Timster1973

Belgium Gravestone Church/Eglis SV - July 2013

Evening all,

Small set from this well visited church in Belgium which is next door to a large cop shop!

We arrived on a Sunday and found our way in. For those in the know, when this church closed, the bodies were moved and interred into the ground so a large hole has been left. I didn't see the bones as I was too busy dodging the piles of pigeon poo that has mounted up from the countless birds that occupy this place.

I did what I wanted and waited for the others outside in the fresh air.

9397791501_107bef277b_z.jpg

9434213241_4cbe45ca57_z.jpg

9671672457_f36dbfb3f6_z.jpg

9596437537_f36de42b32_z.jpg

9672146091_9af6545698_z.jpg

9672305421_01f3e947ee_z.jpg

Thanks for looking in.

Place looks cool and pics to match Tim .

As for bones they would be under what looks like 4" of Pigeon sh£t :eek:

Great stuff and thanks for the share bud

:thumb

Quite liked this place apart from the poop of course..youve captured it well mate..i tried to get up the tower but those wooden steps just wasnt doing it for me

Excellent set mate!!

love how nicely bright and light they are..

Most pics of this place turn out almost black, so definitely a nice different view! Well done.

Have to say I also missed the bones. Same story, took the shots I wanted and left... God, that smell.. :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By teddybear
      And old 18 century house with had a bank function.The building is stripped of all furniture an will probably be renovated in some future.
      Needed to be a little bit inventive to gain access to this one. But later I was all alone, with the only sound coming from the people in front of the building.

IMG_1541 by Bart Hamradio, on Flickr
      IMG_1534-bewerkt by Bart Hamradio, on Flickr
      IMG_1519-bewerkt by Bart Hamradio, on Flickr
      IMG_1488 by Bart Hamradio, on Flickr
      IMG_1453 by Bart Hamradio, on Flickr
      IMG_1441-bewerkt by Bart Hamradio, on Flickr
      IMG_1450-bewerkt by Bart Hamradio, on Flickr

• By sj9966
      Some pics from this once excellent, now demolished morgue that was part of the Harold Wood Hospital in Essex.
      Not too many locations like this in the UK at present, few and far between!
      Visited in July 2011.

• By TrevBish.co.uk
      Bowling World – Belgium Closed in late 2015. It closed due to a decline in custom and proposed development on the site of this bowling alley and dance hall next door.

• By oldskool

This place is been on my to do list since i first saw photos of it some years back , in my mind no photo or video footage can do it any kind of justice ,you have to see with your own eyes to take in the vastness and extreme detail of the 400 year old building....Gaining access was no joke at midnight recce to check access was a must then park up just outside the city for a few hours sleep in the car or shall i say try to sleep with the Critical NOISE Machine aka Critical Mass Snorer ..........Ok skip forward to 5am checking out the city streets looking for any sign of activity ....all clear so we made out move and gained entry made our way to the main floor and sat it out till day break ....i looked for history online but wasnt able to find any but Fritz managed to get me some from a Dutch site the translation isnt 100% so bare with it .....1.
      The Fair in the Belgian city of Antwerp is located in the Twelve Months Street, a smallside street of the Meir. The current building is a reconstruction from 1872. The original building, "the mother of all fairs, dated from 1531. This building is not to be confused with the Old Exchange in the Hofstraat.The trade is in a late Brabant Gothic style by Joseph Schadde, after the fire in 1858 the fair in the ashes. Twice in the history of the stock market burned down in 1583 and in 1858.2.From the end of the fifteenth century, the importance of Bruges as an international huboff. After 1531 Antwerp took the role as a trading center of Brugge. Since the market wasdominated by Spanish and Portuguese. Beursplein in Antwerp was a rectangular square with four sides covered galleries, with regulations as in Bruges, as well as opening andclosing times.3.The Bourse of Antwerp is perhaps designed to preview the Bruges Beursplein: a public place in the open air with some canopies where one could hide. The design of the new exhibition refers to here. It is built on top of an existing street intersection in the planoriginally had no roof.4.On the initiative of Thomas Gresham, the representative of the British Crown in Antwerp,in 1565 the London Stock Exchange opened on the model of this square. It was also "thebourse", and to Queen Elizabeth after a visit on January 23, 1570 decided that the Royal Exchange had to be. [1] The Stock Exchange of Rotterdam was established by decision of the town council "to ordain a bruised or too Plaetse, daer the coop heure meetingordinary people were allowed to have been "dated January 30, 15955.
      , Amsterdamfollowed 1611.Currently the trade is deserted and neglected, when the real estate company Breevastwith the renovation of this listed building will begin is not yet clear.6.7.8.9.10.11.12.13.DoelDoel is a subdivision of the municipality of Beveren in the Flemish province of Oost-Vlaanderen. It is located near the river the Scheldt, in a polder of the Waasland.To the north of Doel one can find the Electrabel-owned Nuclear Plant Doel with 4 reactors with a total output of 2,8 GW delivering electricity to customers in Belgium, the Netherlands and Germany.Doel is threatened with complete demolition due to the future enlargement of the harbour of Antwerp. This has seen many people having to sell their homes to the development corporation of that enlargement. Many historical buildings that will be destroyed.Visited with Critical Mass & Host14.15.16.17.18.19.20.21.22.23.24.Thanks for looking Oldskool..........