Obviously as some of you know Manston has closed now, any info on whether its accessible or not? I'm aware of one of the things to see there without giving too much away, but all I really need to know is what is the security like there if any? Have read some stories and don't fancy getting arrested under the terrorism act lol!

Feel free to PM me if you like as to not disclose it on a public forum

Went up there today to have a little scope around and spent a good 30 minutes there with no security, didn't go inside the plane though but walked around the base of it, checking out the hatches and whatnot. Been told there's meant to be lots of security around still though, and once you enter the plane they'll be there almost instantly?

The old boeing is a wreck now mate,and judging from the facebook pages pics its wide open,there are several reports about on the plane one from me from many years back with shite pics :)

Edited by Wevsky

Checked it out last night and within 5 minutes of us being on the roadside walking up to it, security was there and sat there for a good 10 minutes! Still there when we decided to leave and give up. Think its a no-go for a while until it calms down. Apparently its meant to be getting scrapped later this year?

Checked it out last night and within 5 minutes of us being on the roadside walking up to it, security was there and sat there for a good 10 minutes! Still there when we decided to leave and give up. Think its a no-go for a while until it calms down. Apparently its meant to be getting scrapped later this year?

If there hadnt been 6 people climbing on and about the plane the nday before in broad daylight it may not be so on top mate..but there was and it is!

and mate its been doable for many years ,but now seems to be "popular"

Edited by Wevsky

To be fair Sk it was posted on some eXplorers webpage in video form a few years ago..X-plains quite a lot really..

EDIT: access to the plane that is!