France Chateau Lumiere - July 2014

Visited with Mookster and a non member on our 4 day road trip abroad. I've wanted to go and see this place ever since I first laid my eyes on photos of it, and it didn't disappoint! Was it worth the 16 hour drive? 100% yes. My favourite location on our road trip by far.

More here; https://www.flickr.com/photos/stuarthomas/sets/72157646040109124

Along with everyone else I really want to see this for myself, it looks stunning. Great set of pics with a few rooms I don't recall seeing before :thumb

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By bob
      An oil refinery being decommissioned... I went there with my bicycle, managed to get it past the first fence which was nice xD
      I hope i didn't put too many photos...
      D90 with sigma 17-70

• By sj9966
      Some pics from this once excellent, now demolished morgue that was part of the Harold Wood Hospital in Essex.
      Not too many locations like this in the UK at present, few and far between!
      Visited in July 2011.

• By oldskool

A stunning little Church in the country side of Belgium ...although a little drab on first appearance because of the lack of light and a miserable day outside (doom and gloom)....This little gem turned out to be a winner

Visited with Critical Mess, Odbin Ravin and Coughed Up......

Thanks for looking .....Mr.Oldskool

• By obscureserenity
      Peppermint Powerplant
      I've seen this particular location a few times before online but I decided to post up a report on it anyway because I think it's quite special with some unique characteristics.

The Peppermint Powerplant was built in conjunction to a nearby paper mill with the purpose of supplying electricity to the mill. The plant features a stunning peppermint colour scheme on the singular turbine and control panels. The turbine itself was produced by Siemens, a company established in 1904 in Berlin and is currently one of the most prominent manufactures of high powered gas turbines worldwide. The plant n also hosted two Steinmüller boilers. One of which was commissioned in 1954 and the other in 1965. Both the power station and the paper mill were decommissioned around 1999. From what we could see the paper mill had been stripped. But despite being closed for nearly 20 years the power station has remained in very nice condition.

Last stop for the day on a Euro trip with @darbians. We both wanted to see this site so we decided it was worth having a quick look before it got too dark. Even though it wasn't a large site there was still a good amount to photograph, in fact I wish I took more but here are the ones I did manage to get. 

(Excuse the awkward handheld shot)

(Getting pretty dark by this point so we called it a day)
      Hope you enjoyed reading my report.
    • By teddybear
      Was  reminded that I didn't posted anything yet so, here's a post of a recent visit to this mine. This one is not the safest one :-) . Some parts are  already collapsed.
      There are several levels but the lower did we skip. Heard that the air quality is not the best there and we didn't bring the rope ladder .
      Was nice  to explore. Hope you enjoy looking at this.