You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Maniac
      As part of the 'stop talking about doing stuff, and actually go and do it' initiative, I Visited this place with DesertionPhotography.
      Atkinson Morley Hospital was established on its present site in 1869 and closed in 2003. It was noteable as being the first place in the UK to have a CT scanner installed in 1972, however that scanner is not one of the one's you can see there today; they are much more modern. In its day, Atkinson Morely was one of the most advanced brain surgery centres in the world.
      Interesting explore this one, as some of the place is quite trashed then other areas just round the corner are still mint.
      1. Your basic generic hospital corridor

5. Operating theatre control board

6. CT Scanner number 1.

7. And control room for it.

8. Buttons

9.Little bit of kit left in the X-Ray room.

10. X-Ray developing department (I think)

11. CT Scanner number 2

13. And control room

14. Chapel, later used as a lecture theatre. Note security are using this for storing their boarding, tools and stepladders - they are based very close to this room.

15. The wards are stripped bare.

Thanks for looking!
      Maniac
    • By Maniac
      I wasn't going to bother with a report, but I think I had just about enough photos to make it worthwhile, so may as well. Being very bored at the weekend, myself, Frosty and Obscurity decided to take ourselves off here to have a looksie. It was also the first exploring outing of the new car, the first of many I'm sure!
      Our visit to this place was cut short by Mr security guard together with dog handler and badly trained dog, and a visit from the police who were very professional and just let us on our way. Becasue of this minor setback we only got to see inside the big main hospital building and didn't get to see the mortuary or other parts of the complex like we were hoping. However Harold Wood is more than a mortuary (even if the rest of it is quite knackered.)
      Harold wood hospital closed its doors in 2006, and plans were submitted for housing. As far as I can work out these plans are being objected to by local residents resulting in a long drawn out process and leaving the site in limbo at the moment.
      This place is used by Air Soft players, there were thousands of pellets everywhere inside the place, and players on another part of the site when we were in the building. It's a good job we exited that building when we did, as it was their next playing area and that could have hurt lots!
      We managed precisely one building before being busted, although it is the biggest one it is the least interesting.
      Anyway, have some pics!
      1. Outside

2. Operating Theatres

4. Corridors etc.

9. There are some bits and pieces left.

15. Mint Bathroom

16. Very Pink.

thanks for looking!
      Maniac.
    • By LeeLewis82
      This is a repeated place and one that the whole of OS know.
      I stumbled across a old report on another forum and since havent seen many others post so here it is..
      Little Plumstead was home to Norfolk’s main “mental deficiency colony”. In recent years, it has closed down. Sadly a lot of the buildings have been demolished to make way for housing. Part of the site remains in use as a hospital. This section is due to close soon, with around 100 patients moving to community-based services.
      It has since demolished a lot of buildings including the pool leaving only 6 derelict standing buildings caked with decay and fragile floors.
      The hall itself attracts a lot of explorers and ghost hunters and has seen fire damage and metal thievery as well as tagger.

The upstairs of all the buildings in which extensive decay can be seen, warped floors, carpet going down into the non exsistant rafters and debris and scattered paper everywhere plus that lovely smell of dampness and black mould that we all love... masks are needed although ive never worn one.

The inside of the hall is to me like a chateu whilst ive only ever seen one on groups or forums its very simliar with its arch designs and colours.

Every time i have gained access and seen this place, it draws me in i cant explain the feel in the hall but its almost like you are being watched and waiting for a zombie to smash through a door and come and bite you.
      There is so much decay the floors upstairs are gone in some areas and in others there simply is no floor at all, Trollys left, files scattered, medical reports everywhere, spend needles and some aperatus is left.

Massive rooms for treatment as seen from very old pictures of the place, The asylum itself seemed to have a ward for un married women who were pregnant and were made to be treated as the public rejected them (Information to be confirmed), However no evidence of this has been seen.

It has since been boarded up and checked on at regular intervals due to the amount of breaking in the building's recieve with thick ply and mastic being placed and security screws everywhere entrance other than the local kids breaking in is almost impossible to gain entry at least without doing it the naughty way which i personally dont agree with.

The once grand staircase now completely trashed

Rooftop views (Very fragile lead roof)

Finally, im a celebrity nutter GET ME OUTTA HERE haha

Hopefully if and when there is a entry point again we will be able to obtain more detailled pictures but until then,,,,
      Enjoy.
    • By TheBaronof Scotland
      First part here http://www.oblivionstate.com/forum/showthread.php/5527-Scottish-Hospital-June-2013
      I had too many shots to not post a second helping

Cheers
    • By TheBaronof Scotland
      This was a brilliant explore, 5 guys from down south came up and I had a great day playing
      Saying nothing about this location except its huge !! 6 hours and there was still more
      On with the pics

Ok, this is when we found approx 500-1000 medical cards in a basement, I`m only posting one pic, I personally found it fascinating to read them

Cheers
      THE BARON

Disclaimer

Oblivion State exists as an online forum to allow like minded individuals to share their experiences of Urban Exploration. We do not condone breaking and entering or other criminal activity and advise all members to read the FAQ articles about the forum and urban exploring in general. All posts are the responsibility of the original poster and all images remain copyright to the original photographer.

We would just like to thank

Forum user AndyK! from Behind Closed Doors for our rather excellent new logo.

All of our fantastic team of Moderators who volunteer their time to keep this place running smoothly.

All of our members for continuing to support Oblivion State by posting up the most awesome content. Thank you everyone!