thecrazyfool

Church of Bones, Belgium – July, 2013

A derelict and old church in deepest Belgium. Quiet big but definitely trashed with the graves opened by grave robbers one would think. I think the lighting makes it here!

The place is filled with pigeon poo and the pigeons themselves and it had a stench of pigeons!

As usual I can’t really find much information on the place but from what I saw the church was built in the mid 19th century if one of the marking on the beams was to be believed.

This was one of the last places saw on roadtrip in sunny July. I guess I’m working backwards on my reports!

Visited with Wevsky, SX-Riff-Raff and Space Invader.

Pictures:

IMG_1478_1484_zps84e747fd.jpg

IMG_1578_79_80_81_82_83_84_tonemapped_zps9f2411b5.jpg

IMG_1585_1591_zps65016bae.jpg

IMG_1506-1512_zps5f3f75aa.jpg

IMG_1530-1533_zps24f9078d.jpg

IMG_1611_2_3_4_5_6_tonemapped_zps0bab535e.jpg

IMG_1596_7_8_9_tonemapped_zps77cf5a0a.jpg

Pigeon Church has a Belgian rival! Looks like it was rather pretty in it's better days, lovely shots :)

:comp:

Edited by starlight

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Baldrickthecunning
      This was an odd explore, from the front of the building it looked like a standard office block but the inside told a different story.
      First off, some fairly standard looking CNC machines - but the further in we ventured the clearer it became. There was an entire production line left in situ for making alloy wheels!
      Each stage of the build process had its own machining area and the wheels were transported from one area to the next on a huge conveyor system - everything from milling, shot blasting, heat treatment, lacquering and pressure testing. Many of the machines had lot numbers attached and it was my guess that it wouldn't be long before everything including an immaculate rack of machine tools were auctioned off.
      We gradually made our way to the front of the building, where the only notable room was a small laboratory - still half equipped. An enjoyable explore and a good end to the day.
      Visited with Jaff Fox and thanks to H for his info.

This sign, roughly translated means: food and drink are strictly prohibited in the lacquer plant.

Mr. B!
    • By Baldrickthecunning
      Feels strange to be writing an introduction. I guess a lot of you will already know me, either from Facebook or my Derelict Places days. I am Marlon and used to post under the alias mr_bones, I havn't used any forums in years but look forward to sharing some reports (old and new) with a forum which is run by decent level headed and like-minded people.

• By SuZyQue
      After a mess up with directions on a saturday explore decided to go for a walk with Miss CSI on sunday and see this lovely old church, been before and love it every time I see it.
      Heres some history:-
      St.Andrew's church is a partly redundant anglican church in covehithe suffolk, it's grade I listed. Part of the church is in ruins and is under the churches conservation trust. It stands on a lane leading to the sea, which has suffered significant ongoing coastal erosion. The eldest fabric in the original large medieval church dates from the 14th century but most of it from the 15th century. During the civil war of charles 1st much of the stained glass was destroyed. By the later part of that century
      the large church was too expensive for the parishioners to maintain, they were given permission in 1672 to remove the
      roof and to build a smaller church within it. The pews were 15th Century and the pulpit is 17th century.
      Enjoy the pics:-

• By Space Invader
      visited with oliver GT and rustproofhawk ...
      After trying to see as much of Belgium as we could in four days, we all decided that im power station would be high on the list . The size of this place is immense and i found myself putting my tripod down wondering round and absorbing as much of the place as possible ive been back twice to this site and shots are from all three trips my apologies for not being able to find any history ...
      on with the pics ...
      IM POWER STATION

control room...

the cooling tower ...

thanks for looking