PROJ3CTM4YH3M

Castle Miranda aka Château Noisy

The abandoned fairy tale castle, Castle Miranda aka Château de Noisy stands rotting and crumbling atop a large hill in Celles, Belgium. Surrounded by Forest, depending upon how you approach the building you are pretty much on top of it before you can clearly see where it is located. Visited with Kriegaffe9 and Andy K the last stop on day 1 of the “missing man tour†we arrived just in time for sunset! Having waited years to see this place I first visited around 18 months ago at the end of 2012, I’m really glad I got to revisit this place especially with rumours of an impending demolition. I managed to climb the rooftops again at the rear and we also found our way across the dodgy joist walk to see the twin baths and access one of the turrets both areas missed on our first trip. Thankfully we didn’t have the pleasure of meeting the grounds keeper this time… It was nice to explore this place without being shot at :).

1. Miranda-1.JPG

2. Miranda-2.JPG

3. Miranda-3.JPG

4. Miranda-4.JPG

5. Miranda-5.JPG

6. Miranda-6.JPG

7. Miranda-7.JPG

8. Miranda-8.JPG

9. Miranda-9.JPG

10. Miranda-10.JPG

11. Miranda-11.JPG

12. Miranda-12.JPG

13. Miranda-13.JPG

14. Miranda-14.JPG

15. Miranda-15.JPG

Thanks for looking! There are higher resolution copies of the above images and loads more from this visit on my website: http://www.proj3ctm4yh3m.com/urbex/2014/07/08/urbex-castle-miranda-aka-chateau-de-noisy-belgium-may-2014-revisit/

Love your shots from here, that bathroom is supreme and the roof looks like a whole load of fun, hope it's still standing in September!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By fandfmovies
      Hello guys and girls,

We have been inactive for a while due to work and other stuff, but we had a trip to Belgium last week. Finally!
      We had a visit at Chateau Miranda/Noisy, you can see the footage here.

Please let us know what you think of it!

Thanks for watching:D
    • By PROJ3CTM4YH3M
      The rather large Paragon Hotel in Italy has been empty for around 10-15 years and is frequently occupied by the homeless. Occupying a pretty central location in a relatively large city, one of its dominating features is the main ballroom which has a huge skylight in the middle. Draped with fabric, the skylight provides a nice diffused light on the white and gold accented room. Otherwise the building is quite bland, the staircase was modest but had a nice detailed ceiling at the top and the entrance hall was empty and modern. Worth it for the lavish ballroom alone though for sure! Visited with Spider Monkey, Matt and Andy de Kay.

Higher res copies of the above photos and a few more shots on my site: http://www.proj3ctm4yh3m.com/urbex/2016/02/21/urbex-paragon-hotel-italy-april-2015/
    • By PROJ3CTM4YH3M
      The Blue Chapel Monastery in Italy sits abandoned and features a bright blue chapel with a very large cross hanging from the ceiling. The chapel itself is the main point of interest in the place as the rest of the building was pretty well stripped back to its concrete and brick construction. Large cracks were showing within the main chapel mostly along the rear wall around a circular window which indicates some serious structural issues likely due to the years of neglect. Thankfully however, the Monastery is in a pretty isolated location and as a result remains relatively untouched and free from any major vandalism or graffiti.

Visited with Matt Andy de Kay of Behind Closed Doors and Spider Monkey.

More photos and higher res copies of the ones above on my website: http://www.proj3ctm4yh3m.com/urbex/2016/02/13/urbex-blue-chapel-monastery-italy-april-2015/
    • By PROJ3CTM4YH3M
      Villa 1967 has gone down hill quite a lot since some of the previous photos I’d seen and so I couldn’t help but feel a little disappointed with what was left. That aside the place was actually quite nice both from the outside and in some of its internal features. The staircase, you could tell, would have been once very grand and beautiful but was now beginning to crumble and was damaged due to vandalism and years of neglect. For me though, the focal point was the entrance hall with its multiple pillars and painted arched ceilings it was quite impressive. Visited with Andy de Kay of Behind Closed Doors, Matt and Spider Monkey!

Higher res copies of the above photos and a few more shots on my website: http://www.proj3ctm4yh3m.com/urbex/2016/02/08/urbex-villa-1967-italy-april-2015/
    • By PROJ3CTM4YH3M
      History

The now derelict Bangour Village Hospital is a large Psychiatric Hospital complex which first opened in 1906 as The Edinburgh District Asylum with an initial 200 patients. The Asylum which was modelled on a German village-plan design similar to that of  the Alt-Scherbitz asylum of the 1870s. In 1918 when the Asylum has around 3000 patients it was renamed as Bangour Village Hospital and operated under this name until its closure in 2004.
      As with many other hospitals Bangour was requisitioned during both World War I and World War II and held the temporary names of “The Edinburgh War Hospital” and “The Scottish Emergency Medical Hospital”. Both in the interim years between the wars and after 1945 the Hospital continued to function as a psychiatric facility.

A gradual phased closure of the Hospital began in 1989 with the closure of Bangour General Hospital (now Demolished)  and the opening of the nearby St John’s Hospital. The last remaining wards closed in 2004.
      Since its closure, the Bangour Village Hospital was used as a location for the filming of The Jacket starring Adrian Brody & Keira Knightly. In 2009 The grounds were also used as a location for a counter-terrorist exercise named “Exercise Green Gate” which was a large scale training set up with 400 emergency services staff and 250 volunteer casualty actors. The activity was intended to prepare staff for chemical, biological or nuclear attack.

Our visit

Visited with Baron Scotland and Lowri, I’d always wanted to take a look around this place and was pleasantly surprised at by how vast the site was… the villas just seem to go on forever as you walk around the grounds which are frequented by local dog walkers. We managed to get access to 2 buildings the main recreation hall which was one of the original buildings and the church which was added in 1929 and was in surprisingly good condition with only some relatively minor water damage to one gable wall.

Most of the other buildings seemed to be very heavily boarded and in worsening conditions. I don’t imagine there would be a great deal else to see but I wouldn’t mind a look around the nurses block at some point. It’s certainly one of the more attractive buildings externally.

Enjoy

Disclaimer

Oblivion State exists as an online forum to allow like minded individuals to share their experiences of Urban Exploration. We do not condone breaking and entering or other criminal activity and advise all members to read the FAQ articles about the forum and urban exploring in general. All posts are the responsibility of the original poster and all images remain copyright to the original photographer.

We would just like to thank

Forum user AndyK! from Behind Closed Doors for our rather excellent new logo.

All of our fantastic team of Moderators who volunteer their time to keep this place running smoothly.

All of our members for continuing to support Oblivion State by posting up the most awesome content. Thank you everyone!