Jump to content
upright_ninja

Littlebrook Oil-fired Power Station.

Recommended Posts

Any information about this place? It's near the Dartford crossing behind the Sainsbury's distribution centre and digging around has found out that Littlebrook D is still in use until 2015 but the remaining site is being decommissioned. Some of the buildings have already been demolished according to Google and Bing maps earth view. I think a recce is on the cards.

u>.<n

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Certainly has possibilities but defo a semi live site according to this article

(Reuters) - Dated May 31 2013 -The UK arm of Germany utility RWE will stop production at one of two 685-megawatt (MW) units at its oil-fired Littlebrook power plant from midnight on June 2 due to uneconomic market conditions, the company said on Friday.

The unit will still be available for power generation within 72 hours when needed, RWE npower added.

"We are simply responding to seasonal changes in demand and optimising our performance," a spokeswoman said.

Unit 2 at the power plant, located a few miles east of London, is on a scheduled maintenance outage until Sept. 15 but its production may also be stopped once the outage is completed, RWE npower said in a message to power market traders.

The decision to cut production at Littlebrook requires no job cuts, the spokewoman added.

The Littlebrook power plant began operating in 1981 and opted out of an EU-wide law to curb environment harming emissions, meaning it has a limited number of allocated operating hours until the end of 2015.

The spokeswoman said the decision to curb production had nothing to do with the plant's .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's been certainly been explored before but one group spent quite a few hours in the cells after being caught there so tread carefully :wink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I did Littlebrook back 2008 with two friends of mine not sure if its still possible ? there used to be a mock up nuclear reactor for training purposes in there.

that group that got caught in there where asking for it as they went in the middle of the day and there was 12 of them.

Little_Brook_-23.jpg

fake nuclear reactor its BIG note the railings down in the left of the picture

Edited by Dmax

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Similar Content

    • By Maniac
      Location: Rochester Police Station
      Date Visited: March 2008
      Present Status: Derelict and Decaying
      Future Plans: Not certain, but probably demolition and housing
      Rochester police statiion was origenally built sometime in the 50's judging by it's style, and is surprisingly small inside for a major town police station, you can see how they really crammed people into the offices by the number of phone points and desks in each area. It was vacated in 2005/6 when a brand new state of the art police station was opened at Brompton, Gillingham covering the whole of the Medway towns from a single location.
      The buildings are in a bit of a state inside due to its location offering the opportunities to local youths to do their best at trashing the building. There was a lot of furnature and other items in the building when we visited, I understand these have now been removed, and the building is more-or-less a shell. The view from the top of the building is brillient, right across medway in all directions. It's pretty much the highest structure in the area.
      I expect it will be demolished and housing built on the land, as it's an ideal location for development.
      On with some photos.





















      Thanks for looking
      Maniac.
    • By TheBaronof Scotland
      Visited with Scattergun and Stussy (and 2 non members)
      The station was opened on 10 August 1896 by the Glasgow Central Railway. The station building was on ground level, and the platforms were underground, beneath the Glasgow Botanic Gardens. It was closed between 1 January 1917 and 2 March 1919 due to wartime economy, and closed permanently to passengers on 6 February 1939, with the line being closed on 5 October 1964






      cheers
    • By WildBoyz
      History

      Highgate Station was constructed in 1867, by the Edgware, Highgate and London Railway, in a deep cutting that was excavated from Highgate Hill. The two tunnels penetrating the hillside from either side of the station were built some years before the station itself. Highgate Station was designed so that it had two side platforms and three tracks between them. A station building was constructed to the south end of the platform, along with a covered footbridge which connected the two platforms. The entire station was rebuilt in the 1880s, and a new central platform with two tracks flanking either side was constructed. The island could be accessed via a ticket office located in the middle of the footbridge.

      The station was altered again in 1935, as part of the ‘Northern Heights’ project that sought to incorporate the Edgware, High Barnet and Alexandra Palace lines into the London Transport Network. The first stage of the project involved the construction of tube tunnels underneath Highgate Station. To provide an interchange between the new deep-level platforms and the existing surface platforms, a subterranean pedestrian network was built immediately beneath Highgate Station. Stairs and escalators were installed to connect the existing platforms with the new underground ones, and street entrances to the concourse were built on Archway Road and Priory Gardens. As the pedestrian footbridge was no longer required, it was demolished along with some parts of the original buildings. The remaining sections of the older buildings were redeveloped, together with the surface platforms themselves which received some minor alterations. 

      Following World War Two, plans to improve Highgate Station were never fully completed. As other sections of London’s Railways required urgent maintenance, and were deemed more important as they were more central to the heart of the city, Highgate became less of a priority. Despite being labelled as ‘under construction’ for years on various maps, by the early 1950s passenger services at Highgate’s surface Station ceased, but freight traffic continued to pass through the station until 1964. After freight traffic ceased to operate on this section of the line, it was used only for occasional London Underground rolling stock transfers between Highgate Depot and the Northern City line; however, since it was never electrified the stock had to be pulled over the lines using battery-powered locomotives. All activity ceased on Highgate’s surface lines by 1970, due to the poor structural integrity of some of the nearby bridges. 

