You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By sj9966
      Some pics from this once excellent, now demolished morgue that was part of the Harold Wood Hospital in Essex.
      Not too many locations like this in the UK at present, few and far between!
      Visited in July 2011.

• By oldskool

A stunning little Church in the country side of Belgium ...although a little drab on first appearance because of the lack of light and a miserable day outside (doom and gloom)....This little gem turned out to be a winner

Visited with Critical Mess, Odbin Ravin and Coughed Up......

Thanks for looking .....Mr.Oldskool

• By PixRoads
      Thank you for acceptation and your message on my Facebook Page!
      I've some times so i'll post some pictures of my exploration of "Slides of the Past" aka "Maison Alexa", located in Belgium. I don't post every pictures because i've done 51 photos... If you want to see the others, you can go on FB / Flickr and search "PixRoads"! Thanks! ^^
      Let's go, have a nice visit and day

• By obscureserenity
      Peppermint Powerplant
      I've seen this particular location a few times before online but I decided to post up a report on it anyway because I think it's quite special with some unique characteristics.

The Peppermint Powerplant was built in conjunction to a nearby paper mill with the purpose of supplying electricity to the mill. The plant features a stunning peppermint colour scheme on the singular turbine and control panels. The turbine itself was produced by Siemens, a company established in 1904 in Berlin and is currently one of the most prominent manufactures of high powered gas turbines worldwide. The plant n also hosted two Steinmüller boilers. One of which was commissioned in 1954 and the other in 1965. Both the power station and the paper mill were decommissioned around 1999. From what we could see the paper mill had been stripped. But despite being closed for nearly 20 years the power station has remained in very nice condition.

Last stop for the day on a Euro trip with @darbians. We both wanted to see this site so we decided it was worth having a quick look before it got too dark. Even though it wasn't a large site there was still a good amount to photograph, in fact I wish I took more but here are the ones I did manage to get. 

(Excuse the awkward handheld shot)

(Getting pretty dark by this point so we called it a day)
      Hope you enjoyed reading my report.
    • By jones-y-gog
      First things first - this place is a death-trap. Simple as that. And it's quite likely to be worse now than it was when I went. But as I have a bit of an obsession about redundant old cinemas and theatres I left all common sense at the entrance.
      The building still shows signs of its grand past but sadly any possibility of saving it looks pretty slim, although a Trust has been set up to try to preserve it and bring it back into use.
      The four-storey building, designed by G. B. Rawcliffe, opened in 1894 as a music hall, before being converted to a cinema in 1938. It was last used as a bingo hall in 1995. 

^^^ Not sure about that!