Wevsky

UK South Forelands Deep Shelter Number 1 AUGUST 2013

It may have reached some peoples attention that i got a fisheye lens yesterday ,so itching to get out and play underground when Obscurity asked if i was free i jumped at the chance..So im very sorry there is fisheye overkill..If fisheye offends please look away now

Visted with Obscurity and as he didnt bring his tripod down i asked him to help with the lighting in some shots and thanks for suggesting the angle in shot number 1 :thumb

some blagged hitsory

Two large deep shelters have been found at South Foreland Battery, the first of which had been sealed in the late 1980's and re-opened again in 2002. Conditions inside are poor with wet rot and fungus growing everywhere, possibly posing a health risk. Two sealed exits also appear slightly unstable. This particular shelter was excavated in 1941 by 172 Tunnelling Coy and No.1 Section, 171 Tunnelling Coy. R.E. to provide accommodation and shelter to the gun crews at the Battery site

DSC_0033.jpg

DSC_0025.jpg

Back filled entrance/exit

DSC_0023.jpg

DSC_0027.jpgDSC_0013.jpg

DSC_0015.jpg

DSC_0005.jpg

CSC_0030.jpg

DSC_0019.jpg

Thanks for looking and yes not every ones cup of tea with the over kill but you where warned!

Edited by Wevsky

Works well and looking good .

Maybe a slight scratch on it mate if you look bottom left ?

lolz

:thumb

NOOO its fine lol

I didn't realise you had a fish eye mate!!

You kept that quiet!!!

NOT!!!

:comp:

ah me keep things quiet..never..the pc emoticon mate youve put its been linked aleready lol..scroll up :)

ah me keep things quiet..never..the pc emoticon mate youve put its been linked aleready lol..scroll up :)

Ah yeah, Duh!!!

Guest Scattergun

Excellent stuff, that looks dynamite. Really gotta get my arse into doin some more shelters. New lens is workin well, love the corridor junction shots :)

Excellent stuff, that looks dynamite. Really gotta get my arse into doin some more shelters. New lens is workin well, love the corridor junction shots :)

its all about the junction shots mate ;)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By coolboyslim
      Whats This a report from me NOOOOOO Wayyyy lol. Sorry aint been upping much hopefully that will change.
      Anyways i know a few been here etc but thought i would up mine.

History:
      Not much im afraid and i aint copying anyone else. What i do know is a pub/club was underneath and its been up for sale quite a bit. Also it has some lovely terracotta walls etc .

Explore:
      Visited on a invite from @GRONK after a little look with @stranton and mentioned it to gronk has it could be worth a visit has me and strant didn't get time. And even though a lot is trashed a lot was deffo worth the trip. And getting in well it was more open than some of the ladies of the night i have seen in both Leeds and Sheffield lol. A big difference from when me and strant went.
      Anyways on with what you want to see the pics. so enjoy all.

A few shots from bar area ..

Dont forget your coat lol..

Now my fave bits ..

@GRONK getting in my shot lol

The smell in here ffs was unreal. #URBEXPOO lol

Ok thats it for now enjoy sll. Will deffo try to get some more done. If not before crimbo have a cracking Christmas all  and a urbex filled 2018 for all. Thanks for looking.....
    • By Lavino
      Visited with @albino jay and @GK-WAX and thanks again to jay for doing the driving and I also stole your history mate because I couldn’t find any hope you don’t mind. We was passing by the mill on our way home so popped in for a look. And glad we did I like these old mills. And the demo team were already on site so don’t know how long it has left to stand. So here’s the history and pics..

Steam-powered worsted-spinning mill built around 1850 on Black Brook.

Owners and tenants of the mills have included
      James Nutton & Company [1863]
      John Horsfall & Sons Limited [1896]
      F. K. Adcock & Company [1936]
      Part of the Mills are still standing though no longer used.
      The mill had a 170 ft tall chimney which was struck by lightning in 1967. The chimney was reduced in height – to avoid further strikes – and was finally demolished in March/April 1992

The majority of the Mills were demolished in 2017.

The mill by Lavino lavino[/

The mill by Lavino lavino, on Flickr

url=https://flic.kr/p/H2Q9pV]The mill by Lavino lavino, on Flickr

• By yonaguni

this house always interested me..the yard was filled with junk..old cars..and other junk..it gave the appearence of being abandoned but someone clearly lived there

the area became prime real estate..mcmansions went up and taxes went up..i knew this houses wouldent last....i went by and saw it was finally empty
      the 1st floor was a neat gloomy  house

rooms that feel like a horror movie

all the lights hung poorly..surpised there wasent a fir from them..

see more of that in a bit

upstairs'

the upstairs was nthing but an attic...no bedrooms or bathroom..this was a single floor home..

basement

a wood burning heater...thats an old way to heat a house

the last thing still hanging that shows the personality of the owner

odd old stained glass

not sure what that is...

..the dead and prarie home companion

There are a few male voices caught inside one seems like another lanuage

• By Serenity4
      This place has been on the radar for a while now but never got the chance to properly take a look. The dome itself can be seen for quite a few miles across the surrounding areas. Not a great deal of information available other than it looks like some sort of water treatment site/reservoir possibly used by the MOD, given the land its situated on. It doesn't appear to be fully derelict either as you can still here the sound of running water and the grass seems to be trimmed.

The explore went as planned, few dog walkers here and there, other than that spent a little while looking around.

• By jones-y-gog
      First things first - this place is a death-trap. Simple as that. And it's quite likely to be worse now than it was when I went. But as I have a bit of an obsession about redundant old cinemas and theatres I left all common sense at the entrance.

The building still shows signs of its grand past but sadly any possibility of saving it looks pretty slim, although a Trust has been set up to try to preserve it and bring it back into use.

The four-storey building, designed by G. B. Rawcliffe, opened in 1894 as a music hall, before being converted to a cinema in 1938. It was last used as a bingo hall in 1995. 

^^^ Not sure about that!