Perjury Saint

UK North Wales Hospital, Denbigh. Aug '13

...North Wales Hospital...

...Denbigh...

Designed by architect Carl Johan Aru to originally accommodate between 60 and 200 patients, the building dates back to 1848, and originally had its own farm and gasworks. Planned for closure by Enoch Powell from the 1960s, it was closed in sections from 1991 to 2002.

Now derelict, on October 31, 2008, Most Haunted did a live series, The Village of the Damned on location in the North Wales Hospital which spanned over the course of a week. The producers of the show were criticized by residents of Denbigh for slurs against the town and the hospital.

On 22 November 2008, during work to renovate the building site and convert it to apartments and residential properties, the building caught fire; it was later confirmed that the main hall of the hospital was destroyed. Arson is suspected.

Currently on the buildings at risk register, planning permission has currently lapsed, while Denbighshire Council are planning urgent repairs and to bill the current owners/developers.

After an aborted attempt to meet up with the SO'CC on the final leg of their Welsh jolly, I ended up here... One of the first big sites I did last year, but with no camera 1st time round I was always keen to get back and get some pix...

No sign of 'beardy' or the psycho security crew who were in residence when we were last here, turned out to be a really relaxed mooch...

IMG_6024-L.jpg

IMG_6023-L.jpg den1-L.jpg

IMG_5993-L.jpg

IMG_5986-L.jpg IMG_5989-L.jpg

IMG_6013-L.jpg

IMG_5978-L.jpg IMG_5970-L.jpg

IMG_6033-L.jpg

IMG_6036-L.jpg

IMG_6043-L.jpg

IMG_5961-L.jpg IMG_6038-L.jpg

IMG_5971-L.jpg

IMG_6048-L.jpg

IMG_5998-L.jpg

Thanks for lookin...

I like what youve done with the old girl..proper good use of the wangle mate :thumb

Edited by Wevsky

Guest Scattergun

Great set of shots mate, well taken :) The admin interior ones are proper! I don't care how fucked it is, I love the place and that main entrance is still on eof the most imposing hospital Buildings I've seen.

Guest PROJ3CTM4YH3M

Very nice report pal! you done good with the internals! really like 4,5 & 6

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By jw94
      Not a lot about this place, I believe the bowling part shut down in 2009 and then the crystal maze part shut down in 2010. Oakwood own this place and have no plans for it besides letting it rot away. Whoever is trying to look after this place is attempting to keep people out. Heard about this place from a different site, easy to find, such a pain in the arse to get into as there's a very tight gap to try and squeeze through..

Thee maze is bigger than first thought, only uploaded a few pictures of that. 

• By jones-y-gog
      One from the vault. Did a quick search on this one and surprisingly saw very little in the way of reports - so thought I'd share my take on it.

Back in the day this place was quite infamous - mostly it seems due to the few 'bad apples' that lurk within the exploring community. Stories of looting and selling out to the media were rife. 

It is quite a special place for me as its the kind of place that's close to where my ancestors lived and I can imagine its the kind of place they would call home. Its located in a wild and isolated place, it would have been a harsh and bleak landscape to live in at times but in its own way stunning and beautiful. 

I visited twice in the early part of 2015. The house had obviously been left unoccupied a very long time until it suddenly appeared on the radar. The owners had become aware of this and tried securing it.  On my first visit I noticed a big new shiny padlock was in place on the outhouse. When I returned about a month later the whole door had been smashed. A little later all doors and windows were boarded up, leading to an unofficial renaming by one clever wordsmith as Shroud Cottage. It appears that also didn't deter those with no sense of respect in the search for 15 minutes of Facebook fame. 

Enough of the backstory and on with the pictures:

• By stevieboy
      Say "Saltersgate Inn" on our away weekend and the reading is fascinating

https://www.thewhitbyguide.co.uk/the-legend-of-the-saltersgate-inn-part-1/