      Presently, one of the original 1867 buildings still stands; this is rumoured to be used as a residential building. As for the station itself, a number of the older buildings were demolished, leaving only the 1940s structures standing. Plastic sheeting was used to cover the old track bed after the rails were removed, to prevent water from seeping into the northern lines concourse which lies below. Much of the old route between Finsbury Park and Alexandra Palace is now part of the Parkland Walk; however, this bypasses the station for health and safety reasons. 

      Our Version of Events

      Getting into London by car wasn’t quite as bad as we’d imagined, but finding a spot to park was an absolute nightmare. As we toured the city for a bit, looking for somewhere to stop the car, we noticed that people seem to squeeze into any spot available; there were mere centimetres between some of them! Finally, after much searching, we found a space (thankfully) that wasn’t too far from Highgate Station. Judging by some of the cars that were parked near us, and the moss growing on their rooves, a few of them seem to have been there for a long time. Having witnessed this, we think we now understand, a bit more clearly, why there’s such a parking problem in London. 

      Since we’d heard the station was situated in a hillside and surrounded by trees, we imagined finding it would be a bit of a challenge. As it turned out, however, we were wrong – it’s very visible. Gaining access wasn’t difficult either, which we were also surprised about given that there’s a busy station next door; we had gauged that it might be difficult to slip onto the old premises without being seen with such a high volume of people around. Once again we were mistaken in our assumption, as no one seemed to give a shit that we looked slightly suspicious milling around an abandoned site with tripods and cameras, meaning we were able to wander into the station very easily. Once onsite, even though people could probably see us quite clearly from the live station and a public footpath which runs alongside the platform, no one glanced our way; instead, everyone seemed more intent on rushing to wherever it was they were going. 

      After a quick wander around the site it was obvious that there isn’t much there, and all of the tunnel portals are sealed, together with the additional doorway we found down the staircase on the main platform. The station itself was less impressive than it looked from old pictures we’d found of it, but it felt very odd, in a good way, being in part of the City of London that certainly didn’t feel like a city at all. Inside the small gully it was peaceful and we encountered trees and foxes – three things we never thought we’d find in the capital. The next fifteen minutes were spent taking in the quiet atmosphere and a few photographs, before we decided to head off to the next explore we had lined up. Overall, then, the site is perfect is you’re passing through the area, especially if you fancy a break from the hustle and bustle, but it’s probably not worth travelling from further afield to visit it. 

      Explored with Ford Mayhem, Meek-Kune-Do and Husky. 
       
      Looking west at Highgate Station in 1868, when it first opened. 
       

       
      Highgate Station in the 1880s, looking west, when the two side platforms were replaced. 
       

       
      The station in the early 1940s. The old 1800s toilet block was retained and incorporated into the overall design at this point.
       

       
      1:
       

       
      2:
       

       
      3:
       

       
      4:
       

       
      5:
       

       
      6:
       

       
      7:
       

       
      8:
       

       
      9:
       

       
      10:
       

       
      11:
       

       
      12:
       

       
      13:
       

       
      14:
       

       
      15:
       

       
      16:
       

       
      17:
       

       
      18:
       

       
      19:
       

       
      20:
       

       
      21:
       

       
      22:
       

    • By TrevBish.co.uk
      This place is incredible! Loads of interesting things and live CCTV that you can have a play around with. We could actually see people walking past the building we were in. We heard some noise which we assumed was one of our group, but as we later found out, it was someone locking the door and we got sealed in! 
       
      History borrowed from: http://www.oblivionstate.com/forum/topic/10420-centrale-de-schneider-power-station-france-january-2016/#comment-67316

      Opening in the late 1950s Centrale De Schneider was a coal-fired power station in France. The original configuration two turbines made by Cie Electro-Mecanique (the French subsidiary of Brown Boveri) was expanded in the 1970s with the addition of a Rateau-Schneider generator set, bringing the total capacity up to half a gigawatt. The Electro-Mecanique turbines were retired in the early 1990s and all the associated equipment has since been removed. The power station ceased generation a few years ago when the Rateau-Schneider was also taken offline.
       
       

       
       
       

       
       
       

       
       
       

       
       
       

       
       
       

       
       
       

       
       
       

       
       
       

       
       
       

       
       
       

       
       
       

       
       
       

       
       
       

       
       
       

       
       
      Thanks for looking! 
       
       

Disclaimer

Oblivion State exists as an online forum to allow like minded individuals to share their experiences of Urban Exploration. We do not condone breaking and entering or other criminal activity and advise all members to read the FAQ articles about the forum and urban exploring in general. All posts are the responsibility of the original poster and all images remain copyright to the original photographer.

We would just like to thank

Forum user AndyK! from Behind Closed Doors for our rather excellent new logo.

All of our fantastic team of Moderators who volunteer their time to keep this place running smoothly.

All of our members for continuing to support Oblivion State by posting up the most awesome content. Thank you everyone!
×