• Similar Content

• By sj9966
      I nipped over last night to check the fire damage.
      The only building that was on fire is the St Mary's building (which was a nurses home not a care home as I have written in this report). It has suffered damage to the right hand side of the building but is not totally burned out.

There is a planning application submitted to demolish most of the buildings on the site including St Edwards. As far as I could see there has been no descision made on it yet.
      http://planning.northwarks.gov.uk/portal/servlets/AttachmentShowServlet?ImageName=253942
      I also found this on the net (link below), it gives the whole history and a detailed report on all the buildings. There is still some unseen stuff here notably the chapel within the former St Gerards Hospital which is now offices. If demo goes ahead I'm sure it will become more accesible. It will be a shame to see these buildings go as it's a great urbex site imo.

• Guest Dubbednavigator
      By Guest Dubbednavigator
      Hi All
      As much as we all hate to see our beloved shrines of dereliction, they all eventually either get ripped down or converted
      A lot of these are good, and a lot of them are very, very bad
      What are the best ones you have seen?
      My favourite has to be Nethernene on the hill. Located just down the road from cane hill
      Its a beauty

Hall

Admin

Water tower

• By Wevsky
      2nd to last explore this one,happened to be along our route back toward ferry port so as Urban Junky had mentioned he popped in here when we met up at the hotel it seemed rude not to go have a look..
      Seems it was some form of coal washing site from what ive been told..
      There is a inscription in the wall outside and it reads..
      This sorting laundry was built with the help of Credit marshall testimony of the generosity of the united states of America..
      Well thats how google translates it.The site is massive big holes everywhere and brutal concrete design we spent hours wandering about shooting this place.
      explored with Sx-riffraff SpaceInvader

Big ugly and full of angles to shoot ,so in all i loved it

• By yonaguni
      this house always gave me the creeps as i drove by..then i noticed it was abadoned...I asked around and found out A Mrs Coffee live there..known as the town meanie..she had a hard life..her only son was killed in a car accident..her husband committed sucide..she had a daughter but noone knew anything about her...

The basement held the sad reminders..a buys and girls bike for children long gone...

the old lady had started hoarding...

the house was unlivable who knows how she got around

books were everywhere

several rooms were so pack all i could do was poke my camera in the door

that painting came home with me..

this was the master bedroom..it was impassable

i think the old lady slept in the bathtub

now to the really creepy room...judging by the art it looks like late 60s early 70's

wow weaird as hell..seems the daught noone knew about left as a young child or died with the brother in the same accident...because her bed room is largly unchanged since the 1970s

A very strange room

the kitchen was the only toom in the hoiuse that seemed normal

it was once a nice house..

i watched as workers picked over the house..i saw them smiling with arm fulls of stuff they decided to keep...i went in a few more times to find it almost completely stripped...i found dolls in unopened boxes..it was near chirstmas time so i took them and out them in the donation boxes for kids..before the other scavangers could grab them..they tore the house down..and quickly built another who sold quickly a new familt now lives on this spot....

I caught several voices thought my walkthough gost of this haunted doll house...makes me wonder if the new house is haunted too...