northerngeek

Beware of photobuckets terms of use

I was going to post reports with photos, so I checked out photobucket and flickr. And I became a bit concerned. From the photobucket terms of use: When you make your Content public, you grant us a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free license (with the right to sublicense) to copy, distribute, stream, post publicly display (e.g. post it elsewhere), reproduce and create derivative works from it (meaning things based on it), anywhere, whether in print or any kind of electronic version that exists now or is later developed, for any purpose, including a commercial purpose.

By making your content public, you are also giving other Members on Photobucket the right to copy, distribute, publicly perform, publicly display, reproduce and create derivative works from it via the Site, third party websites or applications (for example, via services allowing Members to order prints of Content or t-shirts and similar items containing Content, and via social media websites), provided such use is not for a commercial purpose. Because of this I will not upload my photos on photobucket. Maybe you are already aware of this. I just wanted to make sure you were. (Sorry about the messy layout.)

I was going to post reports with photos, so I checked out photobucket and flickr. And I became a bit concerned. From the photobucket terms of use: When you make your Content public, you grant us a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free license (with the right to sublicense) to copy, distribute, stream, post publicly display (e.g. post it elsewhere), reproduce and create derivative works from it (meaning things based on it), anywhere, whether in print or any kind of electronic version that exists now or is later developed, for any purpose, including a commercial purpose.

By making your content public, you are also giving other Members on Photobucket the right to copy, distribute, publicly perform, publicly display, reproduce and create derivative works from it via the Site, third party websites or applications (for example, via services allowing Members to order prints of Content or t-shirts and similar items containing Content, and via social media websites), provided such use is not for a commercial purpose. Because of this I will not upload my photos on photobucket. Maybe you are already aware of this. I just wanted to make sure you were. (Sorry about the messy layout.)

I always set mine to private, Photobucket does give you that option but i do understand your concern :)

Yep I do the same keep set to private opposed to public that way you can still share via the link provided and other may see when posted on the forum.

If either photobucket or flicker were ever to use users images there would be a mass exodus which they are more than aware of hence they never have over the years.

:thumb

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Maniac
      Bit of very old derp for you

• By Funlester
      I have been wanting to go here for years and finally got round to going earlier this month on a 2 day tour.
      It was awesome to go and so hard to explain what its like there.
      The Chernobyl disaster was a catastrophic nuclear accident that occurred on 26 April 1986 at the Chernobyl Nuclear Power Plant in Ukraine, which was under the direct jurisdiction of the central authorities of the Soviet Union, Id put more but you all must know about it.
      Here are a few of the photos I took

• By Merryprankster
      Lovely art deco cinema tucked away in sunny south brum, this was the second time i tried this place, first time was a fail but its not too far from me so it was only a matter of time until it happened. pain in the bum of a place to light up, light comes tearing through the few windows that are in this place and makes for very uneven lighting, should really learn to layer different exposures but hey ho.
      bit of history
      The Royalty Cinema was opened on 20th October 1930 with Maurice Chevalier in "The Love Parade". It was built for and operated by the local independent Selly Oak Pictures Ltd.
      The Royalty Cinema was taken over by the Associated British Cinemas(ABC) chain in March 1935. ABC closed the cinema on 2nd November 1963 with Cliff Robertson in "P.T.109". It was converted into a Mecca Bingo Club, and in 2010 it is operating as a Gala Bingo Club.
      In the summer of 2011, the Royalty Cinema was designated a Grade II Listed building by English Heritage.
      n 2012 police raided the cinema and discovered that the attic was being used as a cannabis factory. 40 plants were found, together with 10-15 kilos of dried cannabis leaves.
      the royalty has been empty since the raid.
      picture time

thanks for looking, have fun and stay safe kids.
    • By Shortstaa
      well i thought id go and see what all the fuss was about and set off early in the morning to find the beast that is cwm coke. im still blown away by the size of the place if im honest. there cant be that many places around quit like it. to date i would say it was the best 6 hours of urban exploring i have had.
      anyway, i wont say anything about the history as im pretty sure everyone knows it and to be honest i dont know a lot about the place other than its amazing..
      hope you enjoy the photos

• By northerngeek
      I'm realising there's a lot of ue stuff happening on Facebook. (The Oblivion State Facebook Group is quite fantastic :-) )
      So there's a lot of fun to gain by posting ue reports and photos on Facebook. (Obviously)
      But.
      If I post ue reports from a profile with my real name I'll be sort of documenting my own crimes, right? Yet I see quite a few seems to do so. Anyone of you ever get in trouble for it?
      If I post on Facebook, or post links on Facebook, I give Facebook "a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, worldwide license to use..." (According to their terms of use) And I don't want that. And yet I see a lot of pro photographers etc post stuff there. Are they ok with giving away license for their work? Or is it so much to gain from posting there that it's worth it? Probably, I guess. Or maybe many just doesn't think about it?
      Have anyone found their works sold off? It's a risk vs gain assessment thingy, I guess, where the chance to show people your works goes along with the risk of expliotation of it. And it seems lots of folks thinks it's worth the risk. Maybe it's just me being odd.
      I would like to hear you thoughts on this.