urbex13

Belgium Belgian Business 2012-2013

The Trip/Report

This is a short collection of snaps from two trips I've made to Belgium with my girlfriend over the past year and a half. I've only just signed up but hopefully these are illustrative of the sort of things I've been up to recently(ish). I won't include history as all of them have been covered extensively and I'm unsure as to how much detail is appropriate considering the more anonymous nature of our Belgian friends. If anyone (mods etc.) want specific history then I'll be happy to edit and include anything necessary.

The Pictures

The Horror Labs

P5022482-Edittif.jpg

P5022508-Edittif.jpg

P5022509-Edittif.jpg

The Crypt

P5032547_48_49_50_tonemapped-Edittif.jpg

P5032524_5_6_7_tonemapped-Edittif.jpg

P5032528_29_30_tonemapped-Edittif.jpg

The Chamber of Commerce

P5032675-Edittif.jpg

P5032656_7_8_tonemapped.jpg

P5032580_1_2_3_4_tonemapped-Edittif.jpg

P5032607_08_09_10_tonemapped-Edittif.jpg

Château de Noisy

P9010431_2_3_4_5_tonemapped.jpg

P9010607_08_09_10_11_fused-Edittif.jpg

P9010590_1_2_3_4_fused_stitch-Edittif.jpg

P9010527_8_9_fused-Edittif.jpg

P9010579-Edittif.jpg

Thanks for looking,

Thirteen.

Thats a really cracking set and covering some cool locations with it.

Also agree with respecting of location Specifics as in some instances just not needed at all.

Great stuff and thank you for sharing

:thumb

:comp:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By obscureserenity
      Red Morgue Hospital

History

I couldn't find huge amount history on this location but from what I've gathered the hospital was built at some point in the early 20th century. It was funded by investors and at a time when nursing care was predominately carried out by the clergy. They wanted the hospital to become more secular in order to distance themselves from the church. 

The hospital was mainly used for surgery and featured several operating theatres but later on a maternity ward and outpatient clinic was introduced. About 90 years later the orginal hospital building was combined with a larger nearby hospital. The Red Morgue hospital was eventually closed around 2013. By this time it was only used to see outpatients, as most of it's services were provided by the new hospital which was more modern and sophisticated. 

Visit

Visited with @darbians on a weekend trip to Belgium. I was really keen to see this one after finding out about it and seeing a few photographs. It was great to see an old hospital in fairly good condition with some items still left, combined with a nice bit of decay.  As always,  hope you enjoy my photos 😄

(Spot the rookie error 🤣)

If you've got this far, thanks for reading!
    • By bob
      Some well known steel industry stuff.

I found no one to go with me last sunday but i was very eager to check this place, so I went alone for a bit of scouting.

My carefully crafted path on google maps turned out as usual a bit shitty (dang they removed that bridge...)  but i found an easy entrance and walked in quite a few big empty buildings i assumed were full >< 

Going out i saw a guy with a fluo yellow jacket smoking near his car... Waited a bit and tried to go 30m in front of him as i had to go back... No reaction, i didnt look, oh well... Let's go to the coke plant...

A car with an open door as i'm approaching, dogs start barking :s Big detour. The coke plant is double fenced and theres barb wire grr.

I started with the old part but being a bit (very) tired and out of water now i decided to call it a day and crawl back 300km to my car... Not a very good idea to go alone the first time in those kind of places i guess...

p.s.: I just saw the head of the guy with the dogs, no idea if it was security, the car was something like a dark grey/black maybe citroen c5, not quite "security" looking...

• By Wevsky
      These are the shots that even i cant stretch to a report on each of them..
      So i thought id lump them into a combined report.
      Uni l

L'ecole Labryinth

IM cooling tower

One more report at some point then im done..thanks for putting up with the huge amount of reportage!
    • By Wevsky
      Think ive got the name right,well the name people give it over there!
      Visited with SpaceInvader and Sx-riffraff....
      Not my usual haunt but had some nice odds and sods left behind if a little hard to photograph what with the lack of room so heres a small selection of the pics i took!

thanks for looking