Hi everyone,

I'm totally new to all of this. Really want to start exploring but currently seems my friends don't (just yet).

Id be grateful for any tips really and where to go - I'm in the Cambridgeshire area.

Hopefully see you around.

Grace

hello grace ..there are many resources at your disposal ,search Cambridgeshire in google and add the word Urbex to the end of the search term..theres probably people on here in your area aswel..try the search bar on the forum also see what comes up :)

Hello

I'm pretty new and none of my friends explore either but there's some friendly people on here (as opposed to some other forums)

It doesn't happen overnight but I reckon things are starting to click

Thanks guys for your messages and thanks jones-y-gog for letting me know that. Always scary trying to do something new. There are a couple of places near me so hoping to get a look round those in a few weeks. It's something I've wanted to do for years but been too timid.

Welcome along mate, start with the Mullard Telescope, a relaxed walk in!!!

:thumb

More fun if you climb it tho..

Guest Scattergun

Hello Grace, welcome to the forum. As long as you're level headed and careful this is a really cool hobby :) There's all sorts of stuff lying about to be explored. Follow the guys advice, there's plenty of experience on here to help you out. Good luck.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By franconiangirl
      I don´t have much information about the small brewery which is located in the south of Germany. The current owner is a guy from England, who disappeared some years ago. Since then, the building has been left to decay. The story hit some headlines in the local newspapers. 

Small, but I loved it anyway!

• By franconiangirl
      The small chapel is idyllically situated on the hillside. Standing at the foot of the hill, the building is almost invisble. Thanks to the season, the knowing eye is able to spot the chapel between the sparse vegetation. Following up the slope for few minutes, a small weather-beaten wall appears. Climibing up the wall, there´s a small, overgrown path to follow.

Inside the chapel it´s silent. Peaceful. The roof is full of holes - traces of the ravages of time. Ivy climbs steadily through the biggest of them. There´s still a large crucifix on the wall. The detailed depiction of Jesus is still in an unbelievable excellent condition. While Jesus looks as good as new, everything around him is decaying relentlessly. 

Unfortunately, I hardly have any information about the chapel. Old commemorative plaques testify that the chapel was probably errected by a local noble family. The building should be far more than 100 years old by now. 

• By MiaroDigital
      A small pottery in east germany...

Kleine Tonfabrik 01 by Miaro Digital, auf Flickr

Kleine Tonfabrik 02 by Miaro Digital, auf Flickr

Kleine Tonfabrik 03 by Miaro Digital, auf Flickr

Kleine Tonfabrik 04 by Miaro Digital, auf Flickr
    • By Andy
      Just a small chapel on the roadside. I don't know anything about the history.

Visited with @The_Raw.

• By Nelly
      Just up the road from the picturesque Dobbs Weir is an overgrown plot of land that I have been driving past for months.
      Behind the brambles is a what looks like a very large collapsing shed, every time I turn my head at it and wonder if there is anything of interest in it.
      Had it been bigger and made of brick then I would have been in like a shot, but this? Is it going to be worth the trek and the scratches??
      It turns out that its called 'Picardy', probably named after the province in Northern France famed for The Battle of the Somme, so I did my normal research and came up with a very sad news paper article about the place
      It would appear that there was a caravan type mobile home in the garden of Picardy, it's not clear whether anybody still lived in the house itself at the time, but going by the dates on some of the stuff inside then I would guess that the house was in such a poor state of repair that it was abandoned and the caravan in the garden became the new home.
      The caravan base is just visible through the sea of stinging nettles
      In September 2010 a planning application for 4 detached houses was rejected by Epping Forest Council

So, it on with the photos and I'll let you see what you make of the place

Thanks for looking