urblex

Anyone know anything on the Isle of Man?

Sorry mate, wish i could help you there but the last time i was there i was wearing a nappy and sucking on nipples.. :D

Today, not much has changed really haha :eek::Gulp:

Yeah think you may be right SK should of researched properly before i came.

Sorry mate, wish i could help you there but the last time i was there i was wearing a nappy and sucking on nipples.. :D

Today, not much has changed really haha :eek::Gulp:

pmsl

cheers Slayaaa never even thought to check there, don't usually go on that site...

Didn't get inside anywhere :violin: so no point putting up a report of just externals but here's what i did manage to find

Port Soderick, back in the day it was a tourist spot "famed for its pleasure grounds and beach"

9b92e0aa-562f-40ad-a00a-8c0fd572eddb_zpsm419vebz.jpg

ab1e7794-4af7-433f-91ea-6187cbb99aa9_zpsbe0pyyt6.jpg

efb2eecb-f55a-423b-b745-206a6246101c_zpstnl37pbj.jpg

87b7dbb1-e052-4a60-b883-72a4e623c439_zpsp3fqveeq.jpg

did find something else but there's no way of posting pics of it without showing access so will leave it, hopefully will get inside next time...

Not really 'urbex' but found this as well (sorry if it's not appropriate for the site but thought they were cool & may be of interest to others on here), an old local guy made loads of these quirky things out of junk/trash/stuff he found washed up on the beach & decorated his garden with them, most locals don't even know about the place. He made loads of them with cigarettes in their mouths in protest to the smoking ban even though he doesn't actually smoke.

9d2e0bf6-d2cd-42d9-bf58-e0c242b739cd_zpsubdl0plx.jpg

f7100f9f-7d05-46cb-bb8a-708e64cecb20_zps3h5uaqdb.jpg

Cheers guys yeah 'different' is always good imo :D Got more snaps but they're rubbish. At least i did a lot of 'recce' for next time am across haha

Cool to see urblex :thumb

The road racing connection is cool with that smoking biker with the helmet on. Looking forward to this years TT :P

The TT, that's where the real 'tourists' are at haha. Think its the only thing the isle of man is famous for, well that & being a real life craggy island haha

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Maniac
      http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/man-found-dead-cambridge-street-9661663
      Sad to read, hope it wasn't anyone from the community.
      Please, stay safe out there
    • By Silent Hill
      Splore Vid with a difference. The Owl Man Cometh
      http://www.dailymail.co.uk/video/news/video-1097792/Urban-explorers-terrified-meet-creepy-Owlman.html
    • By Mrbeardo
      It's been a year or so since I last went and got busted. But a change of camera and a wider lens meant that I wanted to go back and get some shots that I can be happy with. Wanted to get a few more sites in the Lincoln area done and had a look at rauceby asylum which wasn't my cup of tea. While it looks like work is being done to St J's it's only been confined to the external to the building as far as I can see.

• By TrevBish.co.uk
      The Royal York Hotel,a fine Art Deco style building completed in 1935 , replacing the original Victorian hotel of the same name. Closed in 2006. My guess is that it will be turnt into flats in the near future!
      The video tour! http://youtu.be/mKuRE1R4xvY

• By The Urban Adventurer
      Grain Tower ...or No 1 The Thames according to the Post Office, although I am not sure how they deliver post to this place!
      If you get it wrong on this explore you either have to spend an uncomfortable 12 hours on the structure or get very wet walking back ! Beware !
      Every time I have visited this place the weather has been crap ! So on this occasion and after defrosting various parts of my body over a period of days I added a little processing to these pics to try and make them a little more dramatic !
      Cheers for looking
      There is an excellent bit of history here for those of a more historical persuasion http://www.subbrit.org.uk/sb-sites/sites/g/grain_tower/index.shtml

The beast in all its glory

The modern extension

the old bit !

the view of the new extension from the roof of the old..

the gun placement

the way up is easier than the way down..that handrail was a bit loose !

the view across the water to some power station..sadly not abandoned !

A view of the tower

a hole in the wall..
      That's it..thanks for looking..if you go here..check the tides ! oh and wear stout footwear !

Disclaimer

Oblivion State exists as an online forum to allow like minded individuals to share their experiences of Urban Exploration. We do not condone breaking and entering or other criminal activity and advise all members to read the FAQ articles about the forum and urban exploring in general. All posts are the responsibility of the original poster and all images remain copyright to the original photographer.

We would just like to thank

Forum user AndyK! from Behind Closed Doors for our rather excellent new logo.

All of our fantastic team of Moderators who volunteer their time to keep this place running smoothly.

All of our members for continuing to support Oblivion State by posting up the most awesome content. Thank you everyone!