil one into it without freaking him out!!! We are going to visit Brookwood Cemetry. Have been looking into places like the Ashley Road Tunnels, Surbiton Hospital and whats left of West Park. Found Hollywood Lodge but all the windows are bricked up and there is no way in :dunno:.

Hopefully have something to report back on early next week. Again thanks for the huge welcome and any suggestions etc are greatly appreciated.

Well done mate, self research is always a good starting point, a lot of the seasoned guys are very wary of newbies asking the "Where can I go " question, and although we are not a tourist information centre we are open to helping those who help themselves.

Welcome to one of the most enlightening and exciting hobbies that you will ever come across

:thumb