Coming back to exploring after an enforced sabbatical in a couple of weeks and would like to team up with some regular buddies, located in the cambridge/suffolk/Essex area for exploring, I am not an exploring 'virgin' so not as clumsy as i was !! PM if interested

Steve

I am indeed and Essex boy and so's SK but we don't dance around our handbags at nightclubs

Looking forward to a meet up soon mate

:thumb

Hey there Ghost.

If it's the same person I recall getting very drunk with you under Wiltshire on one occasion, funny times!

Welcome back mate! :-)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Rob Adventures
      Hello everyone. I was refereed to join the forum from the Facebook group. Im from Ohio, USA and have followed urban exploring for a while. Recently I started getting out and doing it myself. I mainly film videos and post them on youtube but I also take pictures when I'm scouting new areas. I was out the other day scouting an area and took some pictures. I'm looking forward to going back.

• By Nelly
      Christmas has been a bit quiet for me splore wise and I was clucking for a couple of hours out. So it was a quick visit to a couple of local splores

Prisoner of War Camp 116 was set up in 1941 to house Italian prisoners of war, and from 1943-1944 it mainly held German and Austrian prisoners.

The POW's were allowed out to work on the nearby farms and one local has this memory of it......
      "The Austrian and German prisoners of war were kept in a camp at Hatfield Heath and sent out daily to 'help on the land'.
      Our first batch were Austrian and they were hard workers and Mum was so sorry for them she looked at their ration for the day and promptly invited them to share our food - they even ate with us.
      The next lot were German and all but one of those were also polite, hard workers and they too shared our food and ate in the kitchen with us.
      My biggest impression was the way they stood whenever Mum got up and would never sit until she too sat down.
      Dad corresponded for some time with one of them, a Walter Scheile from Beilefeld in Germany."
      The English Heritage Document entitled "PRISONER OF WAR CAMPS (1939 – 1948)" has this to say about it

Camp 116
      (Mill Lane Camp, Hatfield Heath) conforms to the so-called ‘Standard’ layout, with the guards’
      compound consisting of MoWP huts, while the living huts are all timber Laing huts.

• By PowerSurge
      After a very successful previous visit it was decided to return to these beautiful old loco sheds and test out some of photographic skills some of you guys had passed onto us.
      As well as me and my exploring partner in crime Trench, we were also accompanied by KUE members The Daddy and new guy kenwilson.
      Once again thanks to Network Rail for letting us enter these old buildings. I personally can’t get enough of these sheds and had to be dragged away by the team so as
      we could get home

An old Train Coupler (I Think)

Im very happy with the following pics
      The Team shot

I really enjoyed returning to these sheds. And it was brilliant to be able to be in them as it got darker. Thanks to Trench, The Daddy and kenwilson for coming along for the ride
    • By Perjury Saint

A completely ruined chateau in the Belgium countryside... But what a ruin! Worth a visit just for the glass elevator shaft...
      A bit of a trapse through the woods and we get the first glimpse...

Thanks for lookin' in...

• By Curious George
      Summer is making it's way fast and it's time to plan this years "Safety Not Guranteed"-tour !
      Last year I went on a weekend tour to Belgium, with another Urbex stranger and it was great fun. So why not repeat it?
      I'm up for almost any country in Europe and I have spots in almost every country too
      So yeah, would anybody be up for it?