Landie_Man

Heron House, Aylesbury – September 2014 (Former Job Centre)

Heron House, Aylesbury – September 2014

Not much on this place. It had been sealed since its 2012 closure when the Job Centre vacated the building and returned to their Oxford Road location. The name gives away that it was built as part of the Heron Empire, probably sometime in the 60s or 70s.

I can’t remember the owner of the Heron Empire but I think one of his building companies was run from here.

Someone was living inside in a luxury squat inside; seemingly taking advantage of some building work inside! I was alone so didn’t disturb them and didn’t hang around to shoot internals; lets face it anyone whose been doing the hobby for more than a few months knows what this bugger would look like inside!

It appears that the building is being extended upward and having an extra five floor added before being turned into flats.

15100472647_11f420f2b1_b.jpg

15100779420_ac739dbfb9_b.jpg

15100665730_86abe0114b_b.jpg

15287125775_5281451cb7_b.jpg

15284516681_de0cc1ea2f_b.jpg

15286646132_0fc5268446_b.jpg

15100640017_a5ba016485_b.jpg

15287029075_f0e525a595_b.jpg

More At:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/landie_man/sets/72157647774887802/

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By yonaguni

this house always interested me..the yard was filled with junk..old cars..and other junk..it gave the appearence of being abandoned but someone clearly lived there

the area became prime real estate..mcmansions went up and taxes went up..i knew this houses wouldent last....i went by and saw it was finally empty
      the 1st floor was a neat gloomy  house

rooms that feel like a horror movie

all the lights hung poorly..surpised there wasent a fir from them..

see more of that in a bit

upstairs'

the upstairs was nthing but an attic...no bedrooms or bathroom..this was a single floor home..

basement

a wood burning heater...thats an old way to heat a house

the last thing still hanging that shows the personality of the owner

odd old stained glass

not sure what that is...

..the dead and prarie home companion

There are a few male voices caught inside one seems like another lanuage

• By Lament

Little house somewhere in Belgium. Seems there lived an 103 year old lady and after a fire on the upper floor she left the house. Her son still comes there every week to feed the cat.
    • By franconiangirl
      The former children´s sanatorium ("colonia") is located somewhere in the Italian mountains and was once built for the treatment of ill children.

The building itself was a mere time capsule, full of numerous sick beds, school inventory as well as old medical bottles, ointments and tinctures - all of those had exceeded their expiry date by decades. Moreover, we found old documents - old vaccination confirmations of the late 1960s as well as old patient´s lists of the 1950s. 

• By franconiangirl
      I don´t have much information about the small brewery which is located in the south of Germany. The current owner is a guy from England, who disappeared some years ago. Since then, the building has been left to decay. The story hit some headlines in the local newspapers. 

Small, but I loved it anyway!

• By franconiangirl
      Recently, I´ve visited "Mold House". Of course, more than well-known. When I first set my eyes on pictures of that house with its amazing colours and its state of decay, I instantly fell in love. I´m glad I could fulfill my dream of visiting that place. I especially loved the pink colour of the armchairs being sokaed into the carpet.