lanky8804

Dover Derelict Flat Block

Hi

Often driven past this location and always wondered if anyone has even been inside or if its accessible.

As you are driving down the A20 in Dover you go past the old flats which are now all boarded up. Anyone got any info?

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Dover/@51.1241131,1.3156796,280m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m2!3m1!1s0x47dea4d1553332ff:0x32785c875ad74851

I do believe my friends from Kend Underground & Abandoned Places have been in there, not sure if they posted up pictures though. I do believe thats the one they're planning to knock down?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Maniac
      Just remembered about these photos, so thought I'd stick them up anyway.
      The guilford shaft is a spiral staircase built inside the cliff face at Dover consisting of 214 steps, connecting the Moats Bulwark at the bottom of the cliff to Dover Castle. The staircase is broken up by different levels along the way, including one which resembles a deep air raid shelter.
      It's had several uses during its time, including uses in WWII, but it now lies empty and decaying, although it is in very good shape indeed, considering it's not been maintained for years!

This is the part that resembles a deep shelter, although it's no in very good shape.

At the very top

And just for the hell of it, there's a lot of these down there.

Moi at the top looking down

Thanks for looking!
      Maniac.
    • By Maniac
      Of all my years exploring Dover, this is one place that kept evading me, mainly because I didn't know where the entrance was! Oh I've spent many hours wondering around the area trying to find it!
      Anyhow, Frosty and co kindly showed me where it was the other night (cheers dude!) , so I was able to finally take some photos of it!
      Langdon hole was an underground communication centre during WWII. Sometimes referred to as Dumpy B, purely because it acted in the same role, although it bears little resemblance to the Dumpy level of Dover Castle.
      Entrance to this place is interesting, as all the steps are missing, so you have a very steep slope to contend with on entry - not one to do on a wet day!
      Anyhow, here are a few photos.
      This is the entrance way looking back up from the bottom.

With lots of old metal containers at the bottom

Which leads through this walkway into the rest of the complex

Which looks like this

There's an un-lined tunnel which leads to another entrance, now blocked

Maniac.
    • By woody
      visited with alanmowbs82 this was the last of the dover shelters we needed to do, popped down for a quick look and sadly now all locked up again, apart from the fire damage it's still in pretty good nick and a few decent photo opportunities, history here: http://thetimechamber.co.uk/beta/sites/deep-shelters-air-raid-shelters/st-martins-battery-deep-shelter-dover

cheers for looking
    • By woody
      Visited this one night back in may with a non-member, it's one of the better shelters in\around dover imo, I forgot that I had been there so that's why the report is a bit late! little bit of history can be found here: http://www.undergroundkent.co.uk/index.php/2013-08-29-00-41-19/deep-shelters/south-foreland-battery-deep-shelter

thanks for looking
    • By silverainbow
      This is like the holy grail for all us Kent guys, I've been waitinga very long 4 years to get in here, Have lost count of the amount of times I had "dropped by" on the off chance of some one having made it possible but always to no avail, Id also eyed a particular possibility up a fair few times but had been Incorrectly informed that it was fruitless, Turned out it wasn't and some one else had the very same idea!!!!, Goes to show always go with your hunches!
      Right so on with some Pictures, PIC HEAVY !

A beautiful bit of original Graff, there's tons of it in here!

Ill apologize for the sheer weight of Images, But I took hundreds and felt compelled to share!

Disclaimer

Oblivion State exists as an online forum to allow like minded individuals to share their experiences of Urban Exploration. We do not condone breaking and entering or other criminal activity and advise all members to read the FAQ articles about the forum and urban exploring in general. All posts are the responsibility of the original poster and all images remain copyright to the original photographer.

We would just like to thank

Forum user AndyK! from Behind Closed Doors for our rather excellent new logo.

All of our fantastic team of Moderators who volunteer their time to keep this place running smoothly.

All of our members for continuing to support Oblivion State by posting up the most awesome content. Thank you everyone!