TrevBish.co.uk

Belgium Expedition Antarctique - Belgium - December 2013

This was part of the "Suits On Tour". Were 9 of us travelled to Belgium and decided to wear suits the whole time and our group shots. We did get some rather abusing looks from the locals!

This has been on my list for a very very long time since first seeing this on Facebook. We got in and found these beautiful machines. We bumped into the owners son when we was in there. He explained that he did not understand the fuss of people coming to visit these from all over Europe! We had a long chat with the bloke and he was happy to give us 10 minutes. These have been here for over 40 years. The guys dad was employed by the Belgium government to be in charge of the expedition. After it was all over the government did not know what to do with these beautiful machines. there was 3 of them and these are 2. The other one is in a museum in Belgium on show. The present day does not have much planned for these. It is a shame no one wants them and the owner was asking us for ideas! Hopefully these will be kept and preserved for the future.

IMG_0166-2_zps0369b409.jpg

IMG_0172-2_zpsa2536770.jpg

IMG_0167_zps3ec1237a.jpg

IMG_0173_zpsaf766e61.jpg

IMG_0171_zps844c87dd.jpg

IMG_0170-2_zpsd0e44067.jpg

IMG_0169-2_zps24fe68fb.jpg

I have found pictures of the other one in the museum and have attached below. Copyright: Brussels Air Museum

098_zps08ba67a1.jpg

095_zps42e8160d.jpg

096_zps85f2f3a6.jpg

098a_zps55ded89f.jpg

Thank You!

How fascinating! That's a brilliant one to see, and I bet it was amazing to see them in the flesh so to speak! Thanks for sharing :)

:comp:

I really do love the look of these Trev and as said above certainly not the type of vehicle you come across every day.

I hadnt realized one was in a museum and thats good to hear.

Scuse the pun Cool share and dapping about in those suits must have been funny as hell :thumb

Fantastic, great research to find the old pics and the plane, love it. Top notch work :thumb

Hi trevBish.co.uk where did you see these snow cats in Belgium, I am very well interested because being an amateur film maker , I am preparing a video on antarctic expeditions, and it would be super to take some pics of them. Thanks a lot

Unfortunately they have recently been vandalized possibly for profit which is very sad.

One of the logos painted on one of the doors has been cut out ?

Images shared from the FaceBook page of OS.

1010.jpeg

Not a derelict at all yet in a barn and very much of interest yet owned?

All others wanted was to sneak a peak =(

Simply criminal damage and theft

The Tramps :whyu:

Edited by skeleton key

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By teddybear
      And old 18 century house with had a bank function.The building is stripped of all furniture an will probably be renovated in some future.
      Needed to be a little bit inventive to gain access to this one. But later I was all alone, with the only sound coming from the people in front of the building.

IMG_1541 by Bart Hamradio, on Flickr
      IMG_1534-bewerkt by Bart Hamradio, on Flickr
      IMG_1519-bewerkt by Bart Hamradio, on Flickr
      IMG_1488 by Bart Hamradio, on Flickr
      IMG_1453 by Bart Hamradio, on Flickr
      IMG_1441-bewerkt by Bart Hamradio, on Flickr
      IMG_1450-bewerkt by Bart Hamradio, on Flickr

• By Landie_Man
      Monkton Farleigh Down, Ammunition Tunnel, Wiltshire – December 2017

Moving on through my backlog of explores; to one myself and Mookster visited back in December.  It was to be a nice, slow paced Pre-Christmas day of explores; but sadly this was to be the only site we explored that day.  Unfortunately my car had developed an exhaust leak that morning and the rest of the day was rather noisy until the vehicle was repaired. 

The Monkton Farleigh ammunition depot made use of an old stone quarry below a plateau; around 450 feet above the valley floor in which ran the main line railway.  This railway was its principal source of supply.

Before the depot could be commissioned, an efficient means was required to bring in ammunition from the railway at Farleigh Down Sidings. These sidings were just over a mile from the depot as the crow flies but over four miles by road along pretty heavy going,  tortuous country lanes.
      The tunnel at Monkton Farleigh was designed to handle around 1000 tons of ammunition each day. Completion was not scheduled until 1941.

The tunnel to the railway sidings at Shockerwick was a big player in the Monkton Farleigh mine; offering a secure route which in turn, was invisible to aerial reconnaissance.

As Always everyone,  Thanks!

More At:
      https://www.flickr.com/photos/landie_man/albums/72157665020437557
    • By TrevBish.co.uk
      Bowling World – Belgium Closed in late 2015. It closed due to a decline in custom and proposed development on the site of this bowling alley and dance hall next door.

• By oldskool

This place is been on my to do list since i first saw photos of it some years back , in my mind no photo or video footage can do it any kind of justice ,you have to see with your own eyes to take in the vastness and extreme detail of the 400 year old building....Gaining access was no joke at midnight recce to check access was a must then park up just outside the city for a few hours sleep in the car or shall i say try to sleep with the Critical NOISE Machine aka Critical Mass Snorer ..........Ok skip forward to 5am checking out the city streets looking for any sign of activity ....all clear so we made out move and gained entry made our way to the main floor and sat it out till day break ....i looked for history online but wasnt able to find any but Fritz managed to get me some from a Dutch site the translation isnt 100% so bare with it .....1.
      The Fair in the Belgian city of Antwerp is located in the Twelve Months Street, a smallside street of the Meir. The current building is a reconstruction from 1872. The original building, "the mother of all fairs, dated from 1531. This building is not to be confused with the Old Exchange in the Hofstraat.The trade is in a late Brabant Gothic style by Joseph Schadde, after the fire in 1858 the fair in the ashes. Twice in the history of the stock market burned down in 1583 and in 1858.2.From the end of the fifteenth century, the importance of Bruges as an international huboff. After 1531 Antwerp took the role as a trading center of Brugge. Since the market wasdominated by Spanish and Portuguese. Beursplein in Antwerp was a rectangular square with four sides covered galleries, with regulations as in Bruges, as well as opening andclosing times.3.The Bourse of Antwerp is perhaps designed to preview the Bruges Beursplein: a public place in the open air with some canopies where one could hide. The design of the new exhibition refers to here. It is built on top of an existing street intersection in the planoriginally had no roof.4.On the initiative of Thomas Gresham, the representative of the British Crown in Antwerp,in 1565 the London Stock Exchange opened on the model of this square. It was also "thebourse", and to Queen Elizabeth after a visit on January 23, 1570 decided that the Royal Exchange had to be. [1] The Stock Exchange of Rotterdam was established by decision of the town council "to ordain a bruised or too Plaetse, daer the coop heure meetingordinary people were allowed to have been "dated January 30, 15955.
      , Amsterdamfollowed 1611.Currently the trade is deserted and neglected, when the real estate company Breevastwith the renovation of this listed building will begin is not yet clear.6.7.8.9.10.11.12.13.DoelDoel is a subdivision of the municipality of Beveren in the Flemish province of Oost-Vlaanderen. It is located near the river the Scheldt, in a polder of the Waasland.To the north of Doel one can find the Electrabel-owned Nuclear Plant Doel with 4 reactors with a total output of 2,8 GW delivering electricity to customers in Belgium, the Netherlands and Germany.Doel is threatened with complete demolition due to the future enlargement of the harbour of Antwerp. This has seen many people having to sell their homes to the development corporation of that enlargement. Many historical buildings that will be destroyed.Visited with Critical Mass & Host14.15.16.17.18.19.20.21.22.23.24.Thanks for looking Oldskool..........