The Barracuda

Photography as a hobby

Thinking recently, how many people here participate in photography as a hobby?

We all know that members of this board and other UE forums use photography to show sites that individuals have visited, and captured. Leaving UE out of it how many use their cameras to take shots of models, landscapes, cars, flowers, trains etc etc and how many of you just use your camera strictly for UE, nothing more nothing less?

Just curious in others use of their gear. My camera gets used more for landscape shots these days although it does the odd bit of urbex.

I often take photos of general every day objects, i also do portraits, weddings, UE is just another area, granted its probably the largest area of my photography these days since i enjoy it so much !

i keep my UE and normal flickrs apart as well

/shaddam

/urdex

Where ever I go, my camera goes.

My interest in photography introduced me to urbex about 5 years ago but it took me another couple of years to actually go urbexing. The majority of my photography kit is bought purely because of urbex.

The only aspect of photography that doesn't really interest me is macro and flowers. I also love street photography but that's taken a bit of sideline in recent months.

Like Shaddam, I have a separate account for my urbex stuff and my 'normal' photography :)

Great stuff guys, keep it coming.

Myself, it was UE that lead me into photography. I saw the reports of MG Rover and thought 'Pictures, good idea. Why didn't I think of that!' That thought then lead me into photography.

Shame that it didn't click earlier with me. A missed opportunity to reference a lot of sites for future viewing that are no longer with us.

I came into it via UE and simply learnt bits via trial and error.

In fact lots of errors come to think of but it’s all part of the fun.

It kinda just expanded from there :thumb.

It helps to have an amphibious camera though eh :thumb

I enjoy photography as a hobby. As well as the odd bit of dereliction I like to shoot local stuff and landscapes :)

It helps to have an amphibious camera though eh :thumb

I enjoy photography as a hobby. As well as the odd bit of dereliction I like to shoot local stuff and landscapes :)

That It does with my Canon in the depths completely lol

shake and dry out working fine Nikon shit em lol :D

Hmm, seems a lot of peeps fell into Photography after getting involved with UE, interesting. I will admit (as above) I was into UE way before I got into Photography, about 15 years near enough!

Jesus, that makes me feel old.

It was an interest of a local disused railway tunnel which in turn led me into reading Urbex forums. After looking at the amazing pictures that people were posting, I decided I wanted a bit of this and that's where I began. As for what else I shoot, I'd like to say anything really although I would love the opportunity/challenge of becoming a sports photographer. However, after getting to experience an executive box at Liverpool and being able to take my camera along, I realised how much hard work it really is.

PhillipeCoutinhoBampWWM.jpg

Edited by LewisS