Hi guys,

I haven't been on the forums much recently (been busy mostly with my new born, but some of it's laziness) but thought I would give you guys a heads up.

We were at Sev's this morning for a silly o'clock start and after a 5-6 hour mooch about and on our way out we got busted by Michael accompanied by a Police Officer. Now we had a good chat with them both and they were friendly enough but it turns out the NHS has been getting pissed off with people getting in, so now it seems the cops will be called out every time security thinks they are in the building so they can run name checks (due to people using 'Mickey Mouse' names) and search anyone caught. So I was informed the NHS are looking to make an example of people going in.

The Police let us go as they didn't see any reason to take it further their side however we were informed to expect a letter from the NHS with a possible civil prosecution.

How I have been lucky enough enough not to get caught in 4 years but everyone's luck runs out some day, but getting accused of breaking and entering and tearing down the water towers palisade fence was a bit nerve racking when you know you haven't done anything wrong. I get the feeling the NHS are trying to pin anything which happens on the site to anyone caught. We will see what happens.

This might be nothing to some of you but I though I would let people know that Sev's might not be the easy ride it has been regarding security any more, hats off to Michael though, he was very fair and very professional, and after a bit of a cat and mouse game I felt very good at his job.

Anyway just a little shot from the day:

14699918372_a7495de3ef_z.jpg

Edited by Beef

Interesting stuff. Just a little recent update on Sev's...

Having spent the night in the place just before xmas, we couldn't be arsed getting our balls shredded again so purposely walked around in the open to get caught; which inevitably happened within about 30-45 mins. The bloke was not Michael but was sound as a pound with us once he realised what we were doing, and said they were only calling the fuzz if they seen people damaging anything. All he done was walk us to the gate, took our real names (no point messing him about after being cool with us), told us the names go no further unless we return within 3 months. We had a chat and a laugh with him and told him we'd see him in march :)

Interestingly, he said Michael was at another site at the moment....

Theres been a lot less sees reports recently, maybe this has something to do with it.

The fence has been doubled up and is more visible with the northern bypass now open Dubbed mate. Clearly see the water tower now and the fence that was quite well hidden on that side. Lots of houses built so it's reasonably exposed if you've not had a drive past recently. And its trashed all over now of course.

Theres been a lot less sees reports recently, maybe this has something to do with it.

Spidermonkey was there recently and only ran into secca at the end apparently it was not Michael but some other bloke who was pretty sound too :)

Someone told me there is apparently a coil of razor wire over the top of the palisade now too?

The fence has been doubled up and is more visible with the northern bypass now open Dubbed mate. Clearly see the water tower now and the fence that was quite well hidden on that side. Lots of houses built so it's reasonably exposed if you've not had a drive past recently. And its trashed all over now of course.

Indeed, i just waiting for the next spontaneous combustion incident to occur...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Space Invader
      visited with obscurity and wevsky
      a little history .....
      Severalls Hospital in Colchester, Essex, UK was a psychiatric hospital built in 1910 which first opened in May 1913. The 300-acre (1.2 km2) site housed some 2000 patients and was based on the "Echelon plan" - a specific arrangement of wards, offices and services within easy reach of each other by a network of interconnecting corridors. This meant that staff were able to operate around the site without the need to go outside in bad weather. Unlike modern British hospitals, patients in Severalls were separated according to their gender. The architect of the asylum was Frank Whitmore.
      Villas were constructed around the main hospital building as accommodation blocks between 1910 and 1935. Most of the buildings are in the Queen Anne style, with few architectural embellishments, typical to the Edwardian Period. The most ornate buildings are the Administration Building, Larch House & Severalls House (originally the Medical Superintendent's residence).
      on with the pics ...

a good reason to go back ...

Thanks for looking
    • By Wevsky
      Yep another sevs report.we havnt done it so after the news of the plans for the place a decision was made and we headed up for our first explore of the day!
      Now Obscurity has been bust at the fence before so was looking to get it done,and done it was we used our urbex trampoline to deal with that palisade and ninja'd our wayin..shortly after to be followed by Olz9181 and his mate (sorry mate forgot yer name..been a long day)..quick chat and intorductions and we went our seperate ways!
      History has been done to death so here's
      http://severallsmentalhospital.co.uk/#/ ... 4532878444
      Got to a point we could hear what sounded like a power tool being used and some distant banging so as we had spent quite a while in here decided to Gtfo..
      Visited with Space Invader and Obscurity
      Not gunna go to mad with the pics im sure you have all seen the place by now...

sorry love them corridors..

With a bit of info (cheers dicky)we where sure we where gunna nail the tower..but it wasnt to be..

Thanks to Obscurity for driving and too both of you for a long but fun day!
      Just for nelly one pano

• By Nelly
      Copford Place is a 18th century Grade II listed building in the village of Copford, 5 miles west of Colchester
      British History Online has this to say about it.....
      "Apparently late 17th century, a two storeyed, sevenbayed, doublepile house that forms the south range of Copford Place; it contains a chimneypiece dated 1698 and other fittings of about that date. The house probably then faced the road and was of red brick like the stable to the north. In the early 19th century the house was extended northeast by two bays to create an east entrance and given plain classical white brick fa¸ades. In 1947 it was converted into private accommodation for elderly people, and in 1980 taken over by Help the Aged which in 1998 refurbished the house as self contained flats"
      Explored this place straight after a Laurel and Hardy style explore at Severalls, I came away feeling disappointed with this house but then I suppose after Severalls then this was like a polished turd!!
      Sorry for the flash photos, it was boarded top and bottom

In the attic room we found a squat. It was very tidy with no damage. It had obviously only been occupied by one person, there was a sleeping bag, his shoes, saucepans, a CD player etc. The sell by dates on the food wrappers went back to 2009, I felt sorry for the guy, I think that he may have come back to find the place boarded and fenced with all his gear inside.

The Barn - This is also a Grade II listed building

• By Nelly
      One of the most impressive things that I have ever seen. The size of the place and the sheer scale cannot be described, the corridors that stretch seemingly for miles and the surprises that await around every corner.
      The History
      Severalls Hospital was the second Essex County Asylum - opening in 1913 to relieve pressure from the Warley Asylum.
      Designed by F.Whithouse & W.H.Town, the site was continually added to between 1910 and 1935, and this is reflected in the different styles present.
      The asylum was situated on 300 acres of the Severalls estate, which was sold to the Essex County Council in 1904 and its doors were opened to patients in 1913; at its peak it housed over 2000 patients, both in main wards and the outlaying villas.
      Interestingly the chimney attached to the water tower was lowered by one third of its height during World War Two to prevent it being a hazard to crippled bombers landing at a nearby US airbase

Happy New Year!!!

Thanks for taking the time