mookster

Manoir DP...

...is now a no go.

In much the same vein as what has happened at Chaise Abbey, this notice went up on the outside of Manoir DP in Belgium a few days back.

10287020_10203021440629791_8980318160235082267_o.jpg

It reads...

Dear Urban Explorers, we have learned of your activities and your many trips through our house. Contrary to its appearance, this house is not abandoned. The house belonged to our grandparents, but due to problems with inheritance it has not yet been entrusted to us. As you will have seen the house still contains many treasured items, special to us. In these circumstances we would appreciate it if you did not consider this house one of your "spots". We have been tolerant up until this day but if we become aware of people continuing to visit this house we will need to take corrective measures and inform the police. We hope it doesn't need to go that far.

In my eyes this location is now off limits, we all enjoy nosing around big houses full of nice stuff but when it becomes personal like this there is a line crossed and it ceases to be 'urbex'. I hope others feel the same way, we must treat these places with respect at the end of the day.

hallo an alle von wolfgangb914. Das Manoir DP ist wirklich ein Idyll, und das die zukünftigen Eigentümer nicht glücklich über das leerräumen ihres Erbes sind ist logisch. Traurig bin ich , das ich dieses Zeugniss einer vergangen Zeit und muß mich mit Photos von anderen zufrieden geben. Besser als nichts, das Häuschen ist zum verlieben. Gruß wolfgangb914.

Ps Besteht die Möglichkeit, sich mit den Erben kurz schließen um zu fragen ob mit deisen Personen zusammen das Objekt zu begehen und Photos zu machen.?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Perjury Saint

Not much to say about this one really...
      Exceptionally beautiful manor house, hidden in the woods somewhere in France...

...MANOIR MUSIQUE...

As always... Thanks for lookin' in

• By SpiderMonkey

This ones a proper beauty. I'll be honest, the reason that this is currently uninhabited is because of an inheritance dispute, we were aware of this but did decide to visit and half of the places we visit are probably in this position. The house is pretty large and still choc full of interesting old furniture and other items. Architecturally it is also quite photogenic so there was a good mix here
      Just as a heads up, the neighbours are always watching and do call the police if they see you at all. We had to hide inside whilst the police spoke to a friend outside (who by the way, had the best acting skills I've ever seen!).
      Photos:

Cheers, SM

• By cgeff
      Hello all,
      Some pictures taken at "Manoir du professeur / Maison Denis"
      Have a nice day

• By KGi
      this manor (mansion) was abandoned for over 8 years because the only daughter of the artist died
      renovation has started earlier 2014, so this is an old explore... full album on my website
      thx for watching !

• By Perjury Saint

3rd time lucky for me here!
      1st attempt was a sat nav fail! 2nd attempt and access was sealed! Massively impressive house overlooking a similarly massive and impressive river...
      ...Manoir aux Statues...

As always... Ta for takin' a butchers!

Disclaimer

Oblivion State exists as an online forum to allow like minded individuals to share their experiences of Urban Exploration. We do not condone breaking and entering or other criminal activity and advise all members to read the FAQ articles about the forum and urban exploring in general. All posts are the responsibility of the original poster and all images remain copyright to the original photographer.

We would just like to thank

Forum user AndyK! from Behind Closed Doors for our rather excellent new logo.

All of our fantastic team of Moderators who volunteer their time to keep this place running smoothly.

All of our members for continuing to support Oblivion State by posting up the most awesome content. Thank you everyone!