La Bateau, Duke St, Liverpool

La Bateau has been closed for a few months, coming on a year, the front looks like shit and they have recently put scaffolding up in order to begin refurbishment of the entire pub/venue. The scaffolding will make it so easy to gain entry as there is open windows on the second and third floors of the building so it would just be a case of gaining access without passersby noticing, maybe get in at dawn and start shooting? If anyone else has any info/previous entries/wants to come with I'd love to get my first explore under my belt!!!

La Bateau, Duke St, Liverpool, U.K.

Sounds like you've got it figured out already, there's a Liverpool explorer called Wherever I May Roam on here who may be up for it with you? Send him a PM and see what he says, pretty sure he's up for all things Scouse! :thumb

Yeah I was walking past Le Bateau and the door was open with builders inside so I have given up on that place, I also had my eye on the Joseph Heaps Rice Mill near the waterfront and after 20 - 30 minutes of scouring the outside of the building I found no easy entry. Again willing participants needed to help with this as I'd like to get in before they finally tear the place down. I was in the grounds early on this morning (23/07/2014) and this is one of a few pictures I took whilst there.

I haven't quite worked how to do the image embed on here so you will have to follow the link to my Flickr sorry.

Edited by The_Raw

I think know the way in, I still wanna get in. Stanley Dock; what's it like sec. wise? Best time to visit?

Dunno,changed a lot down there since I last done it in back in 09.........As the North Warehouse ground floor is a bar now!!!!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By The Urban Collective
      Churchills Pub Bolton - Feb 2018
      This week on Bygone Pubs we take a look into the derelict Grade two listed #Churchills #pub in #Bolton #Lancashire Formerly #TheRoseHillTavern.
      Many a #BoltonWanderers fan will remember a match day at Burnden Park then off to Churchills for a good old pint.
      Unfortunately, though the memories are all that remains.
      The Old Sodality Club #Leigh Lanc's
      This video is the first of my new series #bygonepubs where Il be documenting the steady decline of these wonderful gathering holes as the corporations' franchises and chains etc increase their stamp on society.
      I've had wonderful feedback from many people since posting this video on "cough cough" Facebook, who've told me many wonderful stories about the place before it was lost to economic decline thank's to the powers that be.
      I believe the place closed in 2010 ish and was once a popular watering hole for many a denizen. From parties to football to darts and karaoke the place once bustled with the familiar tone's of friendship and alcoholism "Swigs his Guinness".
      You can almost hear the faint echoes of the past in places like these so I'd like to share my documentation of the place in a video format as I did not get many pics.
      Thanks for any feedback guys.
      The Urban Collective
      We Film It...
       Former Latvian Consulate Charnock Richard - Feb 2018
      I'm posting this to save you a journey lol, plus I wanted to at least make some use of the time I spent there even if the photos aren't the greatest!
      Pemberton farm was the former home of Howard J Pym Honorary Consul For Latvia and his family.
      The property was renovated in 2005 and the Pym family lived here until 2007. Timber Latvia Ltd was registered at Pemberton farm incorporated in 2010 but later dissolved.
      Since then the property has been on on the market for close to one million pounds, however,
      it now lies in a state of utter destruction thanks to vandals and arsonists and almost nothing remains of its former glory.
      Unfortunately, that is all the info I could gather on this place and I'm sure you'll agree from the pics it is a no-go,
      however, we did find thousands of spent ammunition rounds so if you can then please let me know what you think they are.

• By UrbanLurking
      Explored here a couple of weeks ago seems a bit destroyed now which is a shame bet it was a decent explore at one point. 
      A bit of history,
      Royal Army Ordnance Corp (RAOC) Marchington, was built around 1957 and dealt with the supply and maintenance of weaponry and munitions and various other military equipment until 1993 when the Corp amalgamated with the Royal Logistics Corp. The site is now an industrial estate. It was also a Central Vehicle Depot during this time until the barracks closed in 1970, and the Territorial Army took over. Until it finally closed the site in the early 1980s. Marchington also housed the Armys fleet of Green Goddesses which came under the jurisdiction of the Office Of The Deputy Prime Minister (ODPM).The site is now an industrial estate. The Barracks lie bare and derelict and the married quaters have are all now private housing.

• By BritishRanger
      My Visit -
      This one was quite fun, although there is not many items left to see, its a great walk under Liverpool, with some nice stone and brickwork to see. We arrived quite early, and had absolutely no trouble finding and getting into the tunnel, the rest is best seen in pictures